Bluetooth 3.5mm for car

OP
M

mischief316

Reaction score
Sure I guess that one would work. I prefer the Kensington because it has a remote that attaches to the steering wheel (so I can skip tracks, pause, and answer phone calls), and a USB power port so I can charge my phone too with having to waste another 12V plug.

-Mike

kensington is nice, but its wireless right?? i don't really see where i would connect the 3.5mm into my car or is already attached to the charger? how much did you pay for yours and where??

thanks!

It is attached to the unit and it comes with an extension cable in case your AUX-in is not right next to your 12V. The music and calls are sent from the phone via bluetooth, and the microphone is built into the 12V adapter piece as well.

Got mine on Amazon for $29.99.

-Mike

wowo 29.99???? thats good but they are like 64.99 now. must of been on special.

OP
M

mischief316

Reaction score
I routed a 3.5 cable in my car nicely, under the console, etc.

Cost: $0 :)

But to each their own.

I tried it but my AUX is right below the stereo console and next to the shifter. i drive an 08 civic si. so everything is compact.

mcapozzi

Reaction score
I routed a 3.5 cable in my car nicely, under the console, etc.

Cost: $0 :)

But to each their own.

Yeah, but good luck answering a call.

Where I am, BT is a necessity, not just because of the law, but because the drivers in this area are just stupid.

-Mike

mcapozzi

Reaction score
kensington is nice, but its wireless right?? i don't really see where i would connect the 3.5mm into my car or is already attached to the charger? how much did you pay for yours and where??

thanks!

It is attached to the unit and it comes with an extension cable in case your AUX-in is not right next to your 12V. The music and calls are sent from the phone via bluetooth, and the microphone is built into the 12V adapter piece as well.

Got mine on Amazon for $29.99.

-Mike

wowo 29.99???? thats good but they are like 64.99 now. must of been on special.

Amazon had a lot more of them a couple months ago when I got mine.

Worldwide Distributors was the reseller that had them for $29.99.

-Mike

JimmyD

Reaction score
What's the name/model of the Kensington unit you guys have been discussing? (The one with the steering wheel attachment)

mcapozzi

Reaction score
The LiquidAUX for music phones.

They are getting kind of hard to find for less than $65 now.

It was $29.99 when I got mine.

-Mike

OP
M

mischief316

Reaction score
The LiquidAUX for music phones.

They are getting kind of hard to find for less than $65 now.

It was $29.99 when I got mine.

-Mike

Tell me about it. I've been looking for it EVERYWHERE. You got me all hype up but now i can't find it for less than 60 bucks. Even ebay wants good money for it. i'll keep looking.

thanks!

Kandiru

Reaction score
I have a 2008 GM Navi radio in my SAAB and been using this USASpec PA-20GM piggybacked into the XM module in the trunk for 2 years with a dedicated old iPod:

usaspecpa11ipodadapter1.jpg

Now, when i want Slacker radio from my DX, i link it to this BTAV01 (ebay.co.uk) from CONNECTS2 , which is plugged into the above and resting sandwiched under the parcel shelf:
2007_08_03_11_34_40_BTAV01.jpg

Then all i have to do is hit the "Aux" on the hacked by the USASpec XM GM radio screen to get BT audio.

The big plus is i get ID3 tagging on the Navi display on my music on the old iPod in the trunk, and no extra cables.
Also no more signal degradation from all the D/A and A/D conversions that occur when using the 3.5mm jack.
Lastly, clean dash, a must for the Euro car fan!

Also leasing-and-abusing afficionados just pull all the connectors with no mess at the end.

This AutoZone accessory really helped for a clean safe install, and don't forget the
silver bearing solder over the terminations and wire loom over the cables unless
you keep a fire extinguisher in car:)

1408-2028-51119.jpg

Hope this helps, been up and running without a glitch for 2 days.

Last edited:

M1dnite

Reaction score
I'm going to bring this back up.. I'm looking for a good solution that is BT AUX however, I want a speaker phone too. the Liquid AUX is like 70 dollars now. I dont mind paying, but if people got them for like 30 then I rather not pay that much.