I need a splash of water, please. (Rezound consideration)

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Bionic and rzr much snappier than the fat vigor. And i dont even like the rzr. Lol bloooooated htc products that stutter n lag ftl

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Bionic and rzr much snappier than the fat vigor. And i dont even like the rzr. Lol bloooooated htc products that stutter n lag ftl

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Bionic Is not so small there buddy...

Bloated? No more then Motorola...

Stutter, Lag? Rezound? Sensation? I think you must mistake transition effects for speed in the Motorola because from personal experience, Sense is much smoother then Blur (especially on the previous generation devices as processing power and video cards are correcting a lot of these issues) but speedwise, they're not much different...

Really, don't be so quick to point fingers...

In spite of these posts, I like quite a few things about the Razr if you read my other posts...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
This man said the beats it what's making cost so much.... So the first hd screen, the 1.5ghz processor, the 1gb of ram, and the fact that it can hang with any top tier phone out on any network has nothing to do with it? The beats are damn near free from the way I see it. I don't think anybody spent 300 cuz of a beat logo. And the phone looks like most of htc phones on Android on vzw: black with red accents. You just sound like a hater bro, stop it. To each is own but to straight bad mouth the rezound like motos 4g/3g radio dropage is hot is ridiculous. Oh and NO 3G/4G dropouts over here BBBBOOOOIII! sent from my rezound that may NOT be traded for a gnex
Very well said. I just got my Rezound tonight and am very happy with it. Coming from a Droid Bionic since launch day. I was putting up with the 3g/4g drop. I went through 3 phones just trying to see if I can switch to another phone. I finally gave up and sold my bionic, used the money and one of my 2 upgrades to get the Rezound. So far I am loving it. No 3g/4g drops at all. I am trying to get used to Sense. I love the Beats. I think I will keep this phone and hopefully keep it.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I'm on the same boat as you man. The bionic proved very problematic for me and my girlfriend. With the rezound we have very minimal issues. The op seriously sound trollish

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

OP
revelated

revelated

Reaction score
Well whatever. The Rezound is not an attractive phone and it DOES matter. Beats does swell the cost - people have already said the headphones are over $100 separately; why not offer a version of the phone without this stuff and sell it for $499? Watch how many people go for that instead of the Beats version, then come back to me.

I also don't want a phone that effectively compels me to put an extended battery in it. That was my issue with the Thunderbolt. Without the extended, it got maybe 8 hours of battery; not acceptable when a phone as thin as the RAZR can manage 12 hours minimum - I'm currently at 32 hours on the RAZR. The Bionic pushes 18 hours on its standard up to 50-60-some-odd hours (yes, it can. I've done it, with videos to prove it.)

Complaints of the non-removable battery are valid...but petty. People complaining that they can't swap batteries are living in the dark ages. There are external battery packs that can charge the phone on the go WITHOUT HAVING TO POWER THE PHONE OFF TO SWAP A BATTERY; in a given day, assuming a person is focused on their job/school/kids like they should be, a phone might get used for a few hours of calls and emails, but other than that the on-screen activity should be minimal, and the background data conserved. Do you really need 4G on the phone or do you just think you do? For what you do in a given day, is it possible you can survive with 3G instead? Probably. In that scenario, there's no reason the RAZR can't achieve 15 hours. Problem is you have people sitting at work reading and sending live tweets, chatting, texting, emailing BFFs, watching streaming videos, and screwing around for 7 hours of an 8-hour day instead of doing their job/focusing on the teacher/taking care of their kids like they should be.

The Bionic has issues but it's way more attractive of a phone than the Rezound. It doesn't have Dr. Dre royalties bundled into it. I would say even the Incredible 2 is a better device all around, if for no other reason than the fact it's "clean". Slower processor, lower memory...sure. But do those things really matter in a given use case? Not that much.

