Upgrade to Bionic or raxr from DX

Gunner67

Reaction score
I cant decide whether to get the bionic or razr I currently have the dx with extended battery and am worried about lte battery drains on the new phone. How do you all like the bionic compared to the dx and razr?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
It's a preference... you want thinner or a removable battery is what it basically comes down to.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
Personally, I like the form factor on the bionic better, the razr feels too sharp to me, too thin. If you're worried about battery life, the bionic has the extended battery, or you could get a maxx. It's really up to your preference, though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have both. Since the update, my bionic has turned into a great phone. My RAZR MAXX on the other hand, has turned Into a quirky clumsy phone. But the next update will probably fix that. Both phones are awesome. You can't lose either way

Did u know there is an update coming for the DX??? It will hopefully fix alot of that phones issues.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Both are awesome phones and pretty comparable. I have had the Bionic, RAZR and currently have the RAZR Maxx. You can't go wrong with any of them. The Bionic with an extended battery gets awesome battery life. Not as good as the Maxx but it is close.

And don't put too much merit into comments about the Bionic being a bad phone. Sure there are some that have had issues. But there are also many who have had nothing but a great experience with it. I personally had zero issues with mine. For every phone that is released you will have some that have problems. But remember people with bad experiences are more vocal than those with good ones.

OP
G

Gunner67

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies! I am wondering if the size of the bionic with extended battery is comparable to the dx with extended battery in terms of weight and battery life using lte 4g as I am used to the droid x already

felixtibs

Reaction score
Bionic is problem free nowadays for all. It wasn'T four months ago. Good price too

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rdgxray

Reaction score
I have both bionic and razr...basically same phone ....they have different screens though....bionic is easy to see all the time even in bright sunlight ...the razr is a touch darker with super amoled screen ...in sunlight I can see it but not as well...they both auto adjust brightness with a sensor...works great 99% of the time...I play hex defense ...it is so dark on razr I almost can't see hexes....I could turn off automatic brightness and fix it but it is a small inconvenience ...watching movies on razr through Netflix works great and screen looks awesome ...little bit of a trade off with the razr's screen ....the external speaker on razr is very loud if you like streaming music...on lowest volume angry birds is still easy to hear...I enjoy them both...just slightly different experience with each...would use either and be happy....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies! I am wondering if the size of the bionic with extended battery is comparable to the dx with extended battery in terms of weight and battery life using lte 4g as I am used to the droid x already

Here's a picture of the Bionic with the Motorola Extended Battery. It is rated at 2760 mAh and adds about 1/8" to the thickness (and 1 oz to the weight).

IMG_5972.jpg

That being said, there are 3 other extended batteries, aside from Motorola's, available for the Bionic. Mugen makes 2; one is rated at 2000 mAh for $42 and the other is 4000 mAh for $98. Seidio makes one rated at 3500 mAh for about $55. The 2000 mAh one from Mugen fits in the same area as the OEM battery so you'll use the original door. All the others add to the thickness in varying degrees.

OP
G

Gunner67

Reaction score
So you think the screen is better on the bionic??

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bionic's screen is generally said to be better in sunlight, but I recommend going to a Verizon store and trying both.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
So you think the screen is better on the bionic??

Not necessarily better. Just different. Both look good. The RAZR gets points for being more vivid and the Bionic for sunlight visibility.

Tap'd to the Maxx

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
RAZR is thinner, has non removable battery. The MAXX has a larger battery and isn't as thin but is still thinner than the Bionic. Bionic has an awesome look, removable battery, not as thin, does good in sunlight.

skruid

Reaction score
just get a galaxy nexus, it is a great phone I love it, zero issues, unlock able bootloader, custom kernels and roms, android 4.0

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
just get a galaxy nexus, it is a great phone I love it, zero issues, unlock able bootloader, custom kernels and roms, android 4.0

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Glad you like your Gnex but it wasn't an option for the OP.

Tap'd to the Maxx