Hardware Feature Spec Comparison Between the Galaxy S III and the Galaxy S IV

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs3-vs-sgs4-feature-comparison-p1.PNG

sgs3-vs-sgs4-feature-comparison-p2.PNG

Here's a handy hardware features comparison between the previous gen SGS3 and the new SGS4.

Source: Engadget

J

JohnDroid

When you compare them side by side like that, it does make me want to upgrade. The screen size and PPI are quite an improvement.

I'm amazed that Apple thinks they have a phone thats big enough when my S3 isn't big enough. Maybe the S4 will be just right.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Still amazes me that they squeezed a bigger screen into a slightly smaller body

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. The total size of the device is slightly smaller, yet the display is now bigger. It seems like magic!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That would definitely be a tempting upgrade for me...but paying retail to keep unlimited is still a bitter pill.

I especially like 64 gig internal w/ 64 gig micro-sd! I like my music, with some room for a video or two. Of course, I'm sure the price of the 64-gig version will be highway robbery. I guess what I'm saying is don't gouge me for 64gigs ram, but maybe give me TWO sd slots instead! :)

Reaction score
At least all spec rumors turned out to be true

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

bobcarso

Reaction score
Get your S3 features right

Wrong info, S3 has external SD support

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wrong info, S3 has external SD support

This was copy and pasted from Engadget, so if it's wrong, then it was their mistake. I just thought it worth sharing the graphic. ;)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow impressive

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow impressive

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
No way I can upgrade without losing my unlimited unless I pay retail? (Verizon)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
No way I can upgrade without losing my unlimited unless I pay retail? (Verizon)

Get a friend or family member that doesn't need an upgrade to do it (haha, my parents will never get a smartphone) and then swap phones.

If you sell your current phone on EBAY you'd make a few bucks. But, heck, I doubt I could get $200 for my unlocked Rezound. If I could, $450(?) more to get the S4 retail? That's only an extra $150 or so.

I've only had my Rezound for about 15 months. Little longer than I was aching to upgrade the OG, but I'm actually still good. Maybe when the S5 comes out I'll think about paying retail...

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Get a friend or family member that doesn't need an upgrade to do it (haha, my parents will never get a smartphone) and then swap phones.

If you sell your current phone on EBAY you'd make a few bucks. But, heck, I doubt I could get $200 for my unlocked Rezound. If I could, $450(?) more to get the S4 retail? That's only an extra $150 or so.

I've only had my Rezound for about 15 months. Little longer than I was aching to upgrade the OG, but I'm actually still good. Maybe when the S5 comes out I'll think about paying retail...

Yeah, the friend/family member won't have much success. I'm still on the family plan with my family since I don't want to lose my unlimited. Hehe. My entire family has the Maxx except for me, D4. Even my mom has a better phone than me. Lol. If only there is a phone that has the Maxx battery, Rezound's camera, and D4's awesome keyboard, I will definitely will go ahead and purchase retail. I'm still waiting if there will a D5, but I just don't know. I'm thinking about selling my D4, but I doubt that i'll fetch good money for it.

xsirxx

Reaction score
Yeah, the friend/family member won't have much success. I'm still on the family plan with my family since I don't want to lose my unlimited. Hehe. My entire family has the Maxx except for me, D4. Even my mom has a better phone than me. Lol. If only there is a phone that has the Maxx battery, Rezound's camera, and D4's awesome keyboard, I will definitely will go ahead and purchase retail. I'm still waiting if there will a D5, but I just don't know. I'm thinking about selling my D4, but I doubt that i'll fetch good money for it.

Thats why I switched over to Sprint and picked up the Photon Q on day 1 :). LOOVVEEEEE this phone! Now if only I could get a S4 with a keyboard.

btw, the photons keyboard feels much nicer than the D4 which my friend has.

EDIT: Sprint has unlimited still fro cheaper and around here I roam on Verizon so im not worried about coverage.