My DROID Bionic woes

ShaneMA

Reaction score
On October 4th I purchased a DROID bionic from my local Verizon wireless store, excited as ever I unboxed the phone and began using it endlessly. After 13 days of having the phone, the screen developed pink and white streaks running up and down the screen, VZW replaced that phone. My second bionic had a phone speaker that would crackle when on voice calls, once again I went to Verizon and the woman had a replacement shipped to my house. The very first day of having my bionic, I noticed that the back speaker didn't work, so I called VZW up and spoke with someone who transferred me to tier 2 tech support, tier 2 offered to send me a 4th bionic, which then prompted me to ask about getting a different model DROID. He said that only a supervisor could do that, so then I asked for a supervisor. The super visor then offered me the DROID charge or the HTC thunderbolt. I declined both, as they are inferior phones. I opted to take a 4th bionic, but told the supervisor that when the 4th bionic broke, I would be calling back after november 10th to claim my DROID razr. The bionic has brought me to a new level of phone hell.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Wow, all i can say is wow, moto was known for build quality.. no much in your case thought..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
S

ShaneMA

Reaction score
I want to shoot myself in the foot. This is the buggiest phone I've ever had

rbw62

Reaction score
Oh thought this was the Thunderbolt Forum?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
this is similar to what happened with my and my X, I had to get a CLNR after the X got the GB update because something in the process borked my phone which had up to that point been stellar. I went through 4 refurbs before demanding they let me upgrade to a different phone.. which is when I got my Bionic.

OP
S

ShaneMA

Reaction score
Nope, I believe you're mistaken lol

OP
S

ShaneMA

Reaction score
this is similar to what happened with my and my X, I had to get a CLNR after the X got the GB update because something in the process borked my phone which had up to that point been stellar. I went through 4 refurbs before demanding they let me upgrade to a different phone.. which is when I got my Bionic.
I think after 4 phones theyll let me swap, it has been a nightmare

DeSoto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Remind me not to let you borrow my phone
:biggrin:

jrudq

Reaction score
I am returning mine tomorrow and do have the choice for a refund or any phone I choose. I am don't feel any better about waiting for the razr though. Is there any reason to believe it won't be the same situation? I am an absolute noob, so fill me in.

916A2

Reaction score
I am returning mine tomorrow and do have the choice for a refund or any phone I choose. I am don't feel any better about waiting for the razr though. Is there any reason to believe it won't be the same situation? I am an absolute noob, so fill me in.
I doubt it...the RAZR has nearly identical guts to the Bionic and Atrix 2 and has the same firmware 2.3.5 so I have a feeling, unless they applied an update that will fix the issues we've all been having, that it's gonna fall victim to the much of the same.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The other thing about the RAZR is the battery is built in. I believe there's a reset button, but as the Bionic has the "Black Screen of Death" that can only be resolved by a battery pull, it's something to keep in mind. Since the update may resolve that it may not be an issue.

916A2

Reaction score
The other thing about the RAZR is the battery is built in. I believe there's a reset button, but as the Bionic has the "Black Screen of Death" that can only be resolved by a battery pull, it's something to keep in mind.
True story, I forgot about that.

Husker_fan_

Reaction score
I must've gotten lucky. Got mine on release day and haven't had enough problems to warrant complaining. I figure alot comes with technology. You want the newest, then you deal with the tech issues. Otherwise go with something older that's had the bugs worked out.