I have a confession

cp24eva

Reaction score
Hey all. Yes, I do have a confession. I like my Rezound, and I don't care too much for the RAZR, but it is also another great smartphone. People are talking very heavily about the Nexus. It's supposed to be one of the most powerful, sought out android phone of this year. Many people are basically making their phone buying decisions based particularly off of the success or failure of THAT phone. They treat it like it is the first smart phone to ever live. They treat it like people treated the very first iphone before it came out.

A part of me is sick of all the hype. A part of me wants that phone to crash and burn. Not because I like my Rezound. At this point in my fury, I would rather people by a RAZR or a Rezound rather than the Nexus. They are even calling it one of the big 3 right now...but no normal consumer has yet to play with it for a while to get a true feel of what it's really like. Remember the Bionic hype? For the most part it was a fail. I like to see phones succeed this day in age because people put up hard earned money for these devices. It's not the company itself that makes me hate. It's the many people who have never touch it, but swear up and down that it will be the Da Vinci of all android phones that make me hate.

So yes, it's a rare feeling for me....but I'm a hater. I hate the hype. If it wasn't so hyped, I'd say. "Wow, seems like a nice phone. Can't wait to see what it's like." Now I don't even care, because I'd feel almost as bad as an iSheep (I used to be one)

No responses necessary. I just had to vent a lil to a community haha.
Bad mouth me if you want. I don't care. It's funny to me. Mwahahahahaha! :icon_ devil:

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
That's pretty much how I felt about the razr before it came out...everyone saying that those of us who bought a bionic were fools and that the razr would be perfect.

Frankly, though, the bionic was not a failure. It is an excellent phone. Some had problems, but they are getting fixed. I didn't buy mine expecting it to be perfect right away, but I know it is going to get better, and it is still an amazing platform just the way it is.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the nexus just so I can get a look at ICS before I get it on my phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
after the failure that was the bionic for anybody not in a heavy 4G area that doesn't travel... this is perfectly acceptable. I think once the hype dies down on the Nexus the ReZound will start shining a bit more. The biggest thing the RZ has going for it against the nexus is the 720p, as with any nexus device the factory EASILY unlockable bootloader is it's biggest draw.... which means nadda to joe blow, just us techies. What helps the nexus is that it is receiving iphone like advertising. The typical "soulless droid" image does not draw many people to a phone, and guess what, just the specs of it aren't going to either. The only thing that got the Droid going for people was the raw power image of being able to do anything. I'll vent with you cause I was one of the sheep that flocked to the bionic only to be seriously shattered and disappointed.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I originally wasn't even considering the bionic, but my GF fell to the hype and like any good boyfriend (haha) I followed. It wasn't a total failure like LaurelRaven said, but it didn't live up to the hype. I had to root my Bionic for it to act half right. Lol. With the problems that it had, plus the screen, I had to give it up. I think the screen was the tipping point for me. If the phone isn't going to act right, then at least have one of the best screens out there. I wasn't too fond of Super Amoled either because it was a bit too yellow or green at some points. But super amoled is still a nice looking picture.

The hype of what people assume a device will be is what kills me. Lets hope ICS is a great improvement and that when other companies get it, it will be stable and have some really great innovations. I'm still wanting some google wallet love.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
I think the screen was the tipping point for me.

I've heard a lot of people complain about the Bionic screen, but I have to admit...I just don't see what the problem is. I actually like the Bionic's screen better than the RAZR, because I feel the colors are better and the screen is brighter. Also, I like being able to see the screen in the sun light.

I hear alot about how pixelated it is, but again, I don't see it, at least not without putting it up an inch away from my face.

But, everyone is different. I'd also say that every Bionic, it seems, is a little different :blink: I didn't need to root to get mine behaving right, but it did take some messing around with my apps and so forth before I got it really where I like it, and the extended battery makes a huge difference.

