Going from a Razr Maxx HD to a Note 2, Should I??!!

Reaction score
I live where there are lots of iffi signal areas. I have had many Motorola phones and my Note II seems just as good with the signal as any of my Motorola phones

NOVICE

Reaction score
Radios on Note 2 are excellent. (But I never had problem with GS3 either) Galaxy Nexus--that's another beast entirely.

cesar357

Reaction score
I just jumped into a Note 2. I had the Motorola RAZR MAXX. The switch was a great. I love my Note 2. It takes a bit to get used to the huge screen but it's awesome.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I just jumped into a Note 2. I had the Motorola RAZR MAXX. The switch was a great. I love my Note 2. It takes a bit to get used to the huge screen but it's awesome.

Same here, my Maxx was a great phone but the Note 2 beats it hands down!

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2

Last edited:

Black05Hemi

Reaction score
Well, I have the Note 2 up and running. I like it. Just not sure I want Jelly Bean. I rooted my Maxx HD, and loaded ICS, which I like. Did some searching, apparently you can't put ICS on the Note 2. Not sure what to do. The screen on the Note 2 is awesome, took me no time at all to get use too.

xtor

Reaction score
I went from razr to note 2, 3 weeks ago, can't believe I strained my eyes on that razr so long, the note is a faster better phone imo, 36 hr on first charge, that's smokin!

sent from note 2

laurenjones93

Reaction score
l recently switched from the Razr HD - & SO far I like the note. I have been with Motorola forever. It's definitely a big change. But I am happy So far!

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I'm back to trying to get the note 2 again. Finally after reps lying that They never approved the note 2 offer. This rep said yes to the note 2. So over the next few months will be buying the parts needed to make it work. Just hope I'm making a smart move since I've heard people say the speaker on the back is weak and crackles at loud volumes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx HD using Droid Forums

detroitwilly

Reaction score
I was a Droid Razr Maxx user and maxx hd user. I loved them. I switched to the note2 this week and so far in love it. It feels like Samsung is further ahead and gives me far more to do. The battery is almost as good and I use every bit of it on a daily basis.

Its been 6 days and the only 2 things I miss about my razr moto phones are the keyboard (which was fixed by getting SwiftKey 4 and the texting format. The texting interface on the Samsung looks silly to me. I liked the way the face of the person I was texting with came up in the individual thread as well as the page that shows all of my threads that are going on.
Other than those 2 things, I have no problems and enjoy using the Note much more than the maxx.

Does anyone know how I could get the moto look on my note for texting?

I would like to avoid rooting and also getting an app that would give me problems with duplicate messages.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go SMS, handcent and chomp are all good and very customizable.. give one a try and to avoid duplicate texts just go into the stock text app and shut down notifications

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

blowngtp

Reaction score
My wife and I just came over from the Droid 3 (wife) and Bionic (me). We both love the Note 2. I'm kicking myself for not buying one earlier. She has the white and I went gray to match my hair :biggrin:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
My wife and I just came over from the Droid 3 (wife) and Bionic (me). We both love the Note 2. I'm kicking myself for not buying one earlier. She has the white and I went gray to match my hair :biggrin:

I keep telling everyone who will listen... And a few that don't listen as well... Lol

Noted 2x~4 beta