HTC Rezound: Developer Friendly?

markwebb

Reaction score
Ok, now that the Rezound has been released and seems to be garnering great reviews as well as being unlocked with S-off,

how will the developer community embrace this phone? How often does HTC push updates?

I am due for a new phone Thanksgiving, coming from the OG Droid and am thrilled I will have choices among the MOTO RAZR, HTC Rezound and hopefully the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

The Rezound sounds like a dream developer phone along with the Samsung Nexus. Or, does HTC Sense present a challenge?

Again, just inquiring to see which path presents the most promising development.

Last edited:

androidgeek

Reaction score
This is my 3rd day with this phone. All around smooth and well built device. NO S-off and NO Root yet. If you do purchase the Rezound you'll have until January something to return it. I called *611 and confirmed with the rep that was in fact the case. It's only been out 4 days so we'll see how it plays out. If there is no S-off soon mine is going back in the box. I'm coming from the Droid X and I do not ever want another locked down device. It should see ICS at some point, the specs are all there except NFC support and it's new enough I think. I have zero complaints so far. It is truly a sweet phone. The screen is amazing and it is absolutely the best phone at Verizon right now. I didn't like the Razr, it's big, it's ugly, and it has blur. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Sharrock

Reaction score
I thought the bootloader was locked but not encrypted? It's only a matter of time before a real root and unlocked bootloader is available from what I've read so far. Hopefully its soon.

I read the review of the SGN, and it seems that the only real pro is having ICS from the start. The camera isn't as good as the Rezound's, and the speaker quality for notifications and music isn't impressive according to Verge's review. If ICS at launch is the only advantage the SGN has over the Rezound, then make your purchase of the Rezound with confidence.

azndan2

Reaction score
Be very skeptical... I wouldn't buy the Rezound until I have proof of S-Off. It took months for the Droid Incredible 2 to get S-Off and by the time that happened most developers had already skipped the Dinc 2.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
the bionic has a locked bootloader and dev's are going crazy over it. The community will go where the demand is *shrug*. I just hope this phone is one of them, because I can't wait any longer on moto to ATTEMPT to fix the data issues :)

(Not that a 1.5GHZ Dual core phone with a gig of ram really needs perm root and kernel access but it sure would be nice to delete sense!) LOL

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Maybe I can get a revert back to og program. Lol... I'm seriously missing the ease and non nonsense of my Droid 1. Not that I don't appreciate the new stuff, but I get really confused at times because it does so much.

I've never rooted before, but would seriously think about it for this phone.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums.