I have a confession

Byrnie

Reaction score
hey all new Rezound owner here. I transferred from my Droid X and the wife did the same.

The screen is what really attracted me to the Rezound and the fact that almost every review liked the way it felt/sat in your hand. Most audiophiles will tell you that Beats is super overrated and I have since disabled the Beats audio software. Now of course if you likes the Beats audio that doesn't make you an audio noob given it's all personal preference. While I think the Nexus looks like a great phone I doubt I can easily browse on it with one hand (given reviews I've read and I have big hands). Another thing that pushed me away from the Nexus was the camera. From what I remember reading the camera isn't has nice as the Rezound's. Now i'm not just judging by the MP rating but from what I've seen/read. Here's what I am really interested in hearing about; How will the Rezound with ICS compare to the Nexus. No one talks about this in any of the reviews I've seen they just drool over the Nexus. I'm really interested in reading a review comparing the two once the Rezound gets ICS. I don't believe in the Nexus hype (as you can probably tell) and look forward to a review. I did get the extended battery on my Rezound and believe it or not I'm really liking it. It is a hell of a lot thicker but it still fits in my pocket without making me look completely ridiculous. I love my Rezound so far and I'm liking the Sense so far. I wish the design was a bit thinner but, as you can tell, it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

**Update**If you look at the review for the Galaxy Nexus from the guys over at "The Verge", the only difference in the scoring break-down from the Rezound and the Nexus were software related, meaning Ice Cream Sandwich is why it was rated so high.

Last edited:
OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
hey all new Rezound owner here. I transferred from my Droid X and the wife did the same.

The screen is what really attracted me to the Rezound and the fact that almost every review liked the way it felt/sat in your hand. Most audiophiles will tell you that Beats is super overrated and I have since disabled the Beats audio software. Now of course if you likes the Beats audio that doesn't make you an audio noob given it's all personal preference. While I think the Nexus looks like a great phone I doubt I can easily browse on it with one hand (given reviews I've read and I have big hands). Another thing that pushed me away from the Nexus was the camera. From what I remember reading the camera isn't has nice as the Rezound's. Now i'm not just judging by the MP rating but from what I've seen/read. Here's what I am really interested in hearing about; How will the Rezound with ICS compare to the Nexus. No one talks about this in any of the reviews I've seen they just drool over the Nexus. I'm really interested in reading a review comparing the two once the Rezound gets ICS. I don't believe in the Nexus hype (as you can probably tell) and look forward to a review. I did get the extended battery on my Rezound and believe it or not I'm really liking it. It is a hell of a lot thicker but it still fits in my pocket without making me look completely ridiculous. I love my Rezound so far and I'm liking the Sense so far. I wish the design was a bit thinner but, as you can tell, it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

**Update**If you look at the review for the Galaxy Nexus from the guys over at "The Verge", the only difference in the scoring break-down from the Rezound and the Nexus were software related, meaning Ice Cream Sandwich is why it was rated so high.

Welcome new ReZound owner. I like you am giddy with excitement as to what ICS will make the Rezound function like. I just hope with this all new Android OS that there wont be many bugs due to compatibility issues or something. I mean, it might work great on the Nexus, but there is that chance that it wont work as well on the Rezound or any other phone at that. I also hope the HTC developers don't push us Rezound owners to the back burner as far as updates go. I remember a while ago when i was a iphone user they pushed an initial update out maybe a month after the release of one of their phones. I hop HTC can keep us, the customer in mind when it comes to the updates. We shell out hard earned money for these devices. Thats one of the selling point to the Nexus, is quicker updates. But who is in charge of the updates? Samsung or Google? or both? Or is Samsung simply in charge of the hardware side of things? Sorry, I haven't been totally immersed in the Nexus hype train, so i don't know.

Welcome again.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome new ReZound owner. I like you am giddy with excitement as to what ICS will make the Rezound function like. I just hope with this all new Android OS that there wont be many bugs due to compatibility issues or something. I mean, it might work great on the Nexus, but there is that chance that it wont work as well on the Rezound or any other phone at that. I also hope the HTC developers don't push us Rezound owners to the back burner as far as updates go. I remember a while ago when i was a iphone user they pushed an initial update out maybe a month after the release of one of their phones. I hop HTC can keep us, the customer in mind when it comes to the updates. We shell out hard earned money for these devices. Thats one of the selling point to the Nexus, is quicker updates. But who is in charge of the updates? Samsung or Google? or both? Or is Samsung simply in charge of the hardware side of things? Sorry, I haven't been totally immersed in the Nexus hype train, so i don't know.

Welcome again.

Google releases updates as vanilla android (no ui overlay like touchwiz or sense) which means since the nexus is stock vanilla android those updates can be applied immediately but other phones will have to wait until their manufacturer applies their own ui on top of it...for example the rezound will get updates only after HTC is able to integrate sense properly with the original updates...basically newer/upcoming phones will get worked on first, then the most popular older phones get worked on then the rest of the phones that are capable of running the update will get worked on...
The ics update may take awhile since it is such a big update and from what I've heard they are going to make a whole new version of sense for it as well (sense 4.0)

Btw, I'm curious how HTC will incorporate the on screen soft buttons into sense for future devices, should be interesting to see what they do lol
supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

Last edited:
OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Google releases updates as vanilla android (no ui overlay like touchwiz or sense) which means since the nexus is stock vanilla android those updates can be applied immediately but other phones will have to wait until their manufacturer applies their own ui on top of it...for example the rezound will get updates only after HTC is able to integrate sense properly with the original updates...basically newer/upcoming phones will get worked on first, then the most popular older phones get worked on then the rest of the phones that are capable of running the update will get worked on...
The ics update may take awhile since it is such a big update and from what I've heard they are going to make a whole new version of sense for it as well (sense 4.0)

Btw, I'm curious how HTC will incorporate the on screen soft buttons into sense for future devices, should be interesting to see what they do lol
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

oh i know that part. What I didn't get is who is in charge of the updates. which i assume was google from what you were saying. The phone is samsung branded, but only on hardware right?

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
verizon (in our case) gets the final call on updates. They have to load all of their bloatware before it gets pushed, and the final release comes from their servers as I understand it. I could always be wrong though :p

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
DAMNIT VERIZON! Will this affect the phones that have had bloatware removed?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
verizon (in our case) gets the final call on updates. They have to load all of their bloatware before it gets pushed, and the final release comes from their servers as I understand it. I could always be wrong though :p

They usually get the updates out in a timely manner, most of the wait time is due to the phone manufacturers and I believe Google gives Verizon a time limit on when the final updates need to be pushed out
Btw as far as the galaxy nexus they are not allowed to add any more bloatware than what comes preinstalled and the gn will be the absolute first phone to get any type of updates on Verizon and it should be almost immediately after any updates are finalized, Google won't put up with Verizon delaying updates on their flagship phone. It would defeat the purpose...I don't think Verizon really wants to mess with Google unless they feel like having a legal battle or Google actually buying them out (I'm sure Google has the power and $$$ to do it too lol)

19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
After drooling over both the razr and nexus, my Rezound will be delivered today around 10am. =)

I have two upgrades on my lines and was hell bent on owning both the razr and nexus (yes I admit it I have a slight addiction to these phones) After getting the chance to play around with those two, they just didnt feel right in my hand. The nexus felt like one of my 4yr olds toys and the razr was just to wide for me.

So here I am a new member of the Rezound forum! :icon_ lala:

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Welcome to the club mallisa. Hope the phone is good enough to keep you hear. These parts of the forum arent buzzin' like The Razr or the G Nexus. Probably because we aren't have as many issues.....wishful thinking!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk