Car Solution Question

zwolf4444

Reaction score
I want to use my Droid in a somewhat specific way in my car. I have an aux input in my car stereo, but no bluetooth or USB, and my car doesn't fit standard stereos without an expensive adapter.

Does anyone know of a bluetooth steering wheel remote that ONLY functions as a remote? I'd like to play audio through the headphone jack into the car's aux input, but I want to be able to switch tracks via a steering wheel mounted remote. Is there such a thing? And is there a way to set the droid so that it is only controlled via bluetooth but outputs audio via headphone jack? And to top that all off, is there a way to do all this while still sending phone calls to my jawbone?

jantman

Reaction score
I can't definitively help with all of that, but maybe shed some light on some of it.

As to setting up the phone so that it plays music via the headphone jack and sends calls to bluetooth - that's going to be "difficult" at best. It *may* be possible if you root your phone, and make some *major* changes in the Android OS. But, most likely, the code that does that is so well hidden away in a low-level driver that it would be impossible to change.

As to the steering wheel controls, that's possible. I haven't seen anything yet that just does the remote control function, but I'm sure it exists. If not, and you have any friends who are electrical engineers, they could cook something up, either with a one-off remote, or using your car's cruise control buttons.