Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGard

Reaction score
thanks all. I was dumb and just missed that part of the OP the first time through. All is well now! :)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I noticed that too with the typing. After a few reboots, or me switching to another 2.2 ROM. I dont see it anymore.

One thing was happening yesterday: Google Maps kept trying to update and it kept failing. And after switching to a new ROM, my apps auto syncing and auto installing went smoother. The syncing and auto installing of Market apps will be a performance killer in the beginning.

Anticitizen

Reaction score
as for Flash player I have yet to see any inprovement over using 2.1 with skyfire.

Skyfire does not give you flash on your Droid. Skyfire only converts certain types of flash video to a 3gp video format that your phone can play. It doesn't work for many, many sites, however, and it doesn't work for anything flash-related except for those videos. With 2.2, you can now navigate web sites that are entirely written in Flash. I've already been using to listen to streaming radio programs that use Flash applets on their site.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone who's done it with SpRecovery and been successful?

Yes, Plenty have been successful.....Doing a factory rest and wipe is critical.

Yeah I did do a wipe. Installed the FROYO rom,and then tried to install the theme. Just keep getting installation aborted. If I flash Clockwork just to install the theme is there an easy way to go back to sprecovery?

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Just a heads up for those that may not know:

Dolphin Browser HD runs in 2.2 w/ flash much faster with much more Flash content displaying than Skyfire in 2.1 (My Oppinion).

Give it a try. Gotta love those Gestures for shortcuts!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is there anyone who's done it with SpRecovery and been successful?

Yes, Plenty have been successful.....Doing a factory rest and wipe is critical.

Yeah I did do a wipe. Installed the FROYO rom,and then tried to install the theme. Just keep getting installation aborted. If I flash Clockwork just to install the theme is there an easy way to go back to sprecovery?

At the bottom of the ROM Manager there is an option to flash sprecovery.

cruzincat

Reaction score
Can we get a sticky thread with one post that details what units Froyo is available on, and whether it for rooted or non rooted, what roms etc., so the people like me who are still waiting don't have to spend a lifetime going through the threads to figure out if we should be receiving the upgrade?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
browser

I did a bit more reading and right now I have to admit I did find that the stock browser is simply much faster. I prefer to use skyfire but the stock one does seem to be showing some of the speed many are talking about. This is the only thing so far that I see faster though when multitasking like I do daily.

Im going to mess with it a bit more and see if I can tweak things a bit more to my liking layout wise and maybe tryout wifi tethering. I dont need/use it that much since Im on disability and home most of the time. I just keep it on my wifi. [cox cable here pushing 3-5 megabyte/second download. They just upped my speeds again]. I want to get something that will let me connect to my pc's shared drives from phone as I use to do on my dare. I've yet to find software for this since I owned a droid. Dont know why I haven't yet.

Anyone know of something I should try out for this please let me know. would be so nice to get to my pc's download folder without mounting my sd card and copying over or using bluetooth fileshare which is kindof slow if you ask me.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
anyone using audio manager with froyo ?

I tried taking all theming off of it and still get no meters to show up.

this pic is while I had theme still but this is exactly how it displays with or without a theme implemented.
CAP201006061109.jpg

heres what it should look like. This pic is from BBv1.1 on a 2.1 rom I know but this is how I like it to look.
CAP201006052235.jpg

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Been using Froyo for about 36 hours now. I personally feel that while my benchmarks are in line with most everyone else, in real world use the phone "feels" slower, more laggy. For example, I'm typing this on the virtual keyboard. Running redrum 1.3.1 with DE it would be able to keep up. I can type full sentences without it finishing a word on froyo. Just one example- take it for what it's worth.

Froyo has been smooth for me. While I will admit that I have seen some hiccups, I am not concerned because this is a beta. This was meant for testing. I was never meant for it to get out yet. So I am going to play with it until the official version is released. I think all criticism should be held off until you get the official version. Betas always have bugs or issues, which is why they do not release it to the public.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
notifications

If I could make the bar black I wouldn't hide it, would be so nice to get my green clock and superman battery symbol to work in that too but im sure that is just a matter of time. I know theme's are being made as we speak so I will be working towards getting it back to my liking in time.

Any ideas or new ways to change these would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I want to get something that will let me connect to my pc's shared drives from phone as I use to do on my dare. I've yet to find software for this since I owned a droid. Dont know why I haven't yet.

Anyone know of something I should try out for this please let me know. would be so nice to get to my pc's download folder without mounting my sd card and copying over or using bluetooth fileshare which is kindof slow if you ask me.

Try Homepipe. I've been using it for a few days, and it's worked well. I have a few folders shared (and you can elect whether to share them read only or read/write). I was even streaming my music collection over 3G without lag for a little while over the weekend to test it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.