Help: Rezound won't dial out even with full signal (can't make calls)

kimintenn

Reaction score
I have been 100% thrilled with my Rezound when it comes to call quality and internet connection so far. (It's worlds better than my debacle with the Nexus) Had a really strange issue this morning and I'm curious if you guys have ever seen it before... I could not make a call. The phone would not even go so far as to hear the other line ringing and get the Verizon error that comes on if you try to make a call with a inactive phone.

It would try to dial (again, no ringing) and then a message would pop up at the bottom of the phone that said, "Call origination attempt fails due to an immediate signal loss (signal fade or no service available)". I tried dozens of calls to different numbers, tried rebooting the phone (not quick reboot) and everything else I knew to do but I still could not make any calls.

The thing that makes this really strange is that I had 4G signal and when I checked the settings the phone was at -79dbm which is good. So, any idea how I could be showing a great signal and not be able to make a call?

I called tech support and they gave me what sounded like a generic answer about resetting some network switch. Told me to reboot my phone and try again. Well, that worked, but I don't know if that was just a fluke and it would have worked anyway or not. I'm really nervous now that this is going to be a recurring issue.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to help section.

Sounds like if what they did worked, then it was the network and not the phone. I doubt it will be a recurring issue, I've never had that happen.

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
Moved to help section.

Sounds like if what they did worked, then it was the network and not the phone. I doubt it will be a recurring issue, I've never had that happen.
I hope you're right!