Bluetooth 3.5mm for car

mischief316

Reaction score
Hi all,
my car has a 3.5mm (female) input jack where i connect my droid with male 3.5mm cable. Works ok, but dont like the cable, because from time to time it tangles on the shifter (manual trans).

wondering if anyone has tried to connect any bluetooth device that will have a 3.5mm that will connect to my cars stereo and i can pair it with DROID to avoid this cable tangles.

I saw some in amazon, they call them bluetooth transmitters or receivers, but they are quite pricey for something that i dont even know if it might work or not.

Has one tried this?? if so let me know what has worked.

i appreciate it.

thanks!!

ACalcutt

Reaction score
I am using the "blackberry bluetooth stereo gateway" (Review: BlackBerry Remote Stereo Gateway | CrackBerry.com)

It works well most of the time but sometimes i have to re-connect to get sound. I have to wired to an hidden spot in my car. When I reset my phone I need to pull it out to reset to power tand make it discoverable, but otherwise it is always on and I never touch it

I also have Motorola DC800, which is a lot bigger and I don't think sounded as good. I am using it with my home stereo because it just didn't work well in my car.

OP
M

mischief316

Reaction score
This one seems good. Its fifty bucks though. How much did you pay? I'll read more into this one. Anyone else using something similar?

theecigarman

Reaction score
I have used a Sony Bluetooth attachment on my old treo to make it connect to a stereo BT headset. I think it was $20.00 on Amazon a couple years ago. Basically you plug it in to whatever side (receiving or sending) and it works with whatever the adapter is paired to. You might look for one of those.

It seems confusing at first, but once you sit down, pair it with the handset, plug the sony adapter into your stereo, and start playing your music through the handset; it all comes together.

mcapozzi

Reaction score
OP
M

mischief316

Reaction score

Sure I guess that one would work. I prefer the Kensington because it has a remote that attaches to the steering wheel (so I can skip tracks, pause, and answer phone calls), and a USB power port so I can charge my phone too with having to waste another 12V plug.

-Mike

kensington is nice, but its wireless right?? i don't really see where i would connect the 3.5mm into my car or is already attached to the charger? how much did you pay for yours and where??

thanks!

mcapozzi

Reaction score

Sure I guess that one would work. I prefer the Kensington because it has a remote that attaches to the steering wheel (so I can skip tracks, pause, and answer phone calls), and a USB power port so I can charge my phone too with having to waste another 12V plug.

-Mike

kensington is nice, but its wireless right?? i don't really see where i would connect the 3.5mm into my car or is already attached to the charger? how much did you pay for yours and where??

thanks!

It is attached to the unit and it comes with an extension cable in case your AUX-in is not right next to your 12V. The music and calls are sent from the phone via bluetooth, and the microphone is built into the 12V adapter piece as well.

Got mine on Amazon for $29.99.

-Mike

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I routed a 3.5 cable in my car nicely, under the console, etc.

Cost: $0 :)

But to each their own.