Droid Bionic Commercial (scenarios)

Covington

Reaction score
There have been daily leaks and pictures and even an ad but what about TV commercials? I figured since there's no commercials yet, how about we have some fun creating our own scenarios on how they would play out. You know, like those good ol'
[video=youtube;tiaRAcpIJmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiaRAcpIJmw[/video] commercials.

Mine would start off with machines building the original bionic (etna) the machines would then realize over a period of trial and error that its not good enough. Then of course one machine would claim "we have the technology...we can rebuild him. Better(Omap) Stronger(dual-core) Faster(4g)" which the screen would pan out and fade to black showing the machines working with increased confidence and new tech (moto's 4g chip).

Forgive me if its sloppy and cheesy, just thought we'd have some fun while we wait:happy:

Last edited:

Insidious

Reaction score
I think that'd be bada$$ lol

Sent from my now completely stock DROID2 Global :(

Insidious

Reaction score
What annoys me is how people hate on the specs. the bionic is impressive!
1 gb of ddr2 (does your senstation have that?)
Dual core TI-OMAP4 dual core capable of 1080p playback!
1080p 8 mp camera!
QHD display. How many phones have that and I only named off 4 specs!
sheesh people are either jealous are crazy

Sent from my now completely stock DROID2 Global :(

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Hey...its the nature of the beast. Once the next latest n greatest is on the radar...everything else that hasn't even came out yet looks outdated to some ppl. There are some ppl actually not that impressed with the GS2 anymore now and willing to pass on that...lol I know, its hard to believe....

OP
Covington

Covington

Reaction score
Thanks droidfreak28!

^Hey...its the nature of the beast. Once the next latest n greatest is on the radar...everything else that hasn't even came out yet looks outdated to some ppl. There are some ppl actually not that impressed with the GS2 anymore now and willing to pass on that...lol I know, its hard to believe....

It's insane isn't it? Yesterday I saw a post on droid-life about how the SGII was old news and they would rather wait for the htc vigor...Couldn't believe my eyes.:blink:

Reaction score
Thanks droidfreak28!

It's insane isn't it? Yesterday I saw a post on droid-life about how the SGII was old news and they would rather wait for the htc vigor...Couldn't believe my eyes.:blink:

Well it has been out across the world for a few months now. So its not like its a relatively new device. To us, yes. But thats like Kazakhstan saying that threes company is the most awesome new hit show out there. We get sloppy thirds of tech across the world, and even I find myself kinda peeved that a new device hitting our shores would have been yesterdays news to our euro counterparts.

and btw OP why you gotta make me think they let out a bionic commercial in the title... errrr

wseyller

Reaction score
To OP. Personally that is an awesome idea. But most people don't know the history between etna and targa. There are even people on this forum that still don't know. I've seen recently people posting stuff related to etna like it is a new leak because they don't know the difference.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DC 1127

Reaction score
To OP. Personally that is an awesome idea. But most people don't know the history between etna and targa. There are even people on this forum that still don't know. I've seen recently people posting stuff related to etna like it is a new leak because they don't know the difference.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yea true. Most verizon reps dont even know the history of the bionic.

Liberated D2

tcayton49

Reaction score
Mine would start off with machines building the original bionic (etna) the machines would then realize over a period of trial and error that its not good enough. Then of course one machine would claim "we have the technology...we can rebuild him. Better(Omap) Stronger(dual-core) Faster(4g)" which the screen would pan out and fade to black showing the machines working with increased confidence and new tech (moto's 4g chip).

Forgive me if its sloppy and cheesy, just thought we'd have some fun while we wait:happy:

I don't think they should start off with the Etna...that would be admitting to a failure that the general public knows nothing about. I definitely like the idea of we can rebuild him better, stronger, faster etc...but I think it would be better if they started off with the OG Droid as the basis

OP
Covington

Covington

Reaction score
Well it has been out across the world for a few months now. So its not like its a relatively new device. To us, yes. But thats like Kazakhstan saying that threes company is the most awesome new hit show out there. We get sloppy thirds of tech across the world, and even I find myself kinda peeved that a new device hitting our shores would have been yesterdays news to our euro counterparts.

and btw OP why you gotta make me think they let out a bionic commercial in the title... errrr

Agreed, we are so far behind in the cellular world.

Ha, sorry Jersey! Tried my best to make it clear it that I was fantasizing!

To Wseyller, I know most people don't know the history of the bionic and that's what would make it even better to us enthusiast. Sort of like a present for having us wait so long.

Agreed tcayton49, it would look bad on moto's part, but it looked pretty cool in my over activate imagination lol.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont really have any commercial scenarios....I just cant wait to see some Droid commercials.

WVOz1970

Reaction score
I like the $6mil dollar man concept. I agree, I would go with an original Droid. Maybe have some guy complaining about it being old and throwing it out the window, shattering it. The DroidDoes team moves in, collects the pieces up, and then moves into the "we have the tech..." script. Maybe even include some of the old sounds from the old TV show. And when the new phone is uncovered, there's the Bionic.

On a side note... if I end up getting the Bionic, I want a sound collection of the effects from the six million dollar man on it. Text message could be the "na na na na" from when he got ready to jump. Ring tone could be the actual sound of when he would jump or run, can't remember, that low to high sweep.

OP
Covington

Covington

Reaction score
I like the $6mil dollar man concept. I agree, I would go with an original Droid. Maybe have some guy complaining about it being old and throwing it out the window, shattering it. The DroidDoes team moves in, collects the pieces up, and then moves into the "we have the tech..." script. Maybe even include some of the old sounds from the old TV show. And when the new phone is uncovered, there's the Bionic.

On a side note... if I end up getting the Bionic, I want a sound collection of the effects from the six million dollar man on it. Text message could be the "na na na na" from when he got ready to jump. Ring tone could be the actual sound of when he would jump or run, can't remember, that low to high sweep.

Awesome mate, everything about this post is amazing.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I could see Verizon doing a commercial where a guy is outside sitting at a table on his laptop and he has his phone on the table. Dark clouds arrive suddenly and the laptop and phone get struck by lightning. When the smoke clears, the only thing left is one device, the Droid Bionic. "A Droid with the Power of Verizon's lightning fast 4G LTE network, and a powerful, dual core processor. Introducing the new Droid Bionic!"

Last edited:
OP
Covington

Covington

Reaction score
I could see Verizon doing a commercial where a guy is outside sitting at a table on his laptop and he has his phone on the table. Dark clouds arrive suddenly and the laptop and phone get struck by lightning. When the smoke clears, the only thing left is one device, the Droid Bionic. "A Droid with the Power of Verizon's 4G LTE network, and a powerful, dual core processor. Introducing the new Droid Bionic!"

Just the imagine of that gives me shiver lol. That would be awesome because they could probably introduce the webtop in that commercial also.
By the way, has anyone used the atrix webtop? How is it?