May get a Note2...please tell me the pros & cons

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Just traded my DROID Dna for a Note II straight up. Must say I love it. It's a big phone but I really hated the Dna. Sense is so laggy compared to Touchwiz. Battery life is way better than the Dna and I missed the sd slot. Overall it's a better phone than the Dna.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Congrats crx! You will have lots of fun with it!

What makes them doubly a pain in the butt is that they are placed directly opposite of each other where you normally grip the phone. So when you hit the power button to turn the screen off you are also depressing the volume rocker. I use a case with a plastic button shell around the buttons so I have to use a bit of force to depress the buttons. Which means I'm almost always grappling with this issue. The worst button placement and feel of any phone hands down.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

I do the same. Not sure what Sammy was thinking on this one. Drives me crazy. I'm waiting for my case and hoping it helps.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

xtor

Reaction score
I just went 36 hours on my first charge, this is crazy, razr was a 8 hr phone.been on charge now for 40 min and already at 60%

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I went from a razr maxx (I've always had motorolas) to a samsung galaxy s3. The s3 has some serious battery issues and everyone says it sounds like I'm under water when I talk on it. I really like the s3 but I'm within my 14 day trade in on it and am thinking either the razr hd or the note 2. Please tell me how the battery life is and any cons you have for the note 2. I read some reviews that say the back cover is very flimsy on it.

Big Moto fan here. After using one on a number of occasions, the only drawback I can find to the Note 2 is its size. Again, that's completely subjective. If given one, I'd gladly ride into the sunset using it as the device fits easily in my pockets. As with anything else, this will ultimately be a personal choice because the Note 2 is a great device.

BTW, I'll be there to pick up the S4 on release day. :icon_ lala:

xtor

Reaction score
Big Moto fan here. After using one on a number of occasions, the only drawback I can find to the Note 2 is its size. Again, that's completely subjective. If given one, I'd gladly ride into the sunset using it as the device fits easily in my pockets. As with anything else, this will ultimately be a personal choice because the Note 2 is a great device.

BTW, I'll be there to pick up the S4 on release day. :icon_ lala:

I've always had motos too, just got a note2, first charge 2 days ago went 36 hrs, and was at 15%

jcoppola33

Reaction score
im not sure what he ended up doing but i would have waited until the s4 was on sale then compare which you like. I have the note 2 (broken right now) and am getting it replaced with the s4

xtor

Reaction score
Aha. That would be irritating. I wonder if any of the volume booster apps would help.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

All the one's I tried didn't do a thing, there's a way to fix the problem at xda, but you have to be rooted

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
A little update. I have had this phone for 4 days now and I love it. The battery is really great for this phone. I get the same amount of usage that I would get in my s3 with the oem extended battery. I love it. Plus, this phone is so much more responsive than my dna.

tituswife

Reaction score
I've had Note 2 since February. Huge screen, great volume, good battery life. I like the Multi Window, especially since the update. Camera options are amazing. Fast processor and good storage.

The only con is that it hasn't made me better at games!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Swift Key