Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
does anyone know where I can get just the kernel that is included with this rom. I FINALLY found a good freaking froyo kernel for my phone and want to know what it is so I can try some other roms based off this leak.
You could try here. And when you're done, thank P3 for his awesome kernels.

Speaking of which, Thank You P3Droid for your dedication and hard work in getting all these leaks out to us, and Thank You Miami for making sure they get posted here and all your hard work!

BigG422

Reaction score
does anyone know where I can get just the kernel that is included with this rom. I FINALLY found a good freaking froyo kernel for my phone and want to know what it is so I can try some other roms based off this leak.
You could try here. And when you're done, thank P3 for his awesome kernels.

I have seen that page before and tried some of them before but they never work right, this one seems to work perfectly, is why I am wonder exactly which one this is.

ohfire

Reaction score
I guess I am a bit confused. I am at home now and don't have much service, but am I reading that if I tether now, it will take me to the Verizon page and I will have to pay for it? Does that go for wireless tether too?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I guess I am a bit confused. I am at home now and don't have much service, but am I reading that if I tether now, it will take me to the Verizon page and I will have to pay for it? Does that go for wireless tether too?
Big V's been looking for a way to offer tethering in a way they can charge users for it, and the included USB tethering in the settings is how.

So go here, install it, and you're good to go. I find it's more convenient anyway since I can have a shortcut on my home page, and it offers FAR more options. Since WiFi tethering isn't included in the Droid-flavored FroYo it won't be taxed. Of course, you could always just go back to PDANet and EasyTether or Proxoid from the market.

talkdj

Reaction score
Anyone else having spotty issues with GPS. Sometimes it works, most time it sits on "finding route" and then Gertrude says "Data lost" or something like that.

Never happened before on any other Froyo roms I've tried.

erikfig

Reaction score
I don't see what's the big deal with this release, Stock theme, same look, same speed, same quadrant scores. No themes. What's the big deal with this release?

Just because is something new people want it? New does not mean better or more stable!!!

BigG422

Reaction score
125-1000 low voltage FroYo-specific kernel, as per the information in the original post.

Which kernels from there have you tried before?

I have tried 700 and 600 low and medium at 250 and 150 but didnt go higher because I didnt really need to overclock as froyo was so much faster for me. Also tried p3's and still no luck. My biggest problem was that they would not charge at all when I had my phone plugged in to usb at work while streaming internet radio. It would say it was charging but it would just continue to discharge the battery. Same thing would happen in my car. It all seemed to work just fine before any froyo rom, but this one it finally worked. Thanks for all your help and for those responsible for the leaks and the hard work in putting the roms together.

ohfire

Reaction score
Big V's been looking for a way to offer tethering in a way they can charge users for it, and the included USB tethering in the settings is how.

So go here, install it, and you're good to go. I find it's more convenient anyway since I can have a shortcut on my home page, and it offers FAR more options. Since WiFi tethering isn't included in the Droid-flavored FroYo it won't be taxed. Of course, you could always just go back to PDANet and EasyTether or Proxoid from the market.

Thanks! I use the wireless tether for my IPAD, but I will dload this one incase I need it for the laptop.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see what's the big deal with this release, Stock theme, same look, same speed, same quadrant scores. No themes. What's the big deal with this release?

Just because is something new people want it? New does not mean better or more stable!!!

The big deal as you put it is this is the same froyo that's going out in August OTA. And I don't know about you but I find it more stable then the other previous versions.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I meant I have tried other kernels other than P3. CHRIST, give me an edit button. :)
That's the problem with the News section. :)

Are you using SetCPU at all? Charging via USB isn't great when you're trying to do anything else on the phone because the USB spec just doesn't have that much juice...

Just download the Low Voltage 125-1000 FroYo kernel from P3's site (that's the "stock" kernel included here) and save it to your hard drive on your PC and you'll be all set for all your ROMing needs unless there's an issue with the ROM in question.

BigG422

Reaction score
I meant I have tried other kernels other than P3. CHRIST, give me an edit button. :)

Are you using SetCPU at all? Charging via USB isn't great when you're trying to do anything else on the phone because the USB spec just doesn't have that much juice...

Just download the Low Voltage 125-1000 FroYo kernel from P3's site (that's the "stock" kernel included here) and save it to your hard drive on your PC and you'll be all set for all your ROMing needs unless there's an issue with the ROM in question.

Already done on the download, believe you me :). Yes I am using setCPU. Ever since I have had the phone it was charging just fine. I even tried using the wall charger in my car (have an inverter) and it STILL wouldnt charge.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

Already done on the download, believe you me :). Yes I am using setCPU. Ever since I have had the phone it was charging just fine. I even tried using the wall charger in my car (have an inverter) and it STILL wouldnt charge.
Never heard of that happening before.

Then again, every phone is different and the problems with rooting are as varied as the advantages -- just not as numerous! :icon_ banana:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
whoever made/submitted the market fix; thanks.