Recommended Bluetooth car kit - phone and music?

Reaction score
This is the solution I am looking for something that can answer calls and stream my music. Did you do any research on these speaker units is this one of the top ones? I need something for streaming music and podcast this winter that I can quickly mount in my work truck and take out and move to my own truck at the end of the day.

I've not found one that streams music to your stereo. BlueAnt just came out with a new one that speaks text messages and all, it gets great reviews. There is a new one from Blackberry that streams music from the sepakerphone but that is not what you are looking for.

Since I posted this, I got a Ford product with the Sync in it. The Sync is so awesome that I'd almost not buy a car again without it. It lets you stream to the stereo seamlessly without any fuss - you just hit a steering wheel button and say "bluetooth audio" and it works. All cars should have this feature.

jroal

Reaction score
I use the Motorola T605 bluetooth car kits. I have installed 4 of these. They handle A2DP stereo streaming and handsfree telephone. I get them from eBay for under $50. I have details of the installations posted here: https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/234643#234643

I also wrote an app for 2.2 or higher devices to manage the media volume when the bluetooth connects/disconnects. While it is at it, it captures where you parked your car automatically. You can find that on the market by scanning this:
QR.png

I also noticed comments in the post about syncing contacts. That is really not needed at all since Android manages all your contacts on the device. You can interact with your contacts via handsfree. For instance, I can just long press the green call button on the T605 and the phone will promt with "say a command" (on Android 2.2 or later only). Then I can say "call joe pegan" and it will look him up in my contacts. If joe pagen has more than one number it will ask which i want to dial.... you get the picture. So, there is really no need to ever sync contacts unless you wanted to view then on your car kit display but then you are missing the point of hands free.

Last edited:

loufro

Reaction score
Droid X adn CC9060 Plus compatibility problems

Can you comment on what features work with the Droid? Music playing/control? Call initiation? Phone book sync? Voice dial?

... or was this just spam?

OK I can't believe that I am the only one that has this problem. My Droid X works beautifully with Bury CC9060 PLUS except for a couple of things.
1. If I place an outgoing call via the CC9060 in my Lexus, the number displayed on the Droid is the stored number in the phone book preceded by *31# and of course I then get a message from Verizon that the call cannot be completed as dialed. If I initiate the call from the Droid, the number is sent correctly and the call connects correctly except that I have to quickly hit the settings button on the CC9060 and turn off Privacy so that I can talk and listen via the CC9060. It seems that the Privacy feature is the default for the CC9060 (when paired with the Droid) instead of the other way around. I might also mention that none of these functions worked properly until I did a download and software upgrade to the CC9060. Bury's tech support is useless. They simply throw up their hands and claim that the Droid is not on their compatibility list. I might also add that the Droid works perfectly with the factory installed blue tooth equipped in our 2010 Camry. And I might also add that our LG COSMO works perfectly with the CC9060 in the Lexus! So where is the *31# coming from and why does the CC9060 come up in PRIVACY mode on outgoing and incoming calls? I have searched the web for answers but cannot find that anyone else has reported this problem. I have discovered that +31 is the country code prefix for The Netherlands and *31 is something that you might want to add to the beginning of a number to block caller ID but why the heck is my CC9060 adding *31# to every number dialed via the DROID X?

Any help out there?