May get a Note2...please tell me the pros & cons

kdw11005

Reaction score
I went from a razr maxx (I've always had motorolas) to a samsung galaxy s3. The s3 has some serious battery issues and everyone says it sounds like I'm under water when I talk on it. I really like the s3 but I'm within my 14 day trade in on it and am thinking either the razr hd or the note 2. Please tell me how the battery life is and any cons you have for the note 2. I read some reviews that say the back cover is very flimsy on it.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have had all of the phones that you reference in your post - Razr Maxx, S3, Maxx HD and the Note 2...I have both the Maxx HD and Note 2 on active lines and as much as I love Moto, the Note 2 is my main device...battery life is great (stock) and even better rooted, ROM'd...the screen size is great, the S Pen is quite functional and the build quality is good (still has the plastic back, I replaced mine with an aluminum back so it feels even better but you lose the NFC chip in the back cover)...

Overall screen viewing on the Maxx HD and Note 2 are similar, the Note 2 might have a bit of an edge but both devices are great...if you can get some hands on time with them, you really should just to see how they both feel to you...

Good luck!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Samsung! Don't think about it.. N2 will surprise you in every way...

Noted2x..

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've always been more of a Moto fan and I'm waiting to see what the rumored X Phone is all about. What way did you end up going?

I went from a razr maxx (I've always had motorolas) to a samsung galaxy s3. The s3 has some serious battery issues and everyone says it sounds like I'm under water when I talk on it. I really like the s3 but I'm within my 14 day trade in on it and am thinking either the razr hd or the note 2. Please tell me how the battery life is and any cons you have for the note 2. I read some reviews that say the back cover is very flimsy on it.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

xtor

Reaction score
Can we write On this screen With the s Pen? In our own Handwriting

xtor

Reaction score
First con I've notice is call volume, volume at full and can hardly her on blue tooth

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
First con I've notice is call volume, volume at full and can hardly her on blue tooth

Xtor, I wonder if it's the Bluetooth? I have a hard time hearing on my LG Bluetooth but very loud on my Motorola Bluetooth.

My only complaints are the placement of the power button and volume rocker. I am constantly pushing them accidentally. Other than that, coming from my razrs that I loved, this note is a lot of fun and a whole new world in Android. My biggest worries (data connection, phone reception & battery) have proven to be no worries at all.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

xtor

Reaction score
Xtor, I wonder if it's the Bluetooth? I have a hard time hearing on my LG Bluetooth but very loud on my Motorola Bluetooth.

My only complaints are the placement of the power button and volume rocker. I am constantly pushing them accidentally. Other than that, coming from my razrs that I loved, this note is a lot of fun and a whole new world in Android. My biggest worries (data connection, phone reception & battery) have proven to be no worries at all.

No it was loud on my razr and the bluetooth is new, even using phone with out bluetooth is hard to hear at full volume, googled it and alot of people have the same problem

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
No it was loud on my razr and the bluetooth is new, even using phone with out bluetooth is hard to hear at full volume, googled it and alot of people have the same problem

Aha. That would be irritating. I wonder if any of the volume booster apps would help.

Schimm

Reaction score

What makes them doubly a pain in the butt is that they are placed directly opposite of each other where you normally grip the phone. So when you hit the power button to turn the screen off you are also depressing the volume rocker. I use a case with a plastic button shell around the buttons so I have to use a bit of force to depress the buttons. Which means I'm almost always grappling with this issue. The worst button placement and feel of any phone hands down.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.