Droid Bionic - What we think we know

Zetsumei

Reaction score
I really hope we are wrong about what we think we know

With those specs the bionic will already be behind the game.

If this is going to be verizons "flag ship phone" it should have:

1.2ghz+ dual core

13mp camera

4.3-4.5 qhd non pentile display

HDMI

1gb dedicated memory, no shared web dock bs

32gb sd card

1.2ghz+ dual core (possible)

13mp camera (Dinara or next high end phone)

4.3-4.5 qhd non pentile display (Moto <3's pentile)

HDMI (yes)

1gb dedicated memory, no shared web dock bs (likely)

32gb sd card (hopefully)

1.2Ghz will easily be accomplished once the phone is rooted and overclocked. Also, in term of storage, I would rather it be like the Droid 3, with 16GB of internal memory, and a MicroSD card slot. It would be a bit faster that way.

He's talking about stock speed of 1.2ghz not OC.

bigdad63

Reaction score
Size and display – The Bionic will be coming in at a staggering 4.5”, but the screen itself will be a 4.3” qHD...

So if the screen is 4.3", what does the 4.5" measurement refer to?

Overall dimension of the device.. the screen itself can be 4.3, but theres also room needed for the home buttons and speaker/camera/Front facing sensors

Screen is screen, not peripherals or front face measurement.

BeerManMike

Reaction score
I really hope we are wrong about what we think we know

With those specs the bionic will already be behind the game.

If this is going to be verizons "flag ship phone" it should have:

1.2ghz+ dual core

13mp camera

4.3-4.5 qhd non pentile display

HDMI

1gb dedicated memory, no shared web dock bs

32gb sd card

HDMI (yes)

32gb sd card (hopefully)

Unless i totally missed something why would they not have a webtop for this phone? Am i wrong or did motorola not say they are going to have ALL new phones with this "feature"? Also didn't we debunk the theory of the RAM being "shared" or "taken" by the webtop function as long as said function is not in use, or not docked, giving ~800 or so of the 1gig of the RAM for the phone to use?

A2Aegis

Reaction score

HDMI (yes)

32gb sd card (hopefully)

1.2Ghz will easily be accomplished once the phone is rooted and overclocked. Also, in term of storage, I would rather it be like the Droid 3, with 16GB of internal memory, and a MicroSD card slot. It would be a bit faster that way.

I know he is, but if you really want 1.2ghz, you certainly have the option of doing it yourself.

Covington

Reaction score

I know he is, but if you really want 1.2ghz, you certainly have the option of doing it yourself.

True, but imagine already having 1.2ghz and then OC. Amazing.

EFGantry

Reaction score
i was just taking a jab at Moto, and the debacle that has become the Bionic release. :)

never in my wildest nightmares did i ever think we would see a release farce top that of the TB - but i think the Bionic is coming close... :icon_ devil:

OP
Java

Java

Reaction score
I have updated the original post with a bit of clarification (especially with display). I have also pieced a few images in to the read so that it's a bit more entertaining to read and gives a little bit of flair. I know you guys love flair. More flair, right? :icon_ banana:

i was just taking a jab at Moto, and the debacle that has become the Bionic release. :)

never in my wildest nightmares did i ever think we would see a release farce top that of the TB - but i think the Bionic is coming close... :icon_ devil:

I never thought anything could top the looney bin that was the TB release. I mean, 'postponed' like 6 months, resized (smaller) battery, nicknamed the Blunderbolt, the "It's not your dreamphone, it's the one after that, and after that, and after that, and after that..." campaign was just all win.

CaptM

Reaction score
I really hate to say it, but I must admit that this is all just a bit funny and I have seen it before with other technologies. Something "Extraordinary" is announced, then maybe pushed back a bit and everyone is chomping at the bit. speculation runs rampant, "I heard this from so-and-so", here's something new, just to keep the juices flowing. But in the end, until something is officially released, none of us really knows anything. And I have gotten sucked into this trap also, Hey, it happens and it does make it more enjoyable, but I now find myself scouring the search sites for any new info, I'm hooked, I need my daily fix, who said what, this site is reporting this, THERE'S A NEW PIC!!!!, "Turns out this was fake", and in the end, what do we do? Wake up the next day and do the exact same thing that we did the day before. Guess we all need a little something to look forward to. :)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guess we all need a little something to look forward to. :)

You've hit the nail on the head. We all just need something to look forward to and sadly tech info is exciting to a lot of us.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea my first pre release, rumored phone thread was the Droid X1, back then it was the Shadow. I think after my next phone I may just stay of the forums so I can enjoy my phone for at least 2 months before I want the next latest n greatest...

Vito.a

Reaction score
Java, thanks for consolidating all the info.

For the person that said this is ALL speculation, that's not entirely true. Verizons web page does give us some solid specs, but just enough to wet our appetites.