smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
My note 2 is supposed to be here today :D Unfortunately, its at its "Destination sort facility" in the next state over, which is almost 100 miles from where i live. Keeping my fingers crossed, but i just don't see it happening today...

Congrats on the soon to be Note 2 and FedEx is pretty good about meeting delivery times :)...

huskur

Reaction score
Is anyone else greatly impressed with the battery in this thing?! I am getting tremendous battery life.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Battery life has been awesome! No complaints here ;)...

jseah

Reaction score
Unplugged phone yesterday at 6:30 am. Plugged it back in at 1:00. Still had 50% battery left. On my Rezound, the extended battery would not have lasted past 9 pm.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unplugged phone yesterday at 6:30 am. Plugged it back in at 1:00. Still had 50% battery left. On my Rezound, the extended battery would not have lasted past 9 pm.

630 am to 1am? I hate u lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
rumblee1 said:
Lock screen question. Is there a way to change the icons on the lock screen?

Settings> lock screen>lock screen options> tap shortcuts

huskur

Reaction score
630 am to 1am? I hate u lol

Right now I am at 67% left and I have been off the charger for 23hours and 53 minutes and I am using the hell out of this thing. Almost a day.

I went 48 hours on the last charge.

Am I using my phone?? Well I am at 3.6 GB and I have 11 days left of my billing cycle. Yes, I am using it!!!!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right now I am at 67% left and I have been off the charger for 23hours and 53 minutes and I am using the hell out of this thing. Almost a day.

I went 48 hours on the last charge.

Am I using my phone?? Well I am at 3.6 GB and I have 11 days left of my billing cycle. Yes, I am using it!!!!

my goodness.... screen on time?

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Yeah battery life is epic. Mine came off the charger sunday night at 8:45pm. Ran it down to 80% before I went to bed. Woke up and it was 78%. Went all day at work yesterday to lastnight when I went to bed it was at 10%. I had 6hrs and 47mins of on screen time. The battery in this thing is rediculous and it sleeps like no other phone I ever had.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah battery life is epic. Mine came off the charger sunday night at 8:45pm. Ran it down to 80% before I went to bed. Woke up and it was 78%. Went all day at work yesterday to lastnight when I went to bed it was at 10%. I had 6hrs and 47mins of on screen time. The battery in this thing is rediculous and it sleeps like no other phone I ever had.

thats awesome.. i use about that screen time in a day span maybe less but going off of everyone so far... im impressed... usually theres one or two complaints or miserable reviews... i havent seen one yet

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
thats awesome.. i use about that screen time in a day span maybe less but going off of everyone so far... im impressed... usually theres one or two complaints or miserable reviews... i havent seen one yet

Yeah for sure. Havent seen one bad review. I usually use quite a bit to. Just shocked how good the life is. Coming from a Bionic with extended battery I could usually get 4 to 5hrs of screen time and this thing just takes that and demolishes it not to mention faster processor and huge screen. This is the best phone 2012 hands down.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah for sure. Havent seen one bad review. I usually use quite a bit to. Just shocked how good the life is. Coming from a Bionic with extended battery I could usually get 4 to 5hrs of screen time and this thing just takes that and demolishes it not to mention faster processor and huge screen. This is the best phone 2012 hands down.

I am so close to going full retail on this

that's pretty much what I get on my bionic... 5hours screen time w 12-14 hours and thats with killing data when not in use

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I am so close to going full retail on this

I've purchased several phones at full retail over the years. With most of those, after a few days of use, I kind of regret not having waited a little bit so that I could save a couple hundred bucks by buying one slightly used or new from someone who was just looking to make some money off selling their upgrade device. But that hasn't been the case in the slightest with the Note 2. It was worth every penny. I've never been this completely satisfied with a phone.

jseah

Reaction score

I believe a lot has to do with the chip manufacture. From what I understand, the newer chips like the ones in the GSIII and Note II is manufactured using the newer 28 nm process while the older chips like in the Bionic and the Rezound were manufactured using the older process (30-something nm?). Supposedly the new chips have a much lower power consumption. The SIII has a 1650 mAH standard battery and my son can last the entire day on that, and while he doesn't use it when he is in school, when he is out he regularly streams Pandora.