Car audio connector with no AUX outlet?

JSmallS

Reaction score
I had one of those Monster ones but even then had problems with static from other stations just driving from one city to the next. I hated that. I found this product which i use daily and the sound quality is incredible. I have never heard an FM transmitter so freakin clear, and believe me i have tried a couple different ones. This thing sounds like you are listening to a cd in the car. I even happened to find a Youtube video review of it the other day too. Hope that helps, its a non invasive way of getting your phone through your car.

BPB

Reaction score

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really?? Am I the only person withOUT an AUX outlet in my car stereo? I can imagine this being an issue for other Droid users...

I find this irritating.

My Prius doesn't (it's an '05; the aux came in in '06), but the stereo had an input for satellite and I used a gizmo from Dice to connect to that. I use it for both my iPod (it displays on the screen) and my Sirius/XM radio via the aux input. There are some FM transmitters like the one at http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kezceitYJ74/p_142FMMOD02/Scosche-FM-MOD02.html?search=car+modulator that's supposed to work as well. You plug it into the radio via the antenna input and plug the antenna wire into that.

Last edited:

purplezepplin

Reaction score
I am using the Motorola T505 speaker phone. It works much better than FM modulator I tried with my ipod a couple years ago. Never had to change radio station on 6 hour trip. Got mine at Amazon under $60.

TAFidler

Reaction score
Connect your Droid to your Cars stereo!

Best Buy has the perfect option to connect your drid to your car stereo, stock aftermarket, aux input or not and with great sound, Its made by iSimple. It appears for only Iphones but will work with driods or anyother phone with a 3.5mm jack. Hope this helps.

merkinmaker

Reaction score
I feel your pain OP, I have the same issue with my car stereo. I do think that the cheap RF modulator will be my first way to go. Radio Shack should have one. You would think a $400 stereo would have one...but oh well.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i dont have an aux port either but have a cassette player...so i bought a cassette adapter and plug it into my droid headset port. cost 12 bucks. :)

turdbogls

Reaction score
Really?? Am I the only person withOUT an AUX outlet in my car stereo? I can imagine this being an issue for other Droid users...

I find this irritating.
you are not the only one...most of the newer cars out there come with them, but my 02 jetta doesn't have one stock (easy add on tho)

but i am happy with my cassette player adapter...and for $5 i am not going to be replacing my headunit any time soon.

FYI, some stock radios have an AUX input on the back of the stereo, you would have to remove the entire thing to get to it, but if there was one on the back you could hook it up.

Last edited:

mikespe

Reaction score
There are universal Aux Inputs you can install very easily. I got one for my satellite radio and it works great on the factory radio...

Newegg.com - SCOSCHE FMMOD02 Universal FM Modulator for iPod & MP3s and Auxiliary Input Devices

82-586-085-S01

Big Fate

Reaction score
Aux outputs are horrible for sound.

Just replace the head unit in your car and get the one with the USB input. I play my music and charge my phone at the same time. Love it

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
I just bought a few Sony radios off ebay...cost about 95.00 after shipping.With wiring adapters and mounting kit they came in right around 120.00...I think the model was bmt 2800.....its got a 3.5mm input and bluetooth...radio sounds great thru bluetooth when a call comes in one tap of the radios volume button and it pauses the music player in the droid..turns down and let's you talk thru the radios crystal clear bluetooth speaking and you hear every word thru the cars speakers ..best 120 I spent.....I did all 3 of my vehicles ......

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BPB

Reaction score
I actually got a cheap one at Wall-Mart for about $9 and it works better than the Monster RF cables I've tried. Battery powered & sends a great signal to my stock radio. Wish I had it; can't remember the name.

Sent from my Moto Droid classic

MonKENy

Reaction score
Aux outputs are horrible for sound.

Just replace the head unit in your car and get the one with the USB input. I play my music and charge my phone at the same time. Love it

im thinking about getting Pioneer DEH-3300UB CD receiver at Crutchfield.com soon.

I was wondering of I could use the usb port to play music off a droid. I was going to just buy a dedicated usb drive and use that but the droid would be best, than I could keep listening even outside the truck. whats the memory on the droid X?