How to play pandora through car stereo?

barrondl

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I was wondering how I can play pandora through my aftermarket (pioneer) head unit. It has a usb attachment but when I plug in my Droid 2 the sound still comes out of the droid not my car speakers. I know that I can play my mp3s through the usb but I would like to listen to pandora through the speakers.

Is this possible?

THanks!

nubby

Reaction score
Does it have an auxiliary input?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
B

barrondl

Reaction score
aux input

it has a wire running from the head unit that you can plug usb directly into

Sal R.

Reaction score
Can't push audio thru USB.

Only ways are BT A2DP or use the aux input from the headphone jack on your phone.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
You cannot play it through a usb connection, you will need a headphone to RCA adapter and will of course need rca inputs on your head unit. Some pioneer units have them built in, some have yet another adapter that you would need. Look to see on the back if it has a red and white rca connector labeled RCA INPUT or Auxilary Input. If you do not have rca in, the answer is no.

OP
B

barrondl

Reaction score
pioneer DEH 6000ub

THis is my head unit...im pretty sure it has 3 sets of rca inputs

beezyb

Reaction score
I have been using a motot505 fm xmitter with pandora. Works pretty good, but not as good of quality as a 3.5mm.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droideye

Reaction score
I have been using a motot505 fm xmitter with pandora. Works pretty good, but not as good of quality as a 3.5mm.
I use the same thing. The quality was awesome until Froyo. Hopefully will be better after the next update. It's a rather expensive unit ($100), but worth it. My deck is a Pioneer aftermarket as well.

B

bthomp21

Look into the bluetooth adapter or just go with the RCA hookups to the 3.5mm jack.

edit, reading about it. it has aux in. so buy an aux cable and hook it up in the back and then run it to your droid. it is cheap and radio shack, etc will have them fairly cheap. can be done fast too.

OP
B

barrondl

Reaction score
Success!

Thanks everyone, i just took out my head unit and plugged in a head phone cable...everything works....sound quality isnt the greatest but it will do

Thanks!

B

bthomp21

make sure you have pandora set to high quality in the settings

jroal

Reaction score
I use the Motorola T605 bluetooth stereo streaming with hands free calling. I have installed 4 of these. I bought the last couple from eBay for under $50. I have the installations well documented here: https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/234643#234643

It is the best way to listen to your music, or Pandora, or any other stereo music streaming service. You can operate many features without ever removing your phone from your pocket.

I also created an application to manage the media volume when you connect to a bluetooth streaming device. You can find that on Android Market. Just search for "A2DP Volume". Or, just scan this QR code:
QR.png

This app is free and open source. The open source project is here: a2dpvolume - Project Hosting on Google Code

Hope that helps.

Fairysmom

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
So II recently moved from iPhone toDroid. I have always been able to use the USB to run Pandora from my iPhone. I just don't see how there would be a difference whether it's one brand or another

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum @Fairysmom ! You shouldn't have a problem playing Pandora on your vehicles stereo from your new Android. Let us know if you have any problems & we'll point you in the right direction.

S5 tap'n