I need a splash of water, please. (Rezound consideration)

Signum

Reaction score
People love it. Whenever they ask about the razr the moment I get to the Kevlar part their eyes lighten up and they start freaking out. Must be a mythbuster thing.

But I wouldn't call Kevlar meaningless.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

people are idiots. i could tell them the entire phone is covered with unobtanium and has a display of krpytonite and their eyes would still light up.

cp24eva

Reaction score
people are idiots. i could tell them the entire phone is covered with unobtanium and has a display of krpytonite and their eyes would still light up.

Is this along the same lines of "Oh snap, the phone has gorilla glass!"

mikeinctown

Reaction score
lol... true, it's only been a few weeks. But I had an Original Droid for 2 years... my bar is pretty low. :happy3:

+1... And i found a keyboard app that looks just like the OG keyboard, just a tad bigger for better control. So now I get a phone that I can multitask with and not have it just stop working because I opened too many things at once. I am liking this phone more and more each day, even if they are sending me a warranty battery replacement because mine dies within 5 hours.

<edit> plus I absoluetly love the little coin purse that I get to keep my headphones in. One day I'll have coins in it, just as soon as I have money because I dropped $260 on this phone. LOL

cp24eva

Reaction score
+1... And i found a keyboard app that looks just like the OG keyboard, just a tad bigger for better control. So now I get a phone that I can multitask with and not have it just stop working because I opened too many things at once. I am liking this phone more and more each day, even if they are sending me a warranty battery replacement because mine dies within 5 hours.

<edit> plus I absoluetly love the little coin purse that I get to keep my headphones in. One day I'll have coins in it, just as soon as I have money because I dropped $260 on this phone. LOL

Did they say you battery was defective? What makes the new battery they are sending you so different? And how can I get in on that? not that my battery dies that quickly, but I just want to know what kind of explanation they gave you.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
My battery was dying within 5 hours of charging to 100%. I could charge it, send a few texts and IM messages and it would be down 25%. I have all widgits and other crap shut off as well. I called and filed a warranty claim. They think the battery may be bad. If the new battery is the same way then the phone is probably messed up. We shall see. I love this thing though.

OP
revelated

revelated

Reaction score
Now take the razr and take away its thin design what does it have?

Swype.
SAMOLED (for those that prefer it).
Less auto running bloat.
The ability to actually uninstall certain apps and hide others.
An unobtrusive UI.

The thing is, the thinness of the RAZR isn't what's appealing, in terms of its physical body. It just feels like a lighter instance of Gingerbread all the way around. It doesn't feel nearly as bloated as any HTC device I've used. I've only used two, but both were plagued with the same issues and no way to deal with it. And no, I should not have to root/ROM my phone to get a reasonably clean experience.

OK, this is so silly.. a small red ring around the camera and a red dime sized logo upsets someone that much? What a joke.

The beats audio stuff was released to developers so they can integrate, and any decent headphones cost $50 plus. I for one like them because you can use them as a wired headset when making calls.

Apparently the swype everyone used to use doesn't exist anymore.

You've got:
  • Red accenting around the earpiece.
  • Red capacitive buttons (this REALLY irks me)
  • Red circle around the camera
  • Totally unnecessary Beats branding that you can only get rid of with a case (which I hate) or an extended battery with case (which makes it a tank).
Make the phone red or don't bother. Black, dark brown, chrome, white, silver...neutral colors that look way more professional and upscale. Again, if I were a teenager, I'd be all over it. Reminds me of Sprint trying to sell the rugged Nextel phones - horrible looking things.
And no, there's no Swype which is included on almost every other Android phone. Instead you get HTC's bastardization of the keyboard. Not what I want. Why can't HTC just stick with what's standard? That's my problem with the Sense UI, they keep going against the grain.

My thing is this. I find the Thunderbolt to be a relatively beautiful phone. But the Rezound looks like Dr. Dre just forced himself upon it and violated it in prison or something. Now maybe it's some unforeseen powerhouse, but I am totally not a fan of the design or the Sense UI. Would have loved to do the Nexus but Verizon seems incapable of doing a proper phone announcement or launch there either.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Swype.
SAMOLED (for those that prefer it).
Less auto running bloat.
The ability to actually uninstall certain apps and hide others.
An unobtrusive UI.

