Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Wow so I guess this confirms Verizon decided to block (no pun intended) blocking mode. Why does Verizon feel the need to mess with our devices?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

I think they decided to put that backup assistant in it's place.. LOL..

edy7ade7.jpg

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

beefchopper

Reaction score

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great find! Thanks. I wonder how many other things are hidden from their customers? Does Verizon try hard to suck or does it come naturally?

it takes about a month of effort

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

GreystoneHD

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
The Verizon Note 2 has Blocking Mode! It's just hidden. I found it while playing around with Any Cut. Check out the thread I posted for instructions on how to get to access it and turn it on:

Blocking Mode is Present and Working on the Verizon Note!

I tried this on Touchwiz and no custom rom or launcher added. Worked like a charm, no force closing either. Thanks for the find

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Has anyone tried swiftkey? How's it working on the note2?

The latest version of SwiftKey 3 works perfectly on the Note 2. I've been using it since I received my phone.

spydergirl

Reaction score
Has anyone tried swiftkey? How's it working on the note2?

Mine came with a stock version of swiftkey called "smooth-something." Will have to find the name. But I've been using it since I got the phone without any trouble. Is swiftkey better than the stock version?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
I'm curious as well as to how swiftkey works. I love the default keyboard, but lightflow breaks the swiftkey function of it.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Mine came with a stock version of swiftkey called "smooth-something." Will have to find the name. But I've been using it since I got the phone without any trouble. Is swiftkey better than the stock version?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

The stock Samsung keyboard has elements of SwiftKey Flow built into it (which can be turned on/off in the settings), is that what you're referring to? I can't find any other stock SwiftKey anything that came with the phone. SwiftKey Flow is basically just the Swype-style functionality that the Samsung stock keyboard has (although the real SwiftKey Flow that's currently in beta testing is much better). So, it doesn't have the real, complete SwiftKey, just some parts of an incomplete version of it.

And in my opinion, the full SwiftKey 3 is miles ahead of the stock Samsung keyboard. It just works better than any keyboard I've ever used, and it only gets better over time as it learns how you type. To me, the only advantage the stock Samsung keyboard has is the dedicated number row at the top. I'd like to see SwiftKey add that in as an option.

Last edited:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
And in my opinion, the full SwiftKey 3 is miles ahead of the stock Samsung keyboard. It just works better than any keyboard I've ever used, and it only gets better over time as it learns how you type. To me, the only advantage the stock Samsung keyboard has is the dedicated number row at the top. I'd like to see SwiftKey add that in as an option.

I couldn't agree more. I love SwiftKey 3. I have used tons of keyboards but this has to be the best I've used. No one handed operation like in the Samsung keyboard but I don't type with one hand anyways (even on a smaller screen like the iphone) so I'm not worried about the one handed functionality. Like you also said I would love to see SwiftKey implement the number row at the top also but just doing a long press to insert the number isn't too bad either.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I could give both of you 100 likes.. SwiftKey is so solid and I will not use anything else.. The more you use it the more it predicts... I'm waiting for the day it just types it by itself.. Haha
Also I'm a big fan of Voice.. Just tap the voice icon like stock and talk away.. Google has great recognition and it amazes me how accurate..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

jseah

Reaction score
I've used Swiftkey, Swiftkey X and now Swiftkey 3. The Samsung keyboard's predictive text is nowhere near as good as Swiftkey. I have installed Swiftkey 3 on the Note II, but have been using the stock Samsung keyboard because of the number row on top. Also, the stock Samsung keyboard works great with the S-Pen. I love when you pull out the S-Pen and the keyboard automatically switches to handwriting recognition. I have tried it and it works brilliantly. It correctly detects the word being written either in print or cursive. And I have also tried writing really fast (with really bad penmanship) and it correctly figures out the word you are trying to write. The handwriting recognition also works excellent when trying to write in Chinese characters. It comes preloaded with English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean and Chinese, with optional downloads of other languages. My wife has always like being able to handwrite in Chinese for emails or Facebook messages, etc. and we have always had to download supplemental apps in the past. This is the first phone that I am aware of that supports this natively.