Are signal issues a problem with the Rezound (like the Gnex)?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My friends Rezound gets prefect reception in areas that are pretty spotty down here usually.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
I suggest anyone who has a gnex or is thinking about getting this phone to read the post in gnex forum on verizons reasons for not giving a replacement&update timeframe. This put the last nail in the gnex coffin for me. My gnex will be going back today. I posted this here because I have both rezound& gnex.

jphillips63

Reaction score
I was the first one at my Verizon store to purchase the GN and the first to return it as well. As bad as I wanted to keep the GN I couldn't deal with no data access and Verizon was no help. So I took it back for the Rezound and I believe this is the best phone I've ever owned. I get 4g in areas I never had before with my charge and I'm loving the UI of this phone as well.

sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I just don't understand this fanboy response to the gnex. The Rezound is such an awesome phone it should be leading vzw into the new year!

From my Rockin Rezound

Mondingo

Reaction score
I have had my REZOUND for a month now, and never had any data issues. The transitions from 3g to 4g and back have been flawless. I love this phone. Glad I did not wait for the Nexus.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Kenyon1

Reaction score
I only had a reboot problem but they switched phones right there at the store.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

JeffDenver

Reaction score
As you guys probably know, many of us with the Galaxy Nexus have been plagued with signal issues etc. I'm considering trading my Gnex for a Rezound because I need a phone that is dependable. With my original Droid I never had a single signal issue and it's everyday with my Gnex. I've even have dropped calls and poor phone connection with my Gnex that I never had before with my original Droid.

A friend of mine has the Rezound and he loves it and never has network connectivity issues or problems with calls etc. Are you guys hearing many complaints about poor call quality or signal issues with the Rezound or has it been pretty solid?

It's possible that I got a bad phone, but I only have one chance at trading it in and I don't want to risk getting another Gnex with the same issues.
This phone has the best signal of any phone I have ever used. I would say it is one of its best features actually. They should advertise it as a selling point.

Not just the voice and data, but the GPS is incredible too.

pat3332

Reaction score
That's also my experience. I've been running my TBolt and Rezound side by side, tethered to my laptop for 5 days. I'm in an extended coverage area and my 4G signals on both are -120 to -125 dBms. The Tbolt acts like it's asleep, but the Rezound has kept a steady 4G connection, only occasionally dropping to 3G, then back to 4G again without having to jump through any hoops to do it. The same poor signal readings, but completely different results.

The GPS also amazed me. The Bolt might be close to my location, or show me 1-2 miles away. The Rezound has located me within 25 to 50 feet.

The Rezound's only problem is that it came out at the same time as the GN along with everyone's expectations for it and got overlooked by a lot of people. I'm paying the ETF on the Bolt and getting this phone.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
to echo some others.. the signal is amazing.. 3G to 4G handoff WORKS PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... eh hem.. sorry I get fussy over that one (prior bionic owner) never drops data on me or voice. Also voice/data simultaneously on 3G is nice. You couldn't pay me enough to trade for any other phone on the market right now :).. especially with our newly unlocked bootloaders!

samiusmc

Reaction score
This phone has the best signal of any phone I have ever used. I would say it is one of its best features actually. They should advertise it as a selling point.

Not just the voice and data, but the GPS is incredible too.

You're 100% right. I came to this phone because the GNex had terrible data connectivity and took an eternity locking the GPS. With the Rezound, I'm always on 4G, even in weak 4G areas. My GPS locks within 4 seconds, every time.