Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

mgrande

Reaction score
When I was at the store today I couldn't understand the camera settings. Is widescreen 8mp and regular 6mp? Also all the people complaining about indoor picture quality, have you tried adjusting the exposure?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

geoff5093

Reaction score
When I was at the store today I couldn't understand the camera settings. Is widescreen 8mp and regular 6mp? Also all the people complaining about indoor picture quality, have you tried adjusting the exposure?

I believe the 6MP is widescreen, but I would chose 8MP for the best quality. It's not just an exposure problem, but the photos lack detail, sharpness, and vividness.

mgrande

Reaction score
I believe the 6MP is widescreen, but I would chose 8MP for the best quality. It's not just an exposure problem, but the photos lack detail, sharpness, and vividness.

So the larger wide screen photos are less mega pixels? That seems silly. So my Droid X has a better camera? I know it's not all about MP but still..

WestOkid

Reaction score

Mega pixels have nothing to do with quality. that is mostly a cheap marketing trick. Don't buy into it. They use the same dirty tiny sensor and divide it up into smaller blurrier pieces. You can take any run of the mill point and shoot and destroy these 8 mega pixel phones.

regarding the 8 vs 6. The camera is simply cropping the the top and bottom of the picture so it fits in the view finder. it is not actually wider. To produce true windscreen the camera requires a wide angle lens.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WestOkid

Reaction score
How does the Razr hd feel? The one thing I hate most about my razr is the feel of it. I want the HD but not if the ergonomics are the same.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
How does the Razr hd feel? The one thing I hate most about my razr is the feel of it. I want the HD but not if the ergonomics are the same.

I think it feels great.. nice build IMO

°BK's pure G-Nex°

geoff5093

Reaction score

Build quality wise it's great, the kevlar has a nice sticky feel to it so it won't slip out of your hand, and the aluminum feels very durable as well.

As far as ergonomics are concerned, the phone is horrible in my opinion. It has an odd trapezoid-type shape to it, with almost 90 degree corners and edges. For one I could never get a perfect grip on the phone that felt comfortable and natural, the most comfortable position still left me unable to use the top left corner with my thumb, and I constantly had to readjust my hand to make it feel better. This has to be one of my biggest complaints about the phone.

Also, due to the hard edges when you put it in your front pocket it looks like a deck of cards, it's extremely noticeable. Unlike most other phones like the GS3, which have tapered edges and corners which make it much more comfortable to hold, and are more discrete when in your pocket.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Build quality wise it's great, the kevlar has a nice sticky feel to it so it won't slip out of your hand, and the aluminum feels very durable as well.

As far as ergonomics are concerned, the phone is horrible in my opinion. It has an odd trapezoid-type shape to it, with almost 90 degree corners and edges. For one I could never get a perfect grip on the phone that felt comfortable and natural, the most comfortable position still left me unable to use the top left corner with my thumb, and I constantly had to readjust my hand to make it feel better. This has to be one of my biggest complaints about the phone.

Also, due to the hard edges when you put it in your front pocket it looks like a deck of cards, it's extremely noticeable. Unlike most other phones like the GS3, which have tapered edges and corners which make it much more comfortable to hold, and are more discrete when in your pocket.

oh so that is a phone in your pocket lol jk

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

hotice

Reaction score
I guess this is personal preference since geoff5093 doesn't seem to like the feel at all. I think it's by far the best built and best feeling pda I've had. I'm ok with the design of the GS3 but I wouldn't say it's better in anyway than the Razr Maxx HD. I think the Maxx HD is a great fit in the hand, it feel good in the hand, and is a little shorter than the GS3 while hardly being thicker.

Try one in the store and see what you think before you buy. I know I was stunned when I got my Razr Maxx HD at how small it is. I was expecting it to be thicker at least. It's really a great size and I think it feels perfect and solid in the hand!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I agree.. The phone is solid you will notice the weight immediately.. I like the feeling hand.. I gave it the 14 day look which if you don't mind $35 fee is a great deal for a look see.. Haha
Of course you will have to pay for the phone so if y'all don't mind lending VZW money for a few weeks its ok.. Lol

°BK's pure G-Nex°

WestOkid

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I would try it but the Verizon store doesn't seem to want to give me one out of the box. Trying it out with that alarm thing in the middle doesn't work.

Either way it doesn't sound like it's great. I can't take another OG Razr feel. I have felt a few gs3s and It's amazing how small and comfortable it is for a big phone. I may have to go with that.

mgrande

Reaction score
Setting my new phone up now, anyone having trouble with GPS switch pro toggle?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

ambrown

Reaction score
I liked the way the Razr HD felt in my hand. I was actually quite surprised with how good it felt for how big it was. The corners felt nice and the all Kevlar back has a nice texture to it.

The design is just superb in my opinion. I mean everyone has their own preferences but I like a solid feeling in my phone.