Deciding between Nexus and Rezound

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
4. Rezound comes with 16MB internal memory and 16 MB microSD card. If you need more memory, you can use up to 32MB in the microSD slot for a total of 48MB. The Nexus has no card slot, so your are limited to 16 GB internal storage.

Nope, correction: The current Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus has 32GB of internal storage. I believe at some point they're dropping that for (or maybe offering in addition to) 16GB models in silver and white. Ultimately, yes, the Nexus is 'stuck' at 32GB (and LATER potentially 16GB), which is less than the potential storage capacity of the Rezound, so I'll give you that one, lol.

The nice thing about internal storage, though, is that 1) it's usually faster and 2) you don't have to fart around mounting the SD card as storage. The Nexus just mounts it (and charges at the same time) automatically to your computer as a media device, and you can use the files on your phone as soon as you transfer them without having to unmount the storage from your computer. This was a big deal for me, since I seem to transfer files a lot.

Also, it's GB not MB. A phone with 16MB would be totally useless.

Just wanted to make sure the correct facts were given.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google screwed the pooch by having their 4.0 I C S phone be build by Samsung, they should have stuck with HTC as they did with their first google phone, looks like $ was the issue here, but Samsung went half ass on the hardware side thinking cause the phone has I C S it would be a winner, unfortunately its hardware is crap, and so is Samsung build quality.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
That's funny, I've always thought the exact same with HTC's hardware/build quality. It is simply an opinion.

Indeed. Some people need to have the best of the best even if they won't really notice a difference in performance. Unfortunately, if you wait another few months, an even better spec'ed phone will come out and you'll get gadget envy.

I've never owned a Samsung before, so we'll see how I like it. The screen is gorgeous, and I like the oil-proof coating on it. Find that my finger prints don't stick as much. I did put a screen protector on it, but got a rigid one that also has the oil-proof coating on it so it's basically invisible and has the same benefit. I just wish it had Gorilla glass on it as I've had good luck with it on my D1 and Thunderbolt. I also hope they make the casing available for purchase in case the plastic casing gets cracked. My Thunderbolt got cracked and I replaced the casing myself for $60.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's funny, I've always thought the exact same with HTC's hardware/build quality. It is simply an opinion.

I know my previous Incredible lasted me two years and the phone still works and looks like new, now my brother is using it and loves it, all I hear is nothing but issues with Samsung phones, the Nexus forum is filled by them, and not including the boat loads of people who have returned it. A crappy 5 megapixel camera on your flagship phone, really pathetic.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I know my previous Incredible lasted me two years and the phone still works and looks like new, now my brother is using it and loves it, all I hear is nothing but issues with Samsung phones, the Nexus forum is filled by them, and not including the boat loads of people who have returned it. A crappy 5 megapixel camera on your flagship phone, really pathetic.

And I know I've got a Droid Incredible in my drawer that has a completely shattered screen. My father's Eris is the same way, sitting in a drawer with a shattered screen. I don't mind the camera on my Nexus at all and I've had zero issues with anything. Stock Android is what I prefer. If you prefer sense that's fine, but having stock Android takes priority to me. Its ALL OPINION.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna be nice and let this all go...but just be aware that if this thread degrades much further it's getting scrubbed.

Play nice kiddies!!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Hmm, I wonder if the Nexus/Rezound/Razr bickering will continue after the new wave of phones hits? If not, boy I sure will miss it! ;)

jcardona1

Reaction score
Please spare me, I own over ten grand of professional camera equipment, I am a semi pro photographer, please dont try to educate me on photography.

So then why bring up the megapixel argument? Just curious. All else equal, if the Nexus came with an 8mp camera it would be just as bad, if not worse than its current 5mp shooter. I'd actually choose less megapixels, given the same camera quality. Rezound for example. Keep the camera exactly the same, except make it 5mp. I think that would make it even better. Less noticeable noise/grain. I think the only reason phone manufacturers are using 8mp+ cameras is for marketing purposes, because the clueless consumers and tech blogs demand it. If they don't, it gets viewed as a 'con'.

But in the case of the Nexus, that was just a lose-lose. 5mp camera so it got viewed as a negative by the general public, and a piss-poor camera that got ripped to shreds once customers got their hands on it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
So then why bring up the megapixel argument? Just curious. All else equal, if the Nexus came with an 8mp camera it would be just as bad, if not worse than its current 5mp shooter. I'd actually choose less megapixels, given the same camera quality. Rezound for example. Keep the camera exactly the same, except make it 5mp. I think that would make it even better. Less noticeable noise/grain. I think the only reason phone manufacturers are using 8mp+ cameras is for marketing purposes, because the clueless consumers and tech blogs demand it. If they don't, it gets viewed as a 'con'.

But in the case of the Nexus, that was just a lose-lose. 5mp camera so it got viewed as a negative by the general public, and a piss-poor camera that got ripped to shreds once customers got their hands on it.

Yep, with the Nexus cam, outside on a bright sunny day and you are fine. Any low light type situation and just forget it!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a Rezound, had a G Nex.

In certain areas of the actual phone features...it was almost a wash. I had my 1st Rezound stolen...was on the verge of taking it back to exchange the phone and/or sim card. So I wont comment too much on why I think they are a wash in certain areas until I see if this phone and sim card make things better.

