Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read everything (okay almost everything) anyone know why we cant push or pull out of Froyo, I have tried and get permission denied.

Anyone else having problems getting Froyo to launch Car Home while in or out of the car dock?

When I put it in the dock or simply click on the Car Home icon in the launcher, all I get is a black screen for 10-15 seconds and then goes back to the home screen.

Thanks i'll give it a try

I have lots of stuff on my network. I have a fileserver with tv show's alone that has 6 terabytes, then there's my tv capture pc and my laptops so if I have to setup each and every link that might not be worth it :)

But if I setup must my d/l folder's on my lappy and my main pc that would work for now :)

I user root explorer and have no problem pushing to froyo

I put my custom dialer on n/p along with a few other things via root explorer. When it said that I click the button at the top of the screen to toggle read/write mode. If that isnt working for you. You are one of the few getting root access issues from installing froyo. Check your superuser permission on Root explorer if thats what your using to push/pull files. Im no help if your using pc to do it since I found that method was more trouble than its worth.

EDIT: anyone use automount with froyo yet. I cant even install it. First app I have that refuses to install period on it ;(
I hate having to manually mount everytime I connect to pc. there has to be an easier way on froyo.

EDIT 2: just got an update for audiomanager I hope this fixes my issue.

So easy to pop things onto sdcard then use root explorer to push them to system/app.
CAP201006061112.jpg

Alright now im pissed

I just tried to update my audiomanager as I stated in the previous post that I cant edit or I would have.
Im getting an error from google trying to get me to pay for this app again. I bought it like 2 weeks ago. I just emailed them about it. I hope its a server thing cause im not paying for it again just to use it on froyo.

Here's one thing that I have noticed - for many people, the browser flies now. However, for me, in real-life day-to-day experience, I've found it to be slower. It is a clean install. The first time I installed, I didn't wipe, but I didn't care because I was on BB 1.1 and figured I'd play with it for a day to get a good preview and then switch back. Once I decided it was a keeper until Pete gets his hands on it and comes out with his next ROM, I reinstalled cleanly. Now, the upside is that I've been loyal to the stock browser becasue previously, Dolphin and Xscope were NOT as fast as it. However, with Froyo, Xscope is the one flying for me. It's insane. I click the favorite or type in the link and poof, it appears instantaneously. I don't know why my experience is the opposite of most everyone else's, but I'll take it!

They better fix this bug soon

Just got the same error with setcpu now. I guess there's an update for this one too
I just used my other droid running petes BBv1.1 and got both updates ok. So tis definately a froyo thing. Now to move them over manually and see if they fix the small issue I had with audiomanager. My setcpu was working fine on froyo but I like to keep upto date with things.

Anyone else having this type of issue with market purchased items ?

First Post. Got this installed and it is AWESOME! Loving the bluetooth dialing! I rooted my droid using the info on this forum to take advantage of this. I used the SBF method, with a couple of wipes before the restore. Thank You to all who made this happen!

:icon_ banana:

All new people should take notes from this guy. :)

Jorte callendar

I cant get it to let me turn it transparent on Froyo it force closes when I hit the soft option button. But other than that it works and I can turn it to the black one atleast.
CAP201006061114.jpg

CAP201006071247.jpg

CAP2010060712501.jpg

after update still issues with audiomanager. This is the updated version I just d/l'd from the market on my BBv1.1 rom on my other moto droid. still same issue :(
CAP2010060712502.jpg

I cant get it to let me turn it transparent on Froyo it force closes when I hit the soft option button. But other than that it works and I can turn it to the black one atleast.
There is an "Official Broken Apps Thread for Froyo" mabye you should check there, I would post the link but have never posted a link from my phone, just search it, or mabye someone else can post it

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

Hey guys, no clue if this has been answered yet but after going through the install process I am stuck at the "ANDROID" loading screen, the blue writing. It just keeps flashing and swiping white while loading at start up. Anyone know what I did wrong and if this is an easy or PITA fix?

I've installed Froyo three times using a full wipe of my phone. Each time, it worked great for about 30-60 minutes, then started reboot cycling constantly, and I had to SPRecover to get it to stop. Anyone else experience this or have suggestions?

People, if any of you are having an issue trying to install Flash, try this link. Use your Droid. Download it directly, use Astro to install.

MyDroidWorld - Now that you have FROYO, How About Flash

I've cross posted this on 3 threads. That's usually a no no but I had some difficulties. Trying to spread the word.

I put my custom dialer on n/p along with a few other things via root explorer. When it said that I click the button at the top of the screen to toggle read/write mode. If that isnt working for you. You are one of the few getting root access issues from installing froyo. Check your superuser permission on Root explorer if thats what your using to push/pull files. Im no help if your using pc to do it since I found that method was more trouble than its worth.

EDIT: anyone use automount with froyo yet. I cant even install it. First app I have that refuses to install period on it ;(
I hate having to manually mount everytime I connect to pc. there has to be an easier way on froyo.

EDIT 2: just got an update for audiomanager I hope this fixes my issue.

So easy to pop things onto sdcard then use root explorer to push them to system/app.
CAP201006061112.jpg

I do use my PC but thanks for the response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back