Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When the razr was first mentioned it caught a lot of slack> You had the beloved nexus on the verge of releasing for vzw with SOOO much hype all over the boards. Even remember that article where Steve (former apple guy) preferred the Razr over the Nexus. And trust me I was one of the guys throwing smack at him.
steve-wozniak-android.jpg

Now we are 6 months out and all 3 big phones have matured we finally get a good picture of the successes and failures.

View attachment 50925

The nexus has proven to be the best device among the 3 hacking wise and nexus fans continue and will continue to enjoy roms until the phone falls apart. To me shows the awesomeness of having an unlocked device. But now that I have had a nexus for awhile I actually think there is room for both what the razr is doing in the nexus is doing. It is obvious that having a nexus allows people the ultimate device for play and its good to have it to play with new software. And now I am glad google is selling unlocked gsm phone on play store for about 300. This will allow users to get this phone and put it on a non contract carrier so you can have away to play with roms. With that said if you need a phone for production and work motorola has proven over and over again that it is looking at taking the space that Blackberry is leaving. With innovations like smart apps and webtop you have the potential to maximize the use. I am looking forward to the razr maxx hd and if I could do it all over again and I knew now what I knew then I would have bought a gsm nexus and put it on a non contract carrier and bought a razr maxx for everyday use. I dont regret my nexus purchase but I am so glad I still have an upgrade left and I will be using it on the razr maxx hd.

So as we get ready for it to come to vzw we will add tidbits, talk about what we want to see, and just chat it up about what we are expecting to see. SO this thread is an all things go thread (as long as it is in the forum guidelines). So basically consider this the Razr maxx hd waiting lounge.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;rQciK-xXywU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQciK-xXywU[/video]

^ what that ha to do with the razr maxx hd, just think this could be one of those "hmmm moments". The Razr Maxx Hd is supposedly running the s4 chip that is the same as in the htc one x. I think this could be a look at what the razr maxx hd could do in comparison to the razr maxx.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
im out the running. need to keep unlimited data going razr maxx.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm still all in :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would guess that it won't... but you never know.

At this point I would say that the snowball would be sol lmao :)

mgrande

Reaction score
I'm guessing there isnt a snowballs chance in hell this phone is going to release by 6/27?!

I have one upgrade left and have to pick something by the 27th. :/

Why do you have to have it by the 27th?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Why do you have to have it by the 27th?

She's hoping to upgrade and still keep unlimited data :) the 28th is when vzw is starting their share everything plans

hotice

Reaction score
I can live without unlimited data. I just can't wait to see the final Razr HD and the final specs. I'm interested in the Sony Xperia GX too but I expect both phones to have 2GB of RAM and the S4 processor. I want the MicroSDHC/XC and the MicroHDMI I expect from Moto, Sony may have those as well, but I think the real trump card will be the 3300mAH battery! The battery life we will get when we combine that battery with the 28nm die size of the S4 is what legends are made of!!! While Apple is bragging about their 4" 16:9 screen on the iPhone 5 I'll...well, never mind, there is really no comparison.

mgrande

Reaction score
Oh, Id be willing to bet I've never gone over 2 gb before.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
even with light use and wifi i have. But that was not the deciding factor for me. If it ended there (30 for 2gbs) maybe. But vzw just going up and I rather go ahead and get the razr maxx and settle. Like I said I have the nexus so I can still get the latest roms

hotice

Reaction score
I think I just crossed the Xperia GX off my list. According to this:
Sony Xperia GX specs
it will only have a 1700mAH battery. I love the display technology in it and the camera sounds incredible but I want tons of battery life! Moto, don't let me down! Also, the it looks like the GX will only have 1GB of RAM. Who knows, they could pull a Samsung and make the North American version 2GB. I really hope the Droid Razr HD will have 2GB of RAM. Does anybody know this?

mgrande

Reaction score
Well ics didn't come to the maxx today, perhaps vzw is waiting til after the hd comes out to use ics as a marketing tool?

hotice

Reaction score
I don't think they'll wait that long to release ICS for the Razr. Especially since they said early 2012 at the launch event. Late first half is pushing it. I'm sure it will come this month.

I'd be surprised if the Razr HD comes before August and a little surprised if it comes after.