Screen comparison between the RAZR, Rezound, and Galaxy Nexus.

bluefire7002

Reaction score
out of curiosity (and even though its not on the list) whats the screen ppi on the Samsung Galaxy 2?

prowler85

Reaction score
I'd suggest the Rezound over the Nexus. The GN will be Pen Tile. Nexus is plastic. REzound is aluminum. 8 mp camera, 1.5 GHz processors, and Beats Audio on Rezound. 342 ppi too. GN gets 5 mp camera, 1.2 MHz processors, 316 ppi, pen tile display.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

But to me it's not JUST about screen quality. Actually, size is more important than quality (so I've heard). Obviously since I have the bionic. But I could care less about the beats audio, I'll be able to o'clock to 1.5 pretty much from the start, and my bionic has an 8 mp camera and it sucks. Yes it's plastic.....love my Moto quality, but I am way careful with my phones and not too worried about it.

I mainly want it due to screen size and quality, and the fact it's a Dev phone. And don't want HTC's skin. Yuck. Had a ton of fun with my OG....screen was just too small.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
If(big if) for what ever reason the G-Nex doesn't cut it or I find something I don't like about it looks like the Vigor is it(yeah I said Vigor, I like that name better). I haven't gone and checked it out yet only because I don't want to leave with one and I want to look at the Vigor and G-Nex side by side.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do some looking into it. The nexus which I will own just to be clear again, is lacking due to the extra screen size thus dropping the ppi, and also has no ability to provide white pixels.

I haven't seen the Nexus in person and most haven't either, so you can't say that. I've seen the Rezound in person and it was awesome. Like I've said, it's a close second for me. First up is the Nexus. The perks of being a Nexus device and the zero-shutter lag are why I choose the Nexus over the Rezound.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do some looking into it. The nexus which I will own just to be clear again, is lacking due to the extra screen size thus dropping the ppi, and also has no ability to provide white pixels.

I know you're getting this phone so don't take this as an attack, but the PPI is still 315, it's going to be nearly impossible to see individual pixels. The extra screen size is a plus to me personally, the PPI difference will be negligible and having the extra real estate when watching movies/videos/images/sites is worth the loss of 30 PPI that the Rezound has. The colors (according to early adopters) also seem to be better on the Nexus. I think those things easily out weigh the loss of PPI.

9wire

Reaction score
I go look at the new phones, I've never looked at one lately and thought I was looking through a screen door. The colors seem to pop more on some phones, but I think it's just subjective. If I don't like your phone, I'm not changing my mind after you tell me about the ppi.
I happen to be pretty happy with the screen on my x, but really liked the SGS2.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

alucard9114

Reaction score

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would rather own a RAZR or Nexus than an HTC thick poor battery Rezound. In fact you can smear some feces on the RAZR and Nexus and I'd still pick them over an HTC. Sense is HORRIBLE.

The 1620 battery it comes with is terrible and the size is the same as the Bionic WITH the 2750 extended battery.

Yeah the screen is a little better. But no way it's worth lugging that thing around.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Rezound's battery life has actually been fairly good, strangely enough.

I thought it felt quite good in hand, I liked the feel a lot better than the Razr which was honestly too thin for comfort.

tc1

Reaction score
I seriously would look for build quality and reception over things like an HD screen.

How much HD detail can u actually see on a screen less than 5 inches?

Not to mention it must take more CPU power,battery, and ram to push the extra pixels.

And things like movies in HD, sounds good in theory, but that's a massive amount of data if you are streaming. Or storage.

HD screens on a tiny screen don't really appeal to me too much.

The whole screen thing got blown way out of proportion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
from that article the rezound display looks crisper than even the nexus. However...that would not sway my decision on the phone. I would take the bigger display and features of the nexus over htc. Unless htc comes out with something majorly different....i dont really care to own another one. Im not a fan of senseUI. My personal preference.

dbmcelroy

Reaction score
Screen resolution

Mostly this comes down to personal preference. I thought I was 100% sold on samoled screen and was waiting like everyone else for the Nexus. My family was chomping at the bit to upgrade and tired of the continual delays for the nexus. So, when the rezound became available I jumped on it, with a 30 day exchange policy from lets talk .com I thought the rezound would be a temp, and I would surely exchange it for the nexus. However, after living with the rezound, I am absolutely loving the faast smooth lag free operation, and the screen is GORGEOUS. No not quite the zap of the amoled but spot on accurate natural color and sharp detail. We are keeping the Rezound.
However, a point for everyone to consider that hasn't ben mentioned is that ICS screens are designed for high definition 1280x720 resolution. This even influenced the new font designed for this format.
So this will be the screen resolution that will be the clearest and will not require scaling in ICS.

powerwagon

Reaction score
Wouldn't pick the Rezound just based on the fact the hardware hasn't changed for the past three years...it's a thick, boring phone. Throw Sense and locked bl on top if that and it's a definite no go for me. The fact that it has 30 something more ppi means absolutely nothing to the naked eye. That may be nice to brag about for those less endowed, but in the real world means nothing.

Galaxy Nexus for me!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Ok, so I broke down and went to Verizon to check out the Vigor and the Razr too. I think the Vigor is actually a nice device, Razr not so much. The Vigor was said to be heavy and bulky but I found it was pretty light and felt nice in the hand. One thing that I thought was terrible with the design were the recessed volume rocker and power button. I also read it has terrible battery life too but at least it has a removable battery. Screen looked amazing though. Razr was just a waste of time and I was just so turned off by everything about it. My buddy who works at Verizon says December 8th but this is from internet slices and not directly from Verizon. He also said they had a live demo of the G-Nex and were trained on ICS last week so it's definitely coming this month no doubt about it.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums