Joining Team Rezound!

msuperbauer

Reaction score
Well, I'm saying adios to my trusty old Thunderbolt! Chose the Rezound, becuase I really like HTC and the interface and nothing else really talked to me. Razr Max's battery life looks great, but nothing else about it does. dont care about the keyboard on the droid 4, need an expandable SD card slot (rule out the s3) So here I am. Anyone else come in to the rezound from the thunderbolt? What are your thoughts? Is ther eanything you miss about the thunderbolt? I expect the battery life should be similiar to the TB. What else am I gaining? Not sure if I'll root. let me know your experiences!

Willt365

Reaction score
Grt choice, since the update, no more dropped 4g, if u listen to music, u can't beat the sound...congrats...

flamewalker

Reaction score
Solid choice. I was brave and installed a couple of the leaks but am now on the "official" ICS release. Decent battery, freaking awesome screen, nice and zippy, and pleasant enough skin. Doesn't seem to get in the way too much.

I'm tempted to root but probably will wait until someone gets JB to work :)

Reaction score
I came from a dinc2, never had the TB. I was happy when I got my rezound in Jan/feb, but I'm loving it now- I feel like it just gets better all the time. Have had way too many phone experiences but think HTC is by far the least annoying. Best of all is when all the little I-geeks get jealous when they see how awesome my phone is. It's freaking hilarious when they leave the conversation and the only thing they have to say is "well, yours isn't an apple". Haha! Congrats on your new rezound.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Congrats!! Good luck with it!

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Congrats and good choice. Do yourself a favor and get the extended battery. A stock RZ will be better than a stock TB when it comes to battery life but with an extended battery the Rezound is unstoppable. This is with moderate use.

View attachment 54565

With the RZ you're gaining an awesome camera, HD screen, great music player, with ICS running on dual cores you get a smooth as butter powerhouse. You won't hear too many complaints from the Rezound owners in here. I've said this a few times because its true...there isn't a phone out now that I would rather have. My son's aide is sitting next to me using her One X. I've tried that phone a few times and it's nice but I still would rather have my Rezound. And the funny thing is I'm the reason she has that phone. When she started with us she had an iPhone 3. I showed her everything that my Rezound could do that her iPhone couldn't. So she asked me which phone should she get. Since she's on AT&T I told her the One X.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Last edited:

DroDough

Reaction score
msuperbauer said:
Well, I'm saying adios to my trusty old Thunderbolt! Chose the Rezound, becuase I really like HTC and the interface and nothing else really talked to me. Razr Max's battery life looks great, but nothing else about it does. dont care about the keyboard on the droid 4, need an expandable SD card slot (rule out the s3) So here I am. Anyone else come in to the rezound from the thunderbolt? What are your thoughts? Is ther eanything you miss about the thunderbolt? I expect the battery life should be similiar to the TB. What else am I gaining? Not sure if I'll root. let me know your experiences!

I switched from the TB to Rezound. Beat phone swap I made. The screen is better, the stock battery is better, its runs so much smoother and faster on top of having ICS now. You made a good choice. Personally I can't touch on the topic of rooting since I never have rooted any of my phones. There are plenty of home launcher replacements that I used up until the update which brought the dock bar.

OP
M

msuperbauer

Reaction score
I'm excited! I was (crazy I know) but thinking about the Incredible 4g, the idea of a small pocketable phone sounded good, Plus one of the negatives I read about this phone is it's size and weight. Oh well, I can't make myself get a smaller phone that has less abilities.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess pocketable is a relative term. I carry my Kindle Fire in my pocket. :)

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Great phone! You made an excellent choice...

Did want to point out that the S3 actually does have a micro-sd slot which I believe supports up to 64gb. Rezound is still a great phone though.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To me the Rezound is the most underrated phone on Verizon since the LG Dare. It's a lot of phone, reliable, durable and feels right n my hand, especially with the extended battery on board.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy with Blue Tapatalk and a ZaggFolio

scott craft

Reaction score
Congrats and good choice. Do yourself a favor and get the extended battery. A stock RZ will be better than a stock TB when it comes to battery life but with an extended battery the Rezound is unstoppable. This is with moderate use.

View attachment 54565

With the RZ you're gaining an awesome camera, HD screen, great music player, with ICS running on dual cores you get a smooth as butter powerhouse. You won't hear too many complaints from the Rezound owners in here. I've said this a few times because its true...there isn't a phone out now that I would rather have. My son's aide is sitting next to me using her One X. I've tried that phone a few times and it's nice but I still would rather have my Rezound. And the funny thing is I'm the reason she has that phone. When she started with us she had an iPhone 3. I showed her everything that my Rezound could do that her iPhone couldn't. So she asked me which phone should she get. Since she's on AT&T I told her the One X.

That's impressive battery life! Mine doesn't come close to that.

OP
M

msuperbauer

Reaction score
Well my 48 hour review of the phone is great! The look and feel of the phone is fantastic. Feels way smaller than my Tbolt, lighter too. Fast, smooth and so far somgood! I was also I'm
Rested with the battery life. I went from 6am to 5ish sitting at a vendor booth at the fair with what I consider heavy use. I just have a few questions. First is therer any "ap" for beats audio or is it all built into the media player? Second. I'm not looking to root this phone, what is my best free wifi tether? Why is there such a shortage of cases for this phone? It seems annoying this phone is so overlooked. Lastly, if i wanted to change the signal bars color and 4g and such up top on the phone, can i do it with out rooting? Andmhow can I resize the widgets? Thanks in advance! What a great phone..

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
msuperbauer said:
Well my 48 hour review of the phone is great! The look and feel of the phone is fantastic. Feels way smaller than my Tbolt, lighter too. Fast, smooth and so far somgood! I was also I'm
Rested with the battery life. I went from 6am to 5ish sitting at a vendor booth at the fair with what I consider heavy use. I just have a few questions. First is therer any "ap" for beats audio or is it all built into the media player? Second. I'm not looking to root this phone, what is my best free wifi tether? Why is there such a shortage of cases for this phone? It seems annoying this phone is so overlooked. Lastly, if i wanted to change the signall bars color and 4g and such up top on the phone, can i do it with out rooting? Andmhow can I resize the widgets? Thanks in advance! What a great phone..

That's great to hear. The beats works with headphones only not the speaker and it is preinstalled. There is an option to turn it off if you want. That's in the music player. Yes there aren't many cases but they are out there. I use the VZ hard belt clip case because I have the extended battery. There is a wired tether that works but the name escapes me at the moment however Foxfi does not work with the Rezound. As far as changing the icons in your status bar you can't do it on a stock phone and you can't resize the stock widgets either. I hope this helps to answer your questions.