Vzw tier 2 tech manager says Bionic "not real dual core"

RobClay18838

Reaction score
Funny thing...I just ran a quadrant of 2235 and when I got done, opened up the system info page of the Quadrant App. Under CPU it states 1000mhz....Cores: 1, whats up with that?
I think the Quadrant app only registers 1 core. Cant think of the other app that does both though.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder how accurate quadrant is. Score now. For those who can't make it out. Its 1872.

Sent from my BIONIC out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Sent from my BIONIC out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

timo2824

Reaction score
My Bionic averages 2200 to 2400 on quadrant with a all time hi of 2508.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Quadrant scores really prove nothing...

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quadrant is unreliable. Real world tests are the king. You can also try antutu and smartbench but I don't really like any of those performance testing apps....those ones are better than quadrant though.

I get 2200 on my inc2 running aosp but it is definitely not as fast as the bionic in real world speed.

Sent from my Incredible 2

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Quadrant is unreliable. Real world tests are the king. You can also try antutu and smartbench but I don't really like any of those performance testing apps....those ones are better than quadrant though.

I get 2200 on my inc2 running aosp but it is definitely not as fast as the bionic in real world speed.

Sent from my Incredible 2

I got 1600 last night with my Droid 2. I doubt it should be that high at all.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I called VZW today to get another bionic. After still having data issues and noticing some dead pixels asked the rep if I could get a fru razr that rep said no. So I asked to speak with a tier 2 tech manager. Asked her about the razr. She said no in no certain terms.
Continued to say that the razr isnt comparable because it has the smart actions that the Bionic doesnt have (oh yeah pull the old apple 4s siri routine). That it isnt a TRUE dual core processor phone like the Razr is. I tried to say it was. But she said that's what Motorola told VZW directly. Now im even wondering. On quaderant tests for the Razr online showing the score over 2178 while the Bionic (atleast mine) only pulled 1560. I know the Razr has more cpu power. But it's only 200Mhz more. So what's the rep on about.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

90% of benchmarks are inaccurate. The 10% of almost accurate benchmarks.. my stock bionic is neck n neck or BETTER scoring than the rzr. Period. I dint know why ppl spend hours on the phone with vzw trying to get the same exact phone ...with. pentile screen and data problems... just wait to the damn fix drops. Geez

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
SYSTEM PANEL.... available in the market... download and open the application... on the left it shows a small dashboard with your CPU activity... click on that to expand the dashboard... Baam!! There's your two cores showing... one is running on top handling all the background activities and such... one core is dead... now put your finger on the screen and swipe up and down a few times keeping the CPU readouts visible.... Boom! You see the second core fire up to handle the screen input and then idle back down to zero.... just like a superhero sidekick ... always ready and waiting to handle the extra crap that would slow a normal device....

ebourlet

Reaction score
Quadrant 2472 for me...Hey how do you guys get the quadrant screen capture?

Reaction score
That it isnt a TRUE dual core processor phone like the Razr is. I tried to say it was. But she said that's what Motorola told VZW directly.

Then your response should have been: Well then, I want my money back, because you guys told me this was a dual core when I bought it, it's called false advertisement.

ripper2860

Reaction score
The VZ Tier2 tech obviously confused the Bionic with the Droid Charge and Samsung confused with Moto. ;)

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
The only customer/tech support more clueless than Verizon is Time Warner Cable.

Don't get me started...

bluezdawg

Reaction score
SYSTEM PANEL.... available in the market... download and open the application... on the left it shows a small dashboard with your CPU activity... click on that to expand the dashboard... Baam!! There's your two cores showing... one is running on top handling all the background activities and such... one core is dead... now put your finger on the screen and swipe up and down a few times keeping the CPU readouts visible.... Boom! You see the second core fire up to handle the screen input and then idle back down to zero.... just like a superhero sidekick ... always ready and waiting to handle the extra crap that would slow a normal device....

And as i understand, ICS will take serious advantage of both cores. Suspect you see similar inactivity in the RAZRs second core, it's only difference is being slightly over-clocked. Will be stopping by the Verizon store today, may strike-up a processor discussion for sport.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Stopped by Verizon store today, talked to one of the techs... said during one of the meetings this past week, it was made clear to them Bionic is dual core... also directed sales associates to direct technical inquiries to support folks. Said a few Bionic owners were inquiring ... pointed him to this thread.... LMAO

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk