Deciding between Nexus and Rezound

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydro556

Reaction score
I have had a Samsung Galaxy Nexus since January, and really like it. Especially like Android 4.0 and how smoothly it runs. Like pretty much everything about my Nexus, except the camera. After a few months of daily use, It is a pretty big disappointment, usable, but not up to par with the rest of the phone. I take a lot of pictures at the gun range, etc, and that is important to me.

At any rate, now that the Rezound can be had for $50, I picked one up. My wife has been eligible for an upgrade for about a year, but doesnt care too much about phones. I used her upgrade, and the Rezound came today. I am going to transfer her number to my Nexus than activate the Rezound with my number. Going to try it for a few weeks to get a real good comparison to my Nexus then decide which to keep.

The camera on the Rezound is better, and I want to see how much.

I know the Galaxy is bloat free, and the Rezound is not, but I am not sure how much this really slows the Rezound down in practical terms, but I will be paying attention.

Also, prior to January I had an HTC Incredible for a long time and that was an awesome device. Still going strong for my 8 and 10 year old daughters as a game and music player. So, I already have an affinity for the HTC line, hopefully the rezound will continue that.

Just thought I would throw this out so you guys could point to the best parts of the SGN as compared to the Rezound. I really like my SGN, but am very much looking forward to doing an unbiased (since I have both devices, there wont be the question of someone promoting something they just committed to for 2 years) comparison over the next few weeks.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Rezound's camera blows any other cell phone camera away imo (at least the ones at Verizon). If that's an important factor for you then you can't really go wrong with the Rezound.

I haven't used the Rezound extensively, but it's a great device in the 2-3hrs I managed to get one in my hands (not mine of course). Was fast, well built, and didn't feel cheap like my older Incredible did. Fits nice in the hand, excellent screen, and the camera has no comparison (from my experience at least). If I didn't like the Nexus so much I would've definitely upgraded to the Rezound. However, after having my Nexus for a good 2 months and then using my friend's Rezound for a bit, it felt old. Sure it was snappy, but GB didn't cut it for me anymore. If you can get over that (which I know I can't), then make the switch. There's also an ICS rom out for it and I've heard a couple members are quite happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.