All around fail. X2 Q&A

Wongway

Reaction score
My guess is that Nvidia's chip isn't properly coded for yet, and lack of dual core optimizations.

1) an update may fix the first guess
2) second will have to wait for Gingerbread

Wongway

Reaction score
I'm sure it will come...I remember having 2.0 on the original droid, it's gotten it's share of updates since release.

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Root with Gingerbreak apk. Super easy to do.. then a little more difficult step but actually simple if u r not new to the root game is install v6 superscript.. it helps memory and performance issues drastically and there is even a tutorial on zepplinroxs post.. I agree the phone should not have to be tweaked out of the box.. but without the script I was using 90 to 95% of my total available.. this is a major problem and is obviously unacceptable but rooting and adding the script has made this phone what I thought it would be out of the box.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also I've noticed media and music issues went by the wayside using poweramp music player.. easily one of the most worth paying for app on the market

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I've been using PowerAMP as well since the X2, and it does seem like the amount has gone done, but it is still there.

Out of curiosity, what is everyone's average memory use since rooting/freezing etc?

A few days ago I was going around 110-130 average, then suddenly it's down to 77-89 average. I might have updated one or two apps but a) I'm not sure b) same things still show up in the running list.

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im the same as u.. I fluctuate between 90 or so up to about 130.
Checking it right now I have 122 mb free but its never too low and I just did the script update today

vvildcard

Reaction score
I've been using the SuperCharger's 'Gaming' settings instead of the MegaMemory settings and it's been more than stable/snappy. My free memory has been sitting at around 70 MB at the lowest since switching to Gaming. With MegaMemory settings, it was always above 100.

Wongway

Reaction score
I'm not fully versed in what the various settings do...
Why would you use the gaming setting over the megamemory?

vvildcard

Reaction score
Because of Dungeon Defenders, a rather memory intensive game. Basically, the MegaMemory settings clears stuff in memory too soon, making the game crash.

There are different 'compartments' in Android memory management. Each program, when it gets loaded into memory, is assigned to one (or many) of the compartments. The compartments are given a priority that determines how important the stuff in them is. Stuff that you can't run without, like the kernel and core android services are loaded into the first compartment... stuff that you only need temporarily is loaded into the last compartment. When there is no more memory, Android goes through the compartments, starting with the last one, and starts clearing memory.

The SuperCharger script is adjusting how big each compartment is... so by default, the compartments are really small. Android sets aside a (relatively) small amount of memory for the core stuff and leaves a big chunk for everything else. The problem is that the 'everything else' isn't being managed very well and it eventually crashes. Also, some of the compartments are too small, so when we load a lot of programs that all need a part of those compartments, they fill up quickly, then start fighting with each other for the limited space. With SuperCharger, you're giving each compartment more room so those 'fights' don't happen as often.

So, if that all made sense, it should help you understand why the MegaMemory settings are good for multitasking, but not so good for one big program that wants to use all your memory at once.

gr8scott_o

Reaction score
I've tried both class 2 and 4 cards and it seems the same. Are you not experiencing these problems at all? Have you tried multitasking while listening for a few minutes?

Well, I spoke too soon. I had issues today with my Class 4 card.

Yesterday, no hint of any issues all day long.

Today, towards the afternoon, I started having issues again. Remember, I listen to music for most of the day, so it had been running for 5+ solid hours.

Started off with just slight hesitation when multitasking. I noticed it, so started purposefully doing lots of different things on the phone, with more and more stuttering in the music. I especially noticed it when opening up Ti Backup (when displaying the message "All application info has been loaded from the OS!") Finally, when browsing thru available albums in the music player in landscape mode (similar to the iphone's "coverflow") the music got stuck in a quick loop and then the phone froze completely.

Had to do a battery pull to get it unstuck.

Available memory: 142mb. Uptime: 72 hours. I have been running with Gingerbreak, SD Speed Increase at 2048, Supercharge script with the recommended memory settings, all bloat frozen, most of blur frozen for that 72 hours.

Wongway

Reaction score
Huh, gr8scott, mind if I ask a question?
You froze Blur, so I assume you have another launcher... with that said, would Blur still run in the background with another launcher being used?

Sweettreat

Reaction score
but failed in speed the way an Accord would to my M3.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I just rolled my eyes and made a jagoff motion with right hand. We are all very impressed with your owning an M3 I'm sure.

DX on LGBv.8

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
but failed in speed the way an Accord would to my M3.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I just rolled my eyes and made a jagoff motion with right hand. We are all very impressed with your owning an M3 I'm sure.

DX on LGBv.8

Wow, bitter Accord owner that likes to jagoff.