The truth about the htc rezound

OP
djmwilliams1

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
Thanks Heathe1 for confirming my original world phone post. Never heard back from engadget nor android central when I asked them to confirm it.

Also, The Thunderbolt is not an identical twin nor world phone. The Thunderbolt doesn't have the radios the Rezound has. That's one of the reasons I switched from the Tbolt to the Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using droidForums

soccerdude77

Reaction score
Thank you djmwilliams1 for answering the question on the world phone radios for the Thundervolt vs Rezound. I was leaning towards buying the rezound and I currently own a thunderbolt. How do you like the rezound compared to the thunderbolt?

OP
djmwilliams1

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
When I bought the Rezound I held onto my Tbolt because I wasn't sure I was going to like the Rezound. After I got the phone all setup how I like i.e. Launcher pro, all my apps, 32g we card from the Tbolt. The speed, camera (stills and HD video), the audio, the screen clarity, Plus the fact that you can talk and web in 3g mode just like the Tbolt all just won me over. I sold my Tbolt back to Verizon the following week. Have not missed it at all.

The Rezound is what Tbolt should have been, becaue the Rezound truley lives up to the name Thunderbolt. Go ahead make the switch and pay the money, it's $50 less now than when I bought it . You won't be sorry.

Oh yeah, don't leave you sd card in your Tbolt when if you sell it back to them.

Sent from Houston Rezound.

Simon_y7

Reaction score
By any chance, does anybody have a non-US SIM to put in and see if it works? Also for those who were able to connect with a T-Mobile SIM, at what frequency did Rezound connect?

heathe1

Reaction score
Try the following APN settings
Name: ATT WAP
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
Username:not set
Password:not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
mms port - 80
mcc 310
mnc 410
authentication type - none
apn type- internet + mms

I tried this yesterday...sorta. When I put his SIM card in my Rezound, the ATT WAP settings are already in there, I tried rebooting several times, and all I could get was voice/text service over EDGE, but no data.

Anything else to try?

pat3332

Reaction score
Thank you djmwilliams1 for answering the question on the world phone radios for the Thundervolt vs Rezound. I was leaning towards buying the rezound and I currently own a thunderbolt. How do you like the rezound compared to the thunderbolt?

No comparison. I need to tether to my laptop at work and my Bolt kept getting worse until all I could get was 3G occasionally and 1x. I work three, 12 hour shifts a week and since getting the Rezound, I've been connected to 4G continually for the 36 hours a week I work with only occasional drops to 3G. No turning Airplane mode on/off, turning Network connection off/on, or restarting the phone to get the connection back for 15 minutes. The GPS is outstanding. It locks on quickly and locates me within 25 to 50 feet instead of 1 to 2 miles.

Great phone. Get it while the price is down.

Simon_y7

Reaction score
That's all I got. Thanks. Guess we'll have to hope the Rezound is on Verizons list of phones getting the global update as has been speculated due to this article.

Verizon's New LTE Phones Have Hidden Global Roaming (Phone Scoop)

One of the early Rezound specs sheets stated that it was a global phone ("Global: Y.") Subsequent sheets had a blank next to "Global." When Rezound was first introduced in NYC and before it became available for sale, I remember emailing several people at HTC and Verizon and asked to clarify if it was a global phone or wasn't. One of the replies was "not yet." I took that as somebody not having any idea what they're talking about. But now, in fact, it matches perfectly with new Verizon quote. Go figure.

OP
djmwilliams1

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
Well it looks like the secret is out, many articles now being written about the hidden global radios in this great Rezound. I have not received any credit for starting the investigations into this, although, I submitted my original question about the radios I wrote on this forum to some of the reporting agencies like Engadget, Android Central and Phone Scoop, just to name a few. That's o.k. though! I just wanted it looked into. But it would have been nice for them to give a little acknowledgement. Anyway I love my Rezound more than ever. I just hope the Quad Cores won't still my love.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
They probably didn't mention you for your own protection lol.

nadav64

Reaction score
Wow what a waste of a thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums