soulpatch

Reaction score

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I didn't reboot, but I will. It seems the first LED takes precedence. There is not a setting for email LED's. I can turn off notifications from the notification bar, and that stops the LED, but then I don't have it in the bar. For now, I am going with this, because the email Icon does have a number next to it, so that can be the notification.

Interesting... I only use Gmail but let me look further maybe something comes up for a fix.. At least you have a semi workaround.. :thumbup:

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

jseah

Reaction score
How long can you suspend a line? And I am sure they are going to still charge for it? Never heard of this trick...I did use an upgrade for another line and transfer it to my line. The line is still active, but that could change. I was just going to eat the early termination fee if they didnt want the line anymore.

Suspending a line really doesn't help much. I don't know if this is still the case, but a few years back, suspending a line would cost you $5 per month. You could suspend a line for up to 6 months at a time, and after the 6 month period, you could renew the suspension for up to another 6 months. You were limited to one extension every calendar year, so depending on the dates, you could theoretical have a line suspended for up to a year and a half. Also, while the line is suspended, time essentially stands still for the line, so the contract does not run, and the 20 months you need to wait for the line to be eligible for upgrade is extended by the length of the suspension. If you sign up for a new line today with the contract ending December 2014, and you suspend the line for 6 months, then the contract is extended six months and doesn't end until June 2015 and the line isn't eligible for an upgrade until February 2015.

goosedeath

Reaction score
It ended up sounding like more of a hassle than just buying the damn thing outright. Taking her home to charge, root and load up w/ apps. Lol

phonegeeks

Reaction score
Where should I buy Unlocked Note 2 from?

I want to buy an unlocked note 2 because I travel abroad a lot and always go around switching sims. Can anyone please recommend some online retailers. It will be great if you can provide some feedback about your shopping experience.

rumblee1

Reaction score
I bought mine by pre-order and it's the greatest. Totally unbelievable. My son got an Iphone and he's having trouble getting a full day out of the battery. Learning something new every day is fun too.

beefchopper

Reaction score
I want to buy an unlocked note 2 because I travel abroad a lot and always go around switching sims. Can anyone please recommend some online retailers. It will be great if you can provide some feedback about your shopping experience.

I don't think you need to buy an international one. If you buy the Verizon version (and I believe at least some of the others) it is unlocked as far as 3G is concerned and that's what you need in most places anyway. There is a thread on using Verizon 4G phones internationally here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/212942-international-travel-razr-maxx.html

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I don't think you need to buy an international one. If you buy the Verizon version (and I believe at least some of the others) it is unlocked as far as 3G is concerned and that's what you need in most places anyway. There is a thread on using Verizon 4G phones internationally here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/212942-international-travel-razr-maxx.html

While it is SIM unlocked, and while it should work without any problems for calls/texts internationally, there is some cause for concern about getting data up and running on a non-rooted Verizon Note 2 with a foreign SIM when out of the U.S. Currently, there's no way to add an APN in order to be able to access a data network on any carrier other than Verizon (or one of Verizon's roaming partners overseas). I tried putting several foreign SIMs in the phone, hoping that the detection of another SIM would enable a menu option to be able to add an APN, but no such luck. The next step is for someone to try to use the phone while out of the U.S. with a foreign SIM and see if the detection of not only the SIM, but also a non-U.S. network, will present an option for adding an APN. Outside of that, it's something that will have to be done with root access.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Lock screen question. Is there a way to change the icons on the lock screen?

beefchopper

Reaction score
While it is SIM unlocked, and while it should work without any problems for calls/texts internationally, there is some cause for concern about getting data up and running on a non-rooted Verizon Note 2 with a foreign SIM when out of the U.S. Currently, there's no way to add an APN in order to be able to access a data network on any carrier other than Verizon (or one of Verizon's roaming partners overseas). I tried putting several foreign SIMs in the phone, hoping that the detection of another SIM would enable a menu option to be able to add an APN, but no such luck. The next step is for someone to try to use the phone while out of the U.S. with a foreign SIM and see if the detection of not only the SIM, but also a non-U.S. network, will present an option for adding an APN. Outside of that, it's something that will have to be done with root access.

That is very distressing to read. Is this something different that Verizon has done with this phone relative to the Razr's? It seems to work on other carriers' versions of the Galaxy Note 2.

beefchopper

Reaction score

Perhaps this will work: Free UNLOCK N7105 - xda-developers

Strife77

Reaction score
My note 2 is supposed to be here today :D Unfortunately, its at its "Destination sort facility" in the next state over, which is almost 100 miles from where i live. Keeping my fingers crossed, but i just don't see it happening today...