Anyway, the few issues I still have from time to time, I'm looking forward to the OTA coming this month for that.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I initially didn't have a problem with the screen. But I what happened was I was at the airport looking at things on my laptop....the same youtube videos. Yes, a laptop shouldnt be compared to a smartphone, but it just looked like how it should lool. I realized for the longest time i have been looking at the Bionic with horse blinders on, or beer goggles. So now when I play videos on the rezound and put them next to my laptop with the same video, it is highly comparable. The colors were good in the bionic, but it was the pixelation that got me. and the screen door look. Like you I like the screen better than the Razr screen. The razr screen needs to be green/yellow tweaked. If they ever did that, than the super amoled would be the best screen hands down.

didiwags

Reaction score
My BIL bought the Bionic just before the Razr and Rezound came out (I told him to wait but he didnt) and I cannot look at his screen now after the Rezound!! I can totally see a difference. Plus talk about a beast of a phone, that thing is HUGE!!!!! lol I think the biggest issue with the Bionic was delays!! It was delayed a lot, and it seems the Galaxy Nexus is in a way following suit. Even though no official date is out the rumored dates have been going on for what seems like forever!!
In all honesty if the GN was made by someone else other then Samsung I probably would have waited for it to compare to the Rezound. I think just for the fact of it being a Samsung phone it will have some major issues which is unfortunate!

EVSP

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with this thread and I couldn't have said it better myself. +1 all the way!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
A friend of mine has the Bionic and to be honest, if I was stuck with it (for lack of a better way to say it) I wouldn't be unhappy. It's got a nice feel in the hand and I don't see the screen as being an issue at all.

I think some people are just never happy.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
bionic does feel nice in my hand. I actually like it better than the RAZR feeling. The phone wasn't a bad phone....when it's working right. I had disappearing apps, disappearing data connections, random reboots, and freezes. If I never had any of those issues, then I might be able to overlook the screen. the screen isn't bad, but it ain't the rezound screen. colors were good though. Just once in a while I noticed the pentile look. Had to root my bionic for it to act half right. It's a shame that I had to root it to get it to that point.

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
Hahaha.... You guys are trippin'. The Bionic is fantastic. I wouldn't trade it for any phone out and available today. Hype is exactly that... Hype. You should know better and better able to read between the lines.

That's funny, I didn't have to root mine to get it to "act right". It's worked great (with some occasional glitches here and there) since I got the device. No biggie, really, I just think it's weird how people knock the Bionic. Maybe I just got lucky? Maybe some people don't know what they're doing? I don't know.

Sent from a Phone

Last edited:

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Hahaha.... You guys are trippin'. The Bionic is fantastic. I wouldn't trade it for any phone out and available today. Hype is exactly that... Hype. You should know better and better able to read between the lines.

That's funny, I didn't have to root mine to get it to "act right". It's worked great (with some occasional glitches here and there) since I got the device. No biggie, really, I just think it's weird how people knock the Bionic. Maybe I just got lucky? Maybe some people don't know what they're doing? I don't know.

Sent from a Phone

+1.. my girls rezound is very stutter prone.. the extra processing power rlly isnt there... my bionic swamps it in benchmarks. And i know benches mean nothing to all you guys.. its just way more snappy than rezound... **** my tb was more snappy...but anywayz ive never had a data drop... or an app dissapear...on the other hand the difference between the screens is.. well. Rezounds is better.. but i use my phone alot in the sun...and bionic is not surpassed in that area... i think the big three are bionic, rezound, rzr right now.. gnex isnt even out...it cannot be included in that list imho...considering its has considerable problems in the uk. And delays in the states. Just my 2. I wouldnt mind have any of the big three...but the bionic is not fail. Come play with mine. You'd be singing a diff tune. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Well there is a problem with alot of android phone these day in that many people have different experiences. Like it's almost night and day. With TB, Bionic, Rezound, razr, there are many different experiences. I think your GF has a slightly problematic phone possibly. Or you could be seeing it through biased eyes because people love to think they have the best rather than what is best for them. You know what I mean?