Noise Transfered to Droid by VZW Car Charger

Trek6500mt

Reaction score
I have posted in a few other are'a but haven't received but a couple of returns. So I have the Motorola Droid, "Love It!" I'm using it to send streaming audio from Pandora through a 3.5mm male to male cable to my XM receivers Aux input port, then transmit it via FM xmiter to my car stereo. Now you would think with all these possibliies for noise in all the connections and such it wouldnt be the VZW car charger. But as soon as you unplug the phone from the charger the noise stops and it sounds beautiful. Now one forum member said he had the same problem and read that Bluetooh was the only way to stop the noise. Could this be true? This would make my Droid to me usless until I purchased a new Bluetooth A2DP compatible stereo for the truck. Shouldn't have to do that. So does anyone know of a car charger for the Droid that is insulated or have used one in the same way I'm using mine without the noise problem? I would be very greatful for any info.

Thanks in advance.!!

OP
Trek6500mt

Trek6500mt

Reaction score
Well its the trucks cigarette lighter. I wonder if there is a hard wired charger that could be installed? I called crutchfield asking if they knew of any type of filter I could install, but they said they only have filters for speakers. Maybe I need to replace the whole lighter...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would look for a loose connection and check your battery cables....

dfwdroid

Reaction score
i have tried on 6 different cars and they are all doing that high pitch noise as you accelerate :(

OP
Trek6500mt

Trek6500mt

Reaction score

HeroNova

Reaction score
I get a high pitched noise during acceleration and a crackling static like noise all the time while I'm charging the phone and using for music at the same time. When I unplug it and just use the aux port it is crystal clear for the most part.

Maybe I'll try out that noise filter

OP
Trek6500mt

Trek6500mt

Reaction score

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yup...Simple install. I think that one is $5