Galaxy Nexus; Droid RAZR; Galaxy SII; iPhone 4S - SmackDown Feature Comparison

necric

Reaction score
as much as I like the Kevlar on the RAZR I like NFC so I may have to go with the G Nexus

rwdfan

Reaction score
I really like the use of the desktop and car adapters that Mot provides.

For prior models, has Samsung sold such products? Did they come out in a timely fashion?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone found concrete evidence that nexus will get omap 4460 n not overclocked 4430?
We will know definitively when ifixit tears it down but before that, i dont see a way to confirm without asking a person in the know....No one seemed to ask this question on launch night which had me mad.

fobpartisan

Reaction score
We will know definitively when ifixit tears it down but before that, i dont see a way to confirm without asking a person in the know....No one seemed to ask this question on launch night which had me mad.
Im just wondering how omap 4460 will compare to the processor in the origional galaxy s II. Feel let down that sprint, att and t-mobile has a better galaxy then verizon.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Im just wondering how omap 4460 will compare to the processor in the origional galaxy s II. Feel let down that sprint, att and t-mobile has a better galaxy then verizon.

You're saying existing phones are better than a ghost phone....lol.

I dont understand how people make these absurd claims.

I was getting scared reading peoples comments about how this phone will suck cause its not the right gpu and processor bla bla.

Just let the phone come out first! I'm just hoping the battery can last a day. Gps to lock. I don't care what a benchmark says. I just want the phone to work well.

fobpartisan

Reaction score
You're saying existing phones are better than a ghost phone....lol.

I dont understand how people make these absurd claims.

I was getting scared reading peoples comments about how this phone will suck cause its not the right gpu and processor bla bla.

Just let the phone come out first! I'm just hoping the battery can last a day. Gps to lock. I don't care what a benchmark says. I just want the phone to work well.
I really hope I'm wrong. I'll make my decision if this phone is worth $299 when I have it in my hands. Just dont want this phone having same lag issues as bionic. Browsing sucked with bionic compared to galaxy s II.

alboboy10

Reaction score
If it sucks i'm not getting it either. If Android lets me down...idk.

droidshot®

Reaction score
Well I have the d1 and wanted the bionic bad, mainly because of the way Motorola built it up, but it came out after nine months of push backs.It sucks plus it has way too much wrong with it. You would think after all that time it would be perfect. All they wanted to do was sale a phone and didn't care about the people buying it. So I'm not buying another moto device because I don't support that kind of business! So I'm going for the Samsung but don't know why it only has a 5mgp camera. I know y'all are going to say that megapix doesn't matter but when you take a pix from far off and zoom in to save it. Then you'll see where those other three megapixs comes into play.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
The battery in the Razr should last a lot longer than the battery in the D1. 1800 > 1390

Perhaps, but you've also gotta account for the difference in display technology as well as the 4G vs. 3G radio. Not to mention the 1.2 GHz dual-core processor in the Razr compared to the 550 MHz single-core in the Droid 1. I think it's safe to say that we're going to have to wait and see how they stack up when it comes to battery life.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Hey guys, I would probably side with the droid razr over the galaxy nexus for 4 reasons. 1.) Size matters to me...4.7 inches is waaaay too damn big for my taste, that thing probably will not fit in my jeans pocket all that well without significant difficulty. 2.) Build quality, droid razr with laser-cut kevlar fibers and corning gorilla glass vs. plastic materials on the nexus, no contest there. 3.) Battery life...I know this is an ongoing issue, however I feel that with the nexus, that 1,280 x 720 display will drain the hell out of the system, especially with LTE devices struggling to achieve 12 hours on a stock battery, droid razr will likely be able to best that, however that will require some tinkering with the device and then some. 4.) Camera, 5 MP vs. 8 MP, Samsung seriously couldn't go for the top-of-the-line camera after packing every known feature into the thing (and with galaxy s ii having 8 mp, seems like a no-brainer). Obviously my Droid 1's camera is inferior to a modern 5 MP of today, but I'd rather go straight for the 8 that Bionic and Razr offer. Hopefully I can get my hands on a razr, be an awesome device to have.:hail:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I would probably side with the droid razr over the galaxy nexus for 4 reasons. 1.) Size matters to me...4.7 inches is waaaay too damn big for my taste, that thing probably will not fit in my jeans pocket all that well without significant difficulty. 2.) Build quality, droid razr with laser-cut kevlar fibers and corning gorilla glass vs. plastic materials on the nexus, no contest there. 3.) Battery life...I know this is an ongoing issue, however I feel that with the nexus, that 1,280 x 720 display will drain the hell out of the system, especially with LTE devices struggling to achieve 12 hours on a stock battery, droid razr will likely be able to best that, however that will require some tinkering with the device and then some. 4.) Camera, 5 MP vs. 8 MP, Samsung seriously couldn't go for the top-of-the-line camera after packing every known feature into the thing (and with galaxy s ii having 8 mp, seems like a no-brainer). Obviously my Droid 1's camera is inferior to a modern 5 MP of today, but I'd rather go straight for the 8 that Bionic and Razr offer. Hopefully I can get my hands on a razr, be an awesome device to have.:hail:
They did have to make the device larger than a standard 4.3 phone but they took it out of the bezel... so it will only be single digit mm larger than the average 4.3. the razr is 5.15 x 2.71 x 0.28 (130.7 x 68.9 x 7.1 mm), and the nexus is 5.33 x 2.67 x 0.35 (135.5 x 67.94 x 8.94 mm).... see the difference? not that much... you get more real estate per inch with the nexus. Both devices have gorilla glass....but i do like the metal on moto. Camera is definitely a win for sammy. The mp is is nice but unless your printing posters the extra mp is a gimmick. Did you not see the video that showed all the improvements they made on the camera? The shutter speed is amazing. I haven't seen the razr's but i dout it will be that fast. Sammy really went for the quality camera and not the listed greatest spec. All mp means for us is the zoom. More mp means more zooming in. Im sorry if i sound more one sided but if you get over the sexyness of the razr and actually look the nexus seems to be the winner. But i can say the beauty of android is the fact that you can buy a device more tailored for your needs. If you need a phone thats locked down and uneasily hacked, has bloat which cant be removed unless the hackers spend days meticulously finding ways root, and really the sway factor for me is the slow OEM rollout of updates. Nexus series always gets updated first. i really plan on hacking my device which is kinda more the decider i guess.