Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Motorla Droid RAZR Feature Showdown!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexusrazr-showdown.jpg

Engadget had a cool feature showdown for the just launched Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Motorola Droid RAZR. It gives a head-to-head comparison of some of the biggest features. Perhaps this simple breakdown will help folks with their purchasing decision.

nexusrazr-showdown2.jpg

If you are like me, it just keeps you on the fence. Both these phones look amazing! :(

Source: Engadget

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I might actually get both phones. I was liking what I saw from the Fascinate last year but was still happy with my Droid X1. I think imma get both...lol.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
One advantage, although not sure how much of an advantage it is, is that the RAZR can take a 32gig SD (I wonder if it can someday take a 64gig SD with a software update?). Perhaps an immaterial criteria, but for someone who travels a lot and has a few spare USB sticks, I kind of like the option for additional storage.

Cloud might be nice (but not that cheap, relatively speaking) but I worry about lag on 3G coverage.

32 gigs is a lot, but I can fill that up just with music.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I wonder if that HD FFC will make a difference.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Sarcasm or are you serious? lol isnt the ffc a 1.3mp? thatl hardly show the pores on ones face.

I guess you could take it either way. I just know they said the Razrs FFC can record 720p video.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Where!? I wants to see this, thatl be cool if true.
Advance to 3:10
[video=youtube;rX3c8S8a4Jw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX3c8S8a4Jw[/video]

WOW what a decision to make with my upcoming upgrade!

Do I go Geeky and advanced... or rugged and beastly?

Guess it's time for a toin coss!! LOL

Edit....Crap.... I was watching further in the video

Go to 4:17 in the video and look at what's in the apps main menu on the phone...lots of bloatware.... @#THER****ER.:mad:

Guess it time to check out the sammy .. I really don't know why they do this crap. It does nothing except piss off the customer.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
They really don't define hd though. Do they just have a narrower field of view thus the pixels are all used on the face? I truly dont see a 720 recording from that front facing camera. I'm wrong a lot though. Im more curious about the splash proofness of the device. I really wish Moto made the nexus and gave it a splash proof stuff... Would be amazing.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Video calls are bad enough...do you REALLY want people to see your face in up-close hi-def?

googlelover

Reaction score
^^Because one was made like an indestructible beast and the other is a nerds dream haha
They really don't define hd though. Do they just have a narrower field of view thus the pixels are all used on the face? I truly dont see a 720 recording from that front facing camera. I'm wrong a lot though. Im more curious about the splash proofness of the device. I really wish Moto made the nexus and gave it a splash proof stuff... Would be amazing.
Uhh I thought the ipod touch only had a .7 megapixel camera on its back, but it could still record in HD? Remember megapixels doesn't make the camera, the camera only needs to be able to take 960x720 for it to be HD, and megapixels only bring more pixels into the video, not quality.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^Because one was made like an indestructible beast and the other is a nerds dream haha

Uhh I thought the ipod touch only had a .7 megapixel camera on its back, but it could still record in HD? Remember megapixels doesn't make the camera, the camera only needs to be able to take 960x720 for it to be HD, and megapixels only bring more pixels into the video, not quality.
Haha, im so tired of that quote... yes mega pixels arnt everything and i never said they were but you say it like they are really nothing. o_O while i do believe quality camera equipment is better then Megapixels, megapixels are required in order to have a good camera. Im thinking if it is a 720p recording 1.3mp camera, its only up to a certain distance or something. Their is definitely a trade off for the lower pixels, i guarantee...just got to know what it is. Lower photo resolution id believe...but I'm no camera expert. I haven't exactly researched this topic. I guess instead of sounding like an idiot i should... but im to lazy right now.;)