My purpose for this thread - despite what you may think - was to try and get honest opinions. I got some, but not others. That the bulk of you would sit here and say with a straight face that you think this phone is attractive looking...is appalling, unless you're 18-25, which I don't think you are. You might like the screen, you might like the speed. That's fine. I'm willing to give those a second look now that I've had the RAZR for a while. But the bulk, the rubber back, the red accenting (and no, I do not put cases on my phone to make them even more bulky), the forced Beats branding (and no, I will not buy an extended back or replacement case. I should not have to spend money to get rid of branding I don't want), the forced Beats inclusions, it all just brings back frightening memories of...

MotorolaDolceGabbanaRAZR-1.jpg

rasaun87

Reaction score
If your so much against the rezound then don't buy it. The beats do cost 100 of the phone but they are bundled with phone for free whether you want to admit that or not. This phone can easily sell for 300 without them. And if you don't like the branding, blah blah don't get em. The phone OUTPERFORMS the bionic easily. The razr? Idk cuz I never had but from what I seen on the blogs it has the same problems as the bionic. But each phone is good and there is no point in bashing a phone. To me the beats logo is nice but I guess ill chalk that up to me being a college student. I'm assuming if I ran a business I probably wouldn't want that on thier either.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
for what its worth, all of your subjective opinions are wrong, and mine are right

:p

shanimal92

Reaction score
My purpose for this thread - despite what you may think - was to try and get honest opinions. I got some, but not others. That the bulk of you would sit here and say with a straight face that you think this phone is attractive looking...is appalling, unless you're 18-25, which I don't think you are. You might like the screen, you might like the speed. That's fine. I'm willing to give those a second look now that I've had the RAZR for a while. But the bulk, the rubber back, the red accenting (and no, I do not put cases on my phone to make them even more bulky), the forced Beats branding (and no, I will not buy an extended back or replacement case. I should not have to spend money to get rid of branding I don't want), the forced Beats inclusions, it all just brings back frightening memories of...

Appalling? Really? So, because we have a different opinion than you, our perspective is appalling? That just doesn't seem right. You cant say that wanting a removable battery is petty, then turn around and stomp your feet because the phone has too much red. Having red accents on a phone does not make it childish or less professional. it makes the phone unique and, for some, look better. it's not bulky, by any means. it may be thicker than most phones, buts its not bulky. The Beats branding is no more forced than the Kevlar backing of the Razr, it is just part of the phone. Nevertheless, it all comes down to you. if you do not like the way it looks, if you dont like the "bulkiness," if you dont like the Beats logo, if you dont like damn near every aspect of the phone, do not buy it.

warnette

Reaction score
Stop feeding this guy (who allegedly is not a troll just making trollish arguments) already.

Reaction score
I wasn't really thinking he was trolling too bad at first, but come on man, really... Words like "appalling" are troll words...

Troll

Sent from my REZOUND with $100 of FREE Beats Audio using DroidForums

warnette

Reaction score
I wasn't really thinking he was trolling too bad at first, but come on man, really... Words like "appalling" are troll words...

Troll

Sent from my REZOUND with $100 of FREE Beats Audio using DroidForums

A trolls ravenous appetite always gives it away.

OP
revelated

revelated

Reaction score
The Beats branding is no more forced than the Kevlar backing of the Razr, it is just part of the phone.

Kevlar matches the phone. Beats stands out like a sore thumb. That's my problem. A subdued, gray/black "b" with no circle as an emboss would have been fine. And again, I would likely consider it stronger, even with the bulk, if it were not branded with eyesores. Sense can always be removed.

Anyway, I shared my opinions.

shanimal92

Reaction score
Kevlar matches the phone. Beats stands out like a sore thumb. That's my problem. A subdued, gray/black "b" with no circle as an emboss would have been fine. And again, I would likely consider it stronger, even with the bulk, if it were not branded with eyesores. Sense can always be removed.

Anyway, I shared my opinions.

Excuse me sir, your ignorance is showing. RED Beats logo doesn't match the rest of the RED accents? Oh ok.