Screens...I liked the G Nex for colors, blacks, viewing angles and outdoor viewing. The Rezound does have a nice screen for sharpness. Rezound was whiter and brighter too. But its too reflective to me. Its almost like a mirror with light, sun. You can see this by tilting it in front of or laying it down on the desk in front of a PC screen. You can actually see it by looking at it with the screen off. Its a mirror...lol. I like the pop from Amoled screens for colors. The Rezound has more accurate colors which is nice too to some ppl.

Cant speak too much on battery life comparisons. But the Rezound is decent for an LTE phone with a big screen running at 1.5Ghz. I believe out the box the Rezound might be better with battery life overall than the G Nex.

Custom ROMs goes to the G Nex...no brainer...lol. I didnt run any...but anyone can see the activity in G Nex ROM sections. Although...Sense UI on top of ICS might be as nice or nicer to some ppl running ICS ROMs on a Rezound.

Camera I give to the Rezound. G Nex was nice...but it took too much for you to do to take a decent pic.

I like the look of the G Nex more than the Rezound. Both feel good holding in your hand to me.

Notification lights...I might give this to the G Nex. Its bigger on the G Nex..I think its a lil tiny on the Rezound. The G Nex light, I really dont like tho. Kinda hard to explain....Its like it builds up to the brightest point then goes back down. The Rezound is at its brightest the entire time. Its just too small to me.

Rezound speaker is probably louder or just sounds better. G Nex's is nice tho. It has too many soft sounding ringtones, notifications to me.

Sense UI vs. stock ICS...Sense UI is a lil too busy to me. Too much going on. Has alot of features and eye candy tho. Like how the pull down shade and lock screen is on Sense UI.

jstew23

Reaction score
HTC Rzound

I currently have the HTC Rezound and would not trade it for any other phone. I have been avoiding Android devices because they used to no be that good :/ everyone i knew who had one always had complaints. I hate the iPhone. plain and simple. so i was stuck using a blackberry, and lets just say that was quite a terrible experience! when the rezound came out, the thing that got me looking at it was the beats audio. i am a big music listener so this was a huge plus. and they really did well with it, it can make even country songs sound like something you would be bumping to in a Cadillac. the speed of the phone data wise is just awesome compared to others out. just look at reviews where the guys are saying that it is getting the highest they have ever recorded. the screen, while not super amo..is in my opinion better because i feel like the amo has an almost cartoon look to it. the camera is simple amazing. i do like the sense overlay on android compared to other phones i was looking at, so i dont even have a custom launcher downloaded. and nobody has even mentioned how the screen can barrel roll. now to some that isnt cool, but i like being able to scroll through without getting to one end and then having to go page by page to the other. this is even more useful if you have many apps. i know people with other top phones like the razr and nexus, and they have a lot of complaints about service and varrying things, this is something i have never had on the rezound. I can't find one complaint other than the battery life. which, i got the extended battery so it isnt terrible. i can understand it being bad with 4g lte (which i have turned off unless i need it, great option by the way) and the huge screen and everything the phone does. i have heard the ICS update will improve the radio tho giving it better battery, which would be great. So i would fully recommend this phone to anybody looking for a device cuz this one is simply amazing.

flamewalker

Reaction score
I have had my Rezound for a couple days now. Feeling brave, I loaded the leaked ICS from HTC. Everything looks and behaves essentially the same (It's still Sense afterall). But it is fast! I had spent days comparing the Nexus and the Rezound... and finally settled on the Rezound. Then it went on sale for $50. WIN!

At any rate, in my couple days of use, as an upgrade from a D1, I am blown away. It never lags. Apps open quickly, scrolling is smooth, text is crystal clear. The screen is absolutely amazing. I think it bests the iPhone in pixel density by a couple pixels IIRC... or at least comes close (I can't remember which exactly at the moment). The camera is respectable. It is probably not too far off from my $300 point and shoot camera I bought about 6-8 years ago (and it was a good one at the time).

Stock battery is respectable. I use wireless at work and home. I use widgets to disable mobile data and bluetooth when at work or home, and use mobile data and bluetooth when on the road. I leave the 4g off as the 4g at my office is spotty at best, so it just stays off almost all the time. I haven't really put it through its paces on a heavy usage day yet, but so far I'm not complaining.

The hardware build so far feels solid. It's not a heavy phone, or thick. It is bigger than I'm used to (from D1), but it feels perfect in my hands. It doesn't feel cheap or clumsy at all. It has some nice grip patterns on the back, which is nice. The screen is really sensitive though. And that's not necessarily bad... just more than I'm used to. I swear it can tell my finger is going to touch even before it does!

The only thing I miss from my rooted D1 at this point is the battery meter on the lockscreen. Everything else pretty much just works. I have had to figure out how to tweak a couple settings that are in different places than the standard Gingerbread experience, but overall, the stock Rezound experience has been extremely pleasant.

Of course I can't compare it to the Nexus from use, but from all the threads and articles I read, I am happy I chose the Rezound. Sure, if you want to wait for the official final ICS build, you will have to wait a little longer, but the UI is essentially the same anyways, so you aren't missing much except maybe some performance boost.