Questions to Rezound Owners

MightyT01

Reaction score
Just played with the Rezound today at the VZW store and I must say I am very impressed. It is now my second choice over the GNex. The RAZR is just too damn wide for my small hands and too thin. Compared to my OG Droid, the Rezound felt like I was at home holding it and navigating through it one handed. I was very surprised at how much I liked it. I have a few questions to current Rezound owners.

1. If you switched from a Razr, how does the Rezound compare, especially when using the phone one-handed?

2. Can you replace the Sense UI 3.5 with a more plain launcher like Launcher Pro, ADW or Gingerbread UI, without rooting?

3. Have you experienced any lags or lockups navigating?

4. I was really impressed with the camera in store, how does it perform in real life?

If the GNex turns out to be too big for me then the Rezound is my fallback option. Definitely do not like the Razr, simply because it's too wide and thin for comfortable one-handed use for anyone with small hands. Great specs but poor design. I actually prefer the Bionic over the Razr just for that reason.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
There aren't any roms yet so you are stuck with sense for now. They are working on root right now. I have done alot of stuff with it Nd have had no lockups.
From my Rockin Rezound

fobpartisan

Reaction score
If you instal Launcher pro does that replace sence? I really cant stand the way sence works. Just want a good phone with launcher pro on it.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I can only address questions 3 and 4:

3: No lockups at all, very smooth, very fast!

4: The camera is amazing! It takes better photos than my Canon stand-alone camera! The panorama mode is really cool!

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
Searched youtube last night and there was an option in your app settings for sense to basically disable it. Although the video was a year old. Next time I'm in the VZW store I'll check it out, unless a current rezound owner wants to try. You can easily restore Sense. It appears to be done in a way similar to launcher pro, which is what I use.

I think the Rezound is quite the sleeper hit with all the hype of the GNex and Razr. Very nice phone and amazing HD screen.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Haven't used it for Nav yet but I have already done as I do with all my phones... installed Go Launcher and all is well. Sense isn't bad I just like Go because I can create a JUNK folder to put all the bloatware crap into and clean up my icons.

markwebb

Reaction score
I am hearing reports Flash doesn't play well and it was a carryover from other HTC devices. I saw a video online somewhere (PhoneDog or one of those kind of sites) whose site had some Flash embedded and Flash wouldn't play.

Is this true?

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I just hit a few flash test pages and saw no issues.

I even went to Phonedog.com and played several videos no problem.

I will say that for a phone site, they don't even bother checking it your coming in on a mobile connection and load the full web page which is slow as hell.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Searched youtube last night and there was an option in your app settings for sense to basically disable it. Although the video was a year old. Next time I'm in the VZW store I'll check it out, unless a current rezound owner wants to try. You can easily restore Sense. It appears to be done in a way similar to launcher pro, which is what I use.

I think the Rezound is quite the sleeper hit with all the hype of the GNex and Razr. Very nice phone and amazing HD screen.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

can you link that? I doubt that will be there on the Rezound

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
can you link that? I doubt that will be there on the Rezound

Here's a link. It's not the same vid I saw but it shows the exact same way to do it. I had to do this to go from stock Froyo launcher to launcher pro. Pretty easy, unless you forget how to do it. I'm not sure if this can still be done with Sense 3.5, that's why I asked the question.

[video=youtube;15WFV7wAkDw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15WFV7wAkDw[/video]

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
Haven't used it for Nav yet but I have already done as I do with all my phones... installed Go Launcher and all is well. Sense isn't bad I just like Go because I can create a JUNK folder to put all the bloatware crap into and clean up my icons.

Good to hear. During my lunch break I went to the VZW store to try disabling HTC Sense in the manage app settings, similar to the video above. I couldn't get it to work or give me the choice to use stock Gingerbread launcher. I ran out of time to really play with it, so if Go Launcher successfully worked this may work for me and launcher pro. I like a very streamlined minimalist launcher and UI. Checked out the videos it came with and damn, that HD screen is nice.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Here's a link. It's not the same vid I saw but it shows the exact same way to do it. I had to do this to go from stock Froyo launcher to launcher pro. Pretty easy, unless you forget how to do it. I'm not sure if this can still be done with Sense 3.5, that's why I asked the question.

[video=youtube;15WFV7wAkDw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15WFV7wAkDw[/video]

I just tried it, it didn't work for me. I never got the dialog box asking which launcher I wanted to use, it simply restarted Sense.