Car radio and droid

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I saw the T505 at Frys and had decided to buy that once I can justify the cost. My car had an aux in, but I dont like having a wire sticking out of the deck and the Droid on the seat, but for now Im dealing with it.

With the 505 can you play Pandora or any other streaming audio through BT or not?

Nidisa

Reaction score
YAY!! Finally, someone here may be able to help me with my issue getting my droid music through my car speakers.

Here are my facts:
The car in question is a 1995 Buick Regal-don't laugh! You'll all be jealous when I tell you that I was GIVEN this car that had one owner who lived in Chicago and only drove it....get this now...16,000 miles between 95 and 2008! That's right. I own a fully loaded Regal that today has 24k miles and was FREE :) Radio antenna is electric and is on the back quarter panel.

I have a Jabra SP700 that clips to the sun visor. Used to be able to bluetooth to it and voice dial through the Jabra just fine...but we all know the issues with that and the Droid. Anyway, it also allows you to connect to your radio via FM. It tells you to dial to an FM station on your radio and then you just turn your music on your droid and voila...music through the car speakers.

PROBLEM: The sound quality is AWFUL! Static static static. Unless...I TOUCH the Jabra. Then, it's as clear as a bell. As long as I touch/hold the Jabra, the sound quality is beautiful. Stop touching...and it goes to hell.

WHY??? And what is the fix?? The radio is obviously the stock radio that is installed with the car, has a tape deck in it. When I just play a station, the sound is great. Four speakers...lovely sound. Just when I use the Jabra does it go to hell.

Any thoughts/solutions??

styx

Reaction score
In both of my cars, I pulled the radio out and installed auxiliary inputs. So now I just have a hidden cable running from the radio into the center console and I can just plug my droid or mp3 player right into it. It can be a little cumbersome ripping the dashboard apart depending on what car you have, but it's worth it for the sound quality. And you can probably find some nice tutorials or forums explaining the process for your specific car.

I was sorta lucky in that both cars had radios that were satellite ready, which allowed me to buy a simple unit that plugs into a port on the back of the radio and allows me to run a regular audio cable to the center console. The solution to your particular car could be a little different.
I've done this as well. It really does give you the best quality. Crutchfield was very helpful in finding me the right model. Some radios however are not capable of doing this.