Final thoughts of decision: "bionic or razr?" the end.

OP
B

bens42608

U guys were right. I just got the extended batter for $25 at Verizon. Ill let u know once I get a full day to try it out with 4g and everything. The normal battery would die in a few hours with very heavy 4g web surfing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:

rghurtle

Reaction score
I get a full day with heavy usage on the extended battery. As for the camera, it works great now after the 893 uodate.

OP
B

bens42608

I get a full day with heavy usage on the extended battery. As for the camera, it works great now after the 893 uodate.

Do you leave 4g on or do u keep it off until you need it?

rghurtle

Reaction score
If I am in a 4g area I leave it on. If I am travelling with no plans being in 4g for awhile then I switch to 3g.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
If I want a freaking awesome phone, I get the Bionic. If I wanted a tablet I would consider the Razr. But as it stands, the Bionic is for me. I don't see the point of switching to the Razr and having all the same problems and then wanting to switch to the Rezound or Galaxy Nexus.

OP
B

bens42608

If I want a freaking awesome phone, I get the Bionic. If I wanted a tablet I would consider the Razr. But as it stands, the Bionic is for me. I don't see the point of switching to the Razr and having all the same problems and then wanting to switch to the Rezound or Galaxy Nexus.

+1 thanks legalamerican

dkgershe

Reaction score
thanks!

this is just the thread i have been looking for. I have been obsessing for 2 weeks now, bionic, razr, bionic, razr. love the screen of the razr next to the bionic, and didn't know if i could "compromise" on the bionic screen once i saw the razr, but never thought about outdoor use. the bionic screen isn't bad, but side by side the razr is super saturated and colors pop. glad to hear that others love the bionic screen and that the whites are great. just love everything else about the bionic, especially the price tag. the battery issue is a big one too so that has helped to sway my decision back to the bionic camp. i was so worried that it was a "defunct" phone even though it is brand new. i think i will go with it. this really helped guys, thanks again!!

ps does anyone have info if ] the updates have fixed all the problems bionic users are experiencing? any word on when ics is coming?

OP
B

bens42608

this is just the thread i have been looking for. I have been obsessing for 2 weeks now, bionic, razr, bionic, razr. love the screen of the razr next to the bionic, and didn't know if i could "compromise" on the bionic screen once i saw the razr, but never thought about outdoor use. the bionic screen isn't bad, but side by side the razr is super saturated and colors pop. glad to hear that others love the bionic screen and that the whites are great. just love everything else about the bionic, especially the price tag. the battery issue is a big one too so that has helped to sway my decision back to the bionic camp. i was so worried that it was a "defunct" phone even though it is brand new. i think i will go with it. this really helped guys, thanks again!!

ps does anyone have info if ] the updates have fixed all the problems bionic users are experiencing? any word on when ics is coming?

I don't mean to sway your opinion but one thing you should remember is that Verizon is sneaky. At my Verizon store they keep the razr screen on 100% brightness and leave bionic on auto. If you get a chance, put them both on 100%. As for the update, it fixed everything for me... Idk bout everyone else. Biggest reason I kept the bionic is my extended battery. Im glad u liked this topic :) hope it helped

rasaun87

Reaction score
Forget both. Get a rezound. :)

sent from my HTC Vigor. ballin baby.

OP
B

bens42608

Forget both. Get a rezound. :)

Hahaha yeah right. Good one. I wanted one of the top 2 phones. That is a cool phone though if the others were all out if stock or something

rasaun87

Reaction score
Huh? Better screen, better quandrant scores, better gpu, I don't get it bro... Lol. And an updated 4g radio=no data drops. Phone for a week and nothing. Oh and I had bionic since it came out. So I know the issues. Data drop was a huge one and battery and brightness is best. The razr is just skinny.

OP
B

bens42608

Huh? Better screen, better quandrant scores, better gpu, I don't get it bro... Lol. And an updated 4g radio=no data drops. Phone for a week and nothing. Oh and I had bionic since it came out. So I know the issues. Data drop was a huge one and battery and brightness is best. The razr is just skinny.

Obviously u didn't update ur 4g radio but that's ur own fault for not downloading the update. It also took care of any data drops although I never had that problem. The better stuff u mentioned is better on paper and doesn't make it a better phone. Ur processor is underclocked because it can't handle the faster speed. It is basically the twin brother of my processor and everything else is a.matter of opinion or so small that it is negligible. Battery and brightness is best on bionic but I think that's what u said. These are the same generation phones and none are a step above the rest unless u base it on opinion. And I do not like the quality of htc's plastic phones or their cheap glass screens that are not scratch resistant. I highly favor my gorilla glass so sorry "bro" im not getting into this with you tonight. Btw this thread is for people having trouble deciding between the two best phones at verizon; bionic and razr so im curious as to why you decided to come in here this night. Are you trying to start trouble?

rasaun87

Reaction score
Obviously u didn't update ur 4g radio but that's ur own fault for not downloading the update. It also took care of any data drops although I never had that problem. The better stuff u mentioned is better on paper and doesn't make it a better phone. Ur processor is underclocked because it can't handle the faster speed. It is basically the twin brother of my processor and everything else is a.matter of opinion or so small that it is negligible. Battery and brightness is best on bionic but I think that's what u said. These are the same generation phones and none are a step above the rest unless u base it on opinion. And I do not like the quality of htc's plastic phones or their cheap glass screens that are not scratch resistant. I highly favor my gorilla glass so sorry "bro" im not getting into this with you tonight. Btw this thread is for people having trouble deciding between the two best phones at verizon; bionic and razr so im curious as to why you decided to come in here this night. Are you trying to start trouble?

Oh no good sir. Not trying to start anything, but to say these 2 are "the best vzw has to offer" is .... Well..... Wack. But your right, it is a matter of opinion, but spec wise it is up there with those phones and even the best of the best right now America has to offer, like sgs2 phones and the amaze and all them. I'm just sayin there are three great phones for the company and even if you don't believe me go look it up. Type in rezound in your search bar and just read the reviews, it considered either tied with the razr or the best phone on vzw. Just cuz it has the "DROID" branding doesn't mean its better. But no beef bro, just sayin.

OP
B

bens42608

Oh no good sir. Not trying to start anything, but to say these 2 are "the best vzw has to offer" is .... Well..... Wack. But your right, it is a matter of opinion, but spec wise it is up there with those phones and even the best of the best right now America has to offer, like sgs2 phones and the amaze and all them. I'm just sayin there are three great phones for the company and even if you don't believe me go look it up. Type in rezound in your search bar and just read the reviews, it considered either tied with the razr or the best phone on vzw. Just cuz it has the "DROID" branding doesn't mean its better. But no beef bro, just sayin.

What you're saying is "wack" "bro". This is not a DROID bionic vs DROID razr vs htc rezound thread. And I do not need to type that into my search bar I already know its specs and have used it. In my opinion none of the phones you have listed interest me and didnt posess a special quality for the DROID name. This style is not always able to be listed on a spec sheet :) . U r trying to justify buying the rezound to yourself and that's cool but this is not the thread for you. The people here are not considering buying an htc rezound. That's enough please. Goodnight. If you're bored or confused you should go back to my last post and read it more carefully as it might be helpful to you :) . Best wishes to you, friend. Goodbye

rasaun87

Reaction score
Ohh... Ok. I hope I didn't make u mad for saying slang, I guess i should type in a forum the same way I would type on a essay. Anywho, ok. I didn't want to start anything, I just said there is more than the two. I hope my word usage doesn't take away from my associate degree and my soon to be gotten bachelors in criminal justice. But yea goodnight friend. :)