Leaked Internal VZW Email: Galaxy Nexus Available Dec. 9th & Droid 4 Dec. 8th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus_droid4-dec-8-9.jpg

Here is a follow-up story to one Shadez posted earlier. There was an amazing leak that the folks over at Engadget scored. This internal Verizon email (pictured above) indicates that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the Motorola Droid 4 will be arriving to Verizon stores on December 8th, and according to the source of this leak, the Droid 4 will be available that day, and the Galaxy Nexus will be available the next day, on December 9th. Both of these dates lineup with a slew of rumors that we have been hearing over the past few weeks. This looks pretty solid folks. This Thursday and Friday are going to be busy at Verizon stores.

What's also interesting in this email is the mention of a white Motorola Droid RAZR coming on December 6th. That's the next story we had in line to share with you guys, but we didn't have a date. Looks like we do now. :)

Source: Engadget

Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
i'm so jaded that i still don't believe it will be released on the 9th.

I could take friday off work to go to my local vzw, but won't because i just don't believe...

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
I love how the Droid 4 details says 'replaces the Droid 3' :D

i think moto and vzw seriously could've done better to NOT screw over the D2/3 fans here. the D4 as an effin huge screen compared to it's older siblings. all they had to do was give the same screen on the D3 and 4...keeping the D3 name and maybe calling the D4 = RAZR Touch (or something similar) to differentiate it.

B-Unit

Reaction score
^????? D3 and D4 both have 4 inch screens.

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
^????? D3 and D4 both have 4 inch screens.

sorry...that's what i meant. the D3/D4 enlarged from the size of the D1/2 making the D3/4 nearly too close to differentiate. shutup i've been sick all week! :)

B-Unit

Reaction score
IDK, Im not on board with this 'D3 buyers are getting screwed' train of thought. They bought the phone that was available when they upgraded, just like anyone else. Would I like to get a quad-core ICS phone this upgrade? Absolutely, but since there wont be any available, Ill settle for what I can get, even tho I know that what I really wanted will be available in the next 6 months.

cubuff

Reaction score
No white razr today so who knows how true this is..

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think that's a Verizon internal e-mail as stated since it mentions the EVO 4G phone which is not on Verizon. It's probably something from a retailer which may or may not be accurate.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think that's a Verizon internal e-mail as stated since it mentions the EVO 4G phone which is not on Verizon. It's probably something from a retailer which may or may not be accurate.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. The Evo mention gives it away that it's not an internal VZW e-mail.

B-Unit

Reaction score
*SIGH* Verizon has 2 types of stores, Legacy and Evolution (Evo). They use different poster/display sizes for advertising. The indicated course of action is to replace LTE marketing posters with Nexus posters in Evo stores.