Just traded my Nexus For the Rezound

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I came from the OG Droid and never had an HTC phone. I thought Sense would slow it down but it runs smoother than the Nexus. IMO. I'm starting to like Sense. They put a lot of thought into it and it looks great.

People like widgets - one of the main reasons to choose Android over IOS. I don't blame Google for not putting more effort into some of their widgets in the stock rom, but at least HTC steps-up to fill the void. The problem with 3rd party widgets is Google locks-down some of its API's so tight (exchange/email, and now Gmail among others) that you have to hack (which is becoming increasingly harder with the higher security) to be able to have 3rd party widgets access.

I mean, IMO Pure Messenger widget is the best app out there. It gives you a truly combined inbox for ALL messages (calls, 3 gmail and 3 exchange accounts, SMS and facebook and twitter if you choose) - ALL your messages on 1 screen with a nice, scrollable widget. But doesn't work on ICS unless you mod the Gmail and Email apk's to turn down the security (and not easy to do for novices like myself).

hydro556

Reaction score
My biggest issue with the nexus is the signal reception. When you compare the gnexus to rezound on a speed test the nexus is actually doing better. BUT the peoblem is that is if the galaxy nexus is able stay on lte. I would rather be a slight but slower in numbers and atleast be consistent rather than having off the chart numbers but fading in and out with reception. I am waiting of the ota but if the ota does not fix the reception or if it does not get here by time my 15 days are up I will have no choice but to exchange it.

I can understand, but I am going to stick it out until the end (Jan 15) and really hope I get a commitment that they will address it. There is a lot I really like about the Nexus, and really prefer to stick with it. If they are going to address it.

Being a Nexus, I like the idea of staying supported from the mfg. I also really love the screen, ICS and freshness of the phone. A ton of upside I am hesitant to give up.

I guess we will see soon enough.

KOBALT

Reaction score
I told VZW I don't need Ice Cream Sandwich cuz I got Butter Pecan running on my Rezound. :D

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
I can understand, but I am going to stick it out until the end (Jan 15) and really hope I get a commitment that they will address it. There is a lot I really like about the Nexus, and really prefer to stick with it. If they are going to address it.

Being a Nexus, I like the idea of staying supported from the mfg. I also really love the screen, ICS and freshness of the phone. A ton of upside I am hesitant to give up.

I felt the exact same as you did and was hesitant to give up my Nexus. However, I realized that if the problems stem from a hardware issue, it will never be admitted. They would have to recall the phone and it would cost millions to replace them. They will say its software, whether it's a hardware issue or not and nobody will ever know the truth. If they issue a statement on Monday saying it's a software issue and say they will fix it, can you really trust them?

jessemhess

Reaction score
Got one too ............... wife got Gnex and I got Rezound .............. my battery sux .............. the bloatware sux ............... other than that I like it better than her Gnex ............. got a Otter Defender for it that will be going back .............. way too huge ............ still searching for a good case and an extended battery and then I am set

I got the Otter Box Commuter.. Not to big and great protection.. I love the Rezound. There are several ROM's for it on that "other" forum. They are also currently working on a fully themed ICS ROM.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I felt the exact same as you did and was hesitant to give up my Nexus. However, I realized that if the problems stem from a hardware issue, it will never be admitted. They would have to recall the phone and it would cost millions to replace them. They will say its software, whether it's a hardware issue or not and nobody will ever know the truth. If they issue a statement on Monday saying it's a software issue and say they will fix it, can you really trust them?

yeah its tough right now for nexus users having reception issues. The nexus is every bit of the phone we been waiting for ....but we cant take full advantage of the device because it just ...man its getting frustrating installing rom after rom hoping something good happens. :frown: I know this. The rezound is unlocked and its a matter of time before it gets a ics import. So I am sitting here debating hard. And Monday may be the deciding day for me.

BlairAllenVT

Reaction score
I, too, jumped from the Galaxy Nexus to the Rezound. I was getting my Galaxy Nexus replaced because of the grainy/messed up screen with low brightness issue, and some VZW store guys started asking me why I was going with the Nexus. We talked for about 20-30 minutes about all the plusses and minuses, and luckily they informed me about all the hardware differences. After having the Rezound for 4 days now, I like it a lot. And for having to agree to a 2-year contract on these expensive pieces of hardware, I feel like the Rezound is better poised to last those 2 years because of the superior CPU, display and camera. The slightly smaller screen is also a plus for me because I have short, fat fingers, and using the Galaxy Nexus with one hand was sometimes awkward. The slightly smaller battery is something I can easily dismiss because I am almost always near chargers. The last negative issue about the Rezound was HTC's Sense UI, but after these past 4 days, I'm not actually as much of a hater of it as I used to be. I'm still running completely stock, so I'm dying to get rid of all the bloatware from VZW. Hopefully an ICS port is just a few days away for the Rezound!!

Sorry for the long response, but for anyone weighing Galaxy Nexus vs. Rezound, I highly recommend that you find a store where you can play with both of them!! Hope you end up with a choice that makes you as happy as I am!

Reaction score
like the rezound too. if i were to trade in my nexus, this would be the one i would get. however, i like my nexus best DancingNexus

on another note, those otterbox cases are ridiculously huge.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I made the trade for the Rezound. Screen and colors are definitely brighter and more vivid. Now I just need to figure out why the capacitative buttons are so dark in normal room light. I'm sure it's something that can be tweaked with an app or, eventually, a rom as it's just the auto-detect brightness settings. Ultimately you don't need to see them once you learn where they are and which is which.

kimintenn

Reaction score
I'm going to make the jump from Nexus to Rezound on Monday... for those of you that made the trade, how did you do it? Did they give you any trouble or is it pretty easy? Also, did you have to pay the restocking fee? They told me that when I return mine, that since it is defective I won't have to pay the resteocking fee.

twildman

Reaction score
Just did the trade from nexus today and it was not a problem at all. So far I like it better.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

CdzNutz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 2
Just got rid of my Nexus also. Thank's for all the posts and good advice. This phone is over twice as fast on downloads and now I've got 4G again. Three bars at work all day where the Gnex had none most of the time. Watched the whole playoff game thru Slingbox tethered to my laptop ...no hiccups. This thing is flawless. Sooooo much happier now.

CdzNutz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 2
P.S. now my wife wants to trade her Gnex in for a Razr

jcardona1

Reaction score
Add me to the list also! Wanted to love my Nexus, I really did. But the battery and signal issues were unbearable. Got the Rezound and haven't looked back. I freaking love this phone, especially its amazing camera.

The only thing the Nexus has is the unlocked bootloader and ICS. Aside from that, the Rezound is superior in every way. And no i don't care about benchmarks and other silly tests. I care about real world usability :)