Connecting Droid to Car Speakers

jrm1475

Reaction score
I want to be able to play my MP3's and Pandora through my car speakers.

If I bought the HTC Droid Eris 3.5mm Stereo Coiled AUX Cable (or any other male to male 3.5mm AUX cable) and plugged it in, would that accomplish my goal, assuming my car has a 3.5mm plug?

If the answer to that is yes, will the songs pause when I get incoming calls? If I do get a call, will I be able to talk back through my speakers, or would I just need to keep the phone on speaker, or what? (and if I kept the phone on speaker, would that actually work?)

Thanks.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
I want to be able to play my MP3's and Pandora through my car speakers.

If I bought this or any other male to male 3.5mm AUX cable and plugged it in, would that accomplish my goal, assuming my car has a 3.5mm plug?

If the answer to that is yes, will the songs pause when I get incoming calls? If I do get a call, will I be able to talk back through my speakers, or would I just need to keep the phone on speaker, or what? (and if I kept the phone on speaker, would that actually work?)

Thanks.

Yes to the first two questions.

Not sure about the third.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Your link didn't work, but presuming you are linking to a wire with two 3.5 mm jacks, then yes, assuming your car has an auxilary port to accept it, then you will be able to play your music through your car stereo.

Yes, the music will pause when you get an incoming call.

You will be able to listen to the call through the car speakers, but the Droid will need to be close enough to you for you to speak into the mic of the phone (otherwise, you will sound like you are talking through a tin can)

Works fine in my Saturn Vue that way.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you plug anything in your droid it will act as if you have headphones or external speakers plugged in, doesn't matter that it's actually a car. so yes to all accounts. music will work, if whatever program you are using (tunewiki, pandora, slacker, iheartradio, etc..) pauses when you get a call, the same will be true if headphones are plugged in. you could test by having someone call you while playing music with your selected player. and you can talk on the phone using HEADPHONES without having to use a HEADSET, so yes, that will work too, though you might have to put the phone on speaker so that the mic will pick up everything in the car instead of just 2" away from it... but you could test that using standard headphones too.

crspang

Reaction score
I use an FM transmitter but the end result is the same. It works very well for me. I have the phone mounted in the moto car mount next to the rearview mirror and the people I talk to have said that thay can hear me really well. The only thing I've noticed is that the voice search while in car mode didn't work. The phone was responding as though the microphone wasn't enabled for that feature, but phone calls worked fine.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
yes and yes

it's a great alternative ot the radio, which i gave up on years ago.