What's a good Bluetooth Car Stereo?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I disagree with you on that. While Alpine has good products, so does Kenwood. I have run both Kenwood and Alpine in several vehicles and I prefer Kenwood unless you are talking about Alpine PDX Amps and Type R subs. The Excelon head units are great and Alpine headunits can be very touchy if you decide to use your phone as a USB drive.

X

Nope, I mean as far as audio output, ease of use, and reliablity. Kenwood isn't bad by any means but still falls into "feature for the dollar" while Alpine is still considered high end...being that they invented high-end car stereo to begin with.

Sent from my Untouchable TB using Xparent Red Tapatalk

OP
O

ohioDroid

Reaction score
What about JVC?

There's now a JVC KD-X50-BT stereo. You lose having a CD player, but it's described as being fully capable Bluetooth-wise with an Android phone for audio streaming, control, and Pandora. It also has a front USB jack (that provides up to an amp, so it can charge your phone too) and an auxiliary input. They also provide a microphone so you can do hands-free voice conversations.

JVC KD-X50BT Digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com

fireman00

Reaction score
I love Crutchfield, very helpful and their applet that lets you narrow down what will fit your vehicle and what options you're looking for works very well. My MAXX connects to my new JVC every time. The only thing I don't like is that the radio controls don't work as well as I had hoped for Slacker, it does work well for Pandora. I'm moving to iheartradio, hopefully the controls will work for that app.

William_04_x

Reaction score
What about JVC?

There's now a JVC KD-X50-BT stereo. You lose having a CD player, but it's described as being fully capable Bluetooth-wise with an Android phone for audio streaming, control, and Pandora. It also has a front USB jack (that provides up to an amp, so it can charge your phone too) and an auxiliary input. They also provide a microphone so you can do hands-free voice conversations.

JVC KD-X50BT Digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com

The factory headunit in my company vehicle started having some issues in January. I went looking for a BT HU and ended up buying the KDX50BT. It's considered a mechless deck, as it's made for digital media, and has no moving parts. It connects quickly and streams MP3 audio just fine. The hands free functions are easy to use, and I rarely hear complaints about call quality. When I do it's because I have an open window.

The only complaint I have is that's it's a little underpowered. I put a new pair of infinity door speakers in along with the HU, and they definitely need an amp to drive them.

This is no high end HU by any means, but it adds a lot of convenience for a small amount of cash.

From RAZR MAXX

jdroid80

Reaction score
I bought the Pioneer DEH-P9400BH for about $200 for my truck. Its a sweet radio. It connects to my RAZR through Bluetooth and can stream Pandora through it, and make phone calls.

I'm totally happy with it.

My91sho

Reaction score
That and Kenwood doesn't hold a candle to Alpine...and I sell both brands.

Sent from my Untouchable TB using Xparent Red Tapatalk

"Sell"...So...you're a salesman and not an Installer like myself?

Word of advise original poster...don't ever listen to a salesmen. They mess tons of stuff up that we have to fix EVERYDAY. They know what sells, not what works

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
"Sell"...So...you're a salesman and not an Installer like myself?

Word of advise original poster...don't ever listen to a salesmen. They mess tons of stuff up that we have to fix EVERYDAY. They know what sells, not what works

Hold up there cupcake. I've done and still do BOTH sides, being in the audio/video industry for 15 years at a locally, family-owned corporation that's been in business since 1978. I'm certainly not a n00b with car audio and have been in "sales" long enough to know that you don't sell what just sells, but what's actually worth it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

GROMAUDIO

Reaction score
I believe GROM Audio has something exciting to share with Android users. First and foremost, we have launched an Android Direct Solution in early 2012, for Android® Integration to In-Car Stereo – Which Transforms Android Devices into Car Media Center.

Features and Benefits of Android Direct Connection Kit (GROM-USB2P) to Factory Car Stereo

•It allows users to connect their Android phones/Devices directly into-car stereo systems for complete media control.
•Android users can easily use their car stereo or steering wheel controls to access and play music stored on Android device or USB flash drive. In addition, GROM-USB2P2 features AUX line-in 3.5mm phone jack for other audio sources.
•GROM’s Android USB Audio connection for the best sound quality. Full digital audio connection available for any Android Jelly Bean devices (via USB2P or MST3P interfaces) to various factory sound systems. The result is high quality sound from your Android device through your car’s stereo.
•GROM Multimedia Kit Integrates Bluetooth technology (Via Bluetooth Dongle GROM-BTD) for Wireless Audio and In-car Hands-free Calling. Most importantly, users can keep eyes on the road and hands on the wheel while talking to callers

GROM Car Kits are the ultimate solution for Android device owners with factory car stereo system who are looking for hands free, wireless streaming (Bluetooth) and direct Android phone connection media control.

GROM-USB2P makes in-car music experience much more enjoyable: better sound as a result of direct audio connection, convenience of in-car Bluetooth, and Android battery remains charged.