Bought Droid X2 today, was loving it...until I tried listening to music

doomzmaster

Reaction score
and it skips/stutters/whatever
Spent the last 2 hours looking online and nobody seems to have a solution?
I'm pretty pissed off. I got my phone with the buy one get one free deal at Verizon so what are my options? Do any other droid phones have the music glitch or is it just us
wow and the video recording lags
this is awful wish I never even bothered

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its just the X2. Personally, I would return it. Music is a big thing for me and it would be unacceptable to have those issues.

random rom'd X

OP
D

doomzmaster

Reaction score
Did any of the douchers at motorola even bother to test the phone before they sent it out. How do you overlook something like this

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did any of the douchers at motorola even bother to test the phone before they sent it out. How do you overlook something like this

Not sure. I believe it has something to do with the Tegra 2 chip.

random rom'd X

DKunch

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the Video Recording it lagged really bad... but after i got the Gingerbread Update it solved that problem nicely.... I havent had the Music problem yet though (Knock on wood)

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Go for the droid 3 bogo, great phone no music problems

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

AllieBaba

Reaction score
Does that phone turn off randomly? Cuz I have the droid 2 and it turns off all the time. Im sick of it

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
D

doomzmaster

Reaction score
So if its a chip problem does that mean it'll never get fixed?

also why does it have 225MB ram used and 105MB free? I thought this had 512MB where is my ram

Last edited:

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
The droid 3 does reboot randomly, kind of a drag but it doesn't do it so much and most of the time I'm not using it. And if you go to task manager and settings and enable I forgot I think its cpu apps or something, you can see where all your ram is going

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
So if its a chip problem does that mean it'll never get fixed?

also why does it have 225MB ram used and 105MB free? I thought this had 512MB where is my ram

You have 512 total. X amount used by the OS, X amount used by apps, and X amount free. In your case 182mb used by the OS, 225 being used by various apps, and 105 free at the momment.

As for the random reboots with D3's some do and some don't. I haven't had a single random reboot I over a month. Can't explain why some have issues, but its been like that since the D1 some are good and some not so good.

end of line...

AllieBaba

Reaction score
Yea just reading everyones posts I think droids(in the 1,2,3 series) have weird glitches. Its a shame cus I love my phone :(

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

OP
D

doomzmaster

Reaction score
Anyone know how flash is on the Droid Incredible 2? I'm sort of leaning that way now either that or Thunderbolt I'm pretty pissed at Motorola

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how flash is on the Droid Incredible 2? I'm sort of leaning that way now either that or Thunderbolt I'm pretty pissed at Motorola

Personally, if I was gonna get a 3G phone right now, I would get the Incredible 2. But my next phone is definitely gonna be 4G.

Random ROM'd X