Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I keep getting installation aborted when I try to install the clean black theme...anyone have any ideas? I've renamed it to update.zip.

JGard

Reaction score
I got 2.2 succesfully installed and activated with teh new baseband. I installed the 1.1 GHz kernel and I don't seem to have root access any more. Is root lost with the 2.2 nandroid restore?

coondogg97

Reaction score
I got 2.2 succesfully installed and activated with teh new baseband. I installed the 1.1 GHz kernel and I don't seem to have root access any more. Is root lost with the 2.2 nandroid restore?

Did you use SPRecovery to install 2.2? If so read the first post and download SU again.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I keep getting installation aborted when I try to install the clean black theme...anyone have any ideas? I've renamed it to update.zip.

I installed it from rom manager and it worked perfectly.

thanks for the reply,but that means I'd need Clockwork Recovery correct? Is there anyone who's done it with SpRecovery and been successful?

brando56894

Reaction score
yea you would need CWR installed to use rom manager. Ive been using CWM for the majority of the time ive have the phone (about 90% of the last three months). I originally used SPR since that was what matth3w used in his guide. Once I found rom manager I flashed CWR and never looked back :D

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is there anyone who's done it with SpRecovery and been successful?

Yes, Plenty have been successful.....Doing a factory rest and wipe is critical.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
anyone seccessfully install MM yet on 2.2 ?

Just curious since I cant install any of my MM edits I currently use on froyo thats one of the main things I dont like of it so far. I know I put alot of posts up about speed, but I know speed isnt' everything.

I do want to keep my current layout setup on 2.2 but to do that I need a working MM to let me change a few things still. One being my notification bar and some of the things on it. As well as my pulldown shade none of my edited files will allow me to install them. I have yet to be able to even open MM. and with my bad vision I cant even read the error when it just closes on me.

IM going to wait till a freind stops over, with good vision :) to read it to me. then I'll atleast have an idea of whats going on.

Dan A

Reaction score
Thank You Devs!

First Post. Got this installed and it is AWESOME! Loving the bluetooth dialing! I rooted my droid using the info on this forum to take advantage of this. I used the SBF method, with a couple of wipes before the restore. Thank You to all who made this happen!

:icon_ banana:

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
DessoThumbs

that is great news, I cant wait since the phone I currently have on my service still has BBv1.1 on it. I have 3 moto droids here so I been messing with it alot. But I refuse to update it on the device I have connected to verizon atm. I can use all but Phone itself on the other's through my wifi. so I have been testing other things as well. mostly multitasking since thats what really slowed things on other roms int he past and it still does on Froyo.

lockman

Reaction score
Been using Froyo for about 36 hours now. I personally feel that while my benchmarks are in line with most everyone else, in real world use the phone "feels" slower, more laggy. For example, I'm typing this on the virtual keyboard. Running redrum 1.3.1 with DE it would be able to keep up. I can type full sentences without it finishing a word on froyo. Just one example- take it for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.