Car hookup

g8rdd

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to get a device to hook a Droid 2 up to a car, as a present. I was hoping to find one that connects to the speakers and charges the phone... The last time I was in the car (I think it's a 2005 acura tsx), I briefly looked around and could not find a 3.5mm aux. plug. Can someone tell me what other options there are? I'd appreciate it!

B

bthomp21

Is car bluetooth capable?

If not, you would have to look at the cd player in the back and check if it has RCA input, then you could buy the red/white rca cable to 3.5mm jack.

Another option, not as good quality, but you could buy the FM transmitter.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what other options there are?
In addition to the ones above:
  • Replace the head unit
  • See if there's an aux in adapter for the factory stereo

Note that almost none of the solutions address charging the phone. There isn't a single dock connector, as on iOS devices, that both charge and handle audio output. In many situations 2 connections are required: one for the audio and one for power.

Is car bluetooth capable?
A2DP, specifically. For example, my Nissan Rogue has BT but it doesn't support A2DP -- which the OP would need to use the BT approach.

Another option, not as good quality, but you could buy the FM transmitter.
This should be a last resort unless you don't care about audio quality. Or maybe live in the sticks where there aren't many radio stations.

Last edited: