Use droid to play music in car speakers

brando56894

Reaction score
Id recommend buying a car charger (kind of obvious) and a dock (get the official one if you want but its kind of a rip off since all it is is a clip that holds your droid in place and a suction cup, and the magnet that activates "car home", the store I went to wanted $50 for it but I got him down to $35 and was pretty disappointed to find out it was just a piece of plastic, no included charger like the multimedia dock)

Get the Moto dock from Best Buy - comes with the charger.
$40 - best accessory by far for the Droid IMO.

yea I should have shopped around but it was a spur of the moment kind of thing, my stuff cost about $60 total. I could return it all but I just dont feel like going through the hassle. I should have immediately returned it when I found out the dock didnt come with a charger but I didnt, oh well.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Ok I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but A2DP is what makes a car stereo capable of streaming music (thanks Speeding Wheels, that really pointed me in the right direction) and AVRCP is what allows the user to control his device from the stereo unit.

Here is a link that has helped me narrow down my search

Bluetooth Profiles A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, and HFP

It explains the separate bluetooth profiles needed to accomplish certain things.

nateccnn

Reaction score
If ur car stereo has bluetooth u can connect it that way and play all ur music.

I'd definitely like to learn how to do this! I currently have my Droid synched to my vehicles (2010 GMC Sierra) Bluetooth for incoming & outgoing phone calls....but am unware that you can use that function to listen to music.

Any further help would be appreciated. :smile:

I've got the same truck in a Chevy flavor. My wife has a 2007 GMC Yukon. Same stereo head. Mine allows blue tooth connection from radio to the phone and hers does not. I think GMC yanked the BT feature in an effort to boost On Star sales. It's the same danged stereo.

Nate

gddyup

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Ford Expy EL Limited with the aux input for the stereo. I used my droid a few months ago to play a local radio station that streams when we got out of range of it's broadcast. Iheartradio + Droid + aux imput = pure music entertainment while on the road!!

If your factory radio does not have an aux input, you may want to look into a wiring harness that can give you that capability if BT is not an option.

SoDroid

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good FM transmitter solution? This seems like the cheapest option until I buy a new deck for my car.

Thanks in advance!

superglen99

Reaction score
I have the motorola t505 bluetooth fm transmitter and it works awesome. Automatically picks the station with the least static and anounces it and pairs with your phone. pauses for incoming calls and says the number and resumes when you are done. totally hands free and worth the money.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea I bought one of those casette adapter things for my ipod 3 years ago for my jeep cherokee and now it doesnt work and I cant get it out of the cassette dock..

OP
Droidemz

Droidemz

Reaction score
I have the motorola t505 bluetooth fm transmitter and it works awesome. Automatically picks the station with the least static and anounces it and pairs with your phone. pauses for incoming calls and says the number and resumes when you are done. totally hands free and worth the money.

Does the cig adapter charger for the unit also work to charge our phones?

I just bought a seido innocase and a oem car charger from amazon for now, want to research more into getting best quality sound device for car.

SoDroid

Reaction score

Thanks for this! Just ordered one from Amazon.com!

pjo1966

Reaction score
When playing music via Bluetooth, does it just play music that's stored on the device and SD card, or would music streaming from pandora work as well?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the replies, I guess I'm just looking for something that would have the best quality and would either plug into the cigarette adapter, don't have a cassette player so thats not an option, anyone have a brand that's great quality? honda civic 2004 LX, don't think i have an aux input I've never seen it if I do
Quite a few companies makes line in and iPod adapters for factory stereos. Here's one option for your car (with iPod and Aux):
USA SPEC: iPod to Vehicle Interfaces

Also check out DICE, Blitzsafe, Peripheral Electronics, etc.

Can anyone recommend a good FM transmitter solution?
IIRC there are a lot of threads on the various options in the Accessories subforum. However, IMO there's no such thing as a good FM transmitter.

Shusuke028

Reaction score

I know this may be a stupid question, but to use the motorola t505, does my car need to have a bluetooth interface? or is it like a normal fm transmitter where u choose a radio station and turn to that station on my car radio and it's playing.

So as I understand, it's an FM transmitter that uses bluetooth to communicate with my phone ONLY

BKS

Reaction score

I know this may be a stupid question, but to use the motorola t505, does my car need to have a bluetooth interface? or is it like a normal fm transmitter where u choose a radio station and turn to that station on my car radio and it's playing.

So as I understand, it's an FM transmitter that uses bluetooth to communicate with my phone ONLY

I believe that is the case. I'm interested to know for sure as well. Would be nice to stream the music from my ohone to my cars speakers. However I'd like to know if it would interfere w/ my OEM in-care Bluetooth for voice calls???

zMd113

Reaction score
I use my iPod nano, I just plug into my Pioneer system. It's the only reason to have an iPod for me.

Hyde895

Reaction score
I have an Itrip, its sweet cause i can plug in my usb cable to charge it