Its all a matter of opinion so heres mine to your points.

1.the "trace" keyboard in HTC is very similar to swype but i don't honestly use either one
2. SAMOLED.. I see that as a down fall not a plus.. I don't like oversaturated blown out colors.. On instance i will give you is a couple pictures i took look GREAT on the phone but when i transferred them to my PC with a better screen, it showed how the colors were actually washed out but the SAMOLED screen oversaturated them which only appeared to make them better..
3.less autorunning bloat... seriously.. motorola has some "moto..." app for everything I can't stand the new motorola gallery app.. it auto syncs with online accounts FB, etc.. and shows those pics by default first..
4. the uninstalling of bloat sounds good but there are very few apps that can be uninstalled and "hiding" them doesn't make them not run in the background anyway. Although i will admit even some uninstallable bloat is good but not all it was cracked up to be..
5. I love the Sense UI over blur... the 3D animations, the weather widget, calendar widget, all these are way better with sense than moto blur.. and what is it with that stupid "glow" when you scroll between home screens...

All this coming from a LONG time moto guy.. I had the e815, e816, OG Razr, Razr 2, OG Droid, Droid 2,3,X, X2 and motoblur has gotten more intrusive by the release..

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Funny thing is the blackberries used by most offices for their employees have way more splashes of color over them than this phone does. Lets face it, the OP just wants to argue.

thekavon

Reaction score
Since we are providing opinions here is mine...

Swype, please... we live in a day in age of voice to text, if you can't tap it say it.
SAMOLED, looks sub-par on the RAZR, Hold a Charge or any other SAM device next to it to see the "lovely" green hue Moto emits.
Bloat... someone addressed that factor already...
APPs, perma-root should eventually be worked out & TiBa will freeze your choice of apps. For the time being, don't like looking at apps press and hold, drag to trash can. Create shortcuts to the apps and folders on your custom home screens to your liking. This should go with out saying.
Unobtrusive UI?? If you liked the TBolt so much whats the real difference it's still HTC UI

Don't like the Red... Buy a Sharpie. Seriously have you actually paid attention to the cases these people put on their phones! I see peoples phones everyday the last thing they are concerned about is a few red streaks or a logo.

Maybe this phone was targeted to a younger audience or those that want a device built around audio technology, have you seen the ONE commercial and the target demographic. Young people who want to get in touch with the way music should sound and still keep in touch all in one device. Don't like Beats or Dre, don't buy it. They sell professional looking iPods with phone, messaging and network capabilities. Another thing when have you seen a new Droid launched less than $299.99 lately. 4G LTE, dual core 1.5, 720p HD display, best looking 8mp on a phone by far and sporting a 2mp front cam. You don't get those features on a new 3g phone. The Charge with less specs launched at $299.99 and only recently dropped in price. The headsets are obviously a marketing initiative. Better than getting the free blackberry foam padded plastics earbuds.

Again with the Swype... HTC has remained independent of the Swype and I hope they stay true to that.

Sorry 2 commercials just found another on youtube

Reaction score
Well, I came from a RAZR to the Rezound myself. I gave it to my wife. Couldn't deal with a few things. I am both a Moto and HTC fan. I gave this phone an unbiased 1 week fighting chance. Never went and looked at the Rezound until I decided I wasn't keeping the Razr.

I'm a pretty big guy with basketball sized hands and I still found the RAZR awkward to use.

I found the keyboard a lot less sensitive to light tapping which made my landscape typing much slower on the Razr (not too much better upright either).

Swype? Really? Who cares... No comment.

Design... Aesthetics, in my opinion, don't really vary from the two phones... Both phones are flashy one way or another and exhibit their own strengths and weaknesses. The red accents on the Rezound are very nice as is the Razrs near all glass front. The backs of both phones, again, are equally as impressive or likeable (or not, everybody has opinions)...

I don't believe either phone would be seen as unprofessional unless your like me and have a bright red high gloss silicone case with Android print all over it. ;-)

I work for the CA Government btw and could really care less what you think of my phone... It's mine, not the Government's...

The Blur UI has evolved into a cluttery ass visual. I actually liked the simple 3 button unchangeable Blur from the Droid X much better. Sense over Blur anyday. Stock Android is hideous, smoother, faster but still hideous EXCEPT for ICS which, ironically, reminds me of Blackberrys current OS (which isn't half bad actually).

I'm not sure what your doing to bogg down the Rezound but, I haven't done it yet. The Razr, I have seen slow down a bit, and force close far more often then my Rezound which hasn't forced close yet. I did have a recent boot loop issue recently but, it was a stupidly simple fix no thanks to HTC and Verizon...

Screens, in my opinion, are just not comparable.... at all... Having the Razr first, my initial opinions having never owned either phone, and not seeing the Rezound yet, was PIXELS!!! EVERYWHERE!!!! My wife said the same thing BUT was willing to put up with the screen in exchange for a visually striking design (women, btw, she owned an EVO 3D before this)... It's REALLY SATURATED, the whites are greyish yellowish, the blue tint when just slightly off tilt is horrible and, until I got my Rezound, I didn't realize how much harder it is to read the print on screen. I was troubleshooting Google Voice for my wife the other night and actually had to let my eyes adjust coming fresh off my Rezounds screen... Thought I didn't have my glasses on, check, I did... No exaggeration, it really is that much different.

My wife has decided to exchange her phone stating "I'm not sure what I want but, it won't be this phone!" In spite of my own opinions, I convinced her to wait for the Nexus release so she could decide, side by side, what phone she'd rather have. Costco has a 90 day exchange/return policy lucky her. My wallet, her gain.

However, I did buy the Rezound for two Damns (half a penny hence the phrase "I don't give a damn")...

Not a gadget geek, yes a computer freak, run a 10.18 second 100M dash and can catch any ball thrown my way. I just like shiny new things that go... Really fast!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

rasaun87

Reaction score
This man said the beats it what's making cost so much.... So the first hd screen, the 1.5ghz processor, the 1gb of ram, and the fact that it can hang with any top tier phone out on any network has nothing to do with it? The beats are damn near free from the way I see it. I don't think anybody spent 300 cuz of a beat logo. And the phone looks like most of htc phones on Android on vzw: black with red accents. You just sound like a hater bro, stop it. To each is own but to straight bad mouth the rezound like motos 4g/3g radio dropage is hot is ridiculous. Oh and NO 3G/4G dropouts over here BBBBOOOOIII!

sent from my rezound that may NOT be traded for a gnex

Reaction score
Oh, like he said... Beats doesn't sell this phone... It's just a plus...

I'm an Audio Engineer, and although these headphones are fun as hell to listen too they are so far from pure its not even funny!

Perfect for bass heads, kids, young adults (like myself)... A professional product, like the commercial suggests?

NOT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM...

They are fun tho! However, they definitely do not sell this phone... I think the screen alone sells most non technical people. I've seen it with my own two peepers...

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
THis is a religious argument.
Rezound vs Razr. Different people will chose one over the other.
Get the phone you like and move on.
I have a Razr because I just didn't like the build quality of the HTC among other things.
I had a Bionic but passed it to my wife and got the Razr.
Once again, preference. My wife wouldn't trade the Bionic for any other phone. She doesn't like my Razr because the battery isn't removable.
Different strokes for different folks.

Reaction score
THis is a religious argument.
Rezound vs Razr. Different people will chose one over the other.
Get the phone you like and move on.
I have a Razr because I just didn't like the build quality of the HTC among other things.
I had a Bionic but passed it to my wife and got the Razr.
Once again, preference. My wife wouldn't trade the Bionic for any other phone. She doesn't like my Razr because the battery isn't removable.
Different strokes for different folks.

True... Tho some of this is pretty